KAISOO: Kiss On, Keep On

Counting to Infinity

1: Jongin grinds his teeth at night, so Kyungsoo tries using positive reinforcement to break him of the habit.

Kyungsoo lay next to Jongin, warm, comfortable, drowsy, but completely unable to sleep. They'd gotten into bed around 11 that night, but Kyungsoo had stayed up to finish a book long after Jongin had already cuddled close and gone off to dreamland. Now, it was almost 1 am and Kyungsoo really really wanted to fall asleep.

He just couldn't.

Jongin's soft snores he could deal with. The muttered words of half-coherent conversations he could deal with. Even perpetually cold feet against Kyungsoo's own he could deal with. But grinding teeth? Not so much.

Jongin had warned him before they moved in together, but Kyungsoo had brushed his boyfriend off easily. He'd grown up in the same room as a brother with a similar habit, so Jongin's would be no problem at all. Except it was. Before, when they'd had "sleepovers" at Jongin's or Kyungsoo's, the latter had been so exhausted post activities that he'd always fallen asleep almost immediately and hadn't even heard the teeth grinding. Today, though, he was not so fortunate.

Kyungsoo rolled over, stuffing his head under his pillow and trying his best to block the sound from his hearing. When that didn't work, he covered his entire head with their comforter, pulling it from his feet and nearly suffocating himself in the process. Finally he decided that the best approach to solve this problem was a direct one.

Leaning across the bed so that his face was directly in front of a still sleeping Jongin, Kyungsoo pecked his boyfriend quickly.

"Hmm?" Jongin hummed, awakened by Kyungsoo's brief kiss. "Soo?"

"Shh, baby. It's alright. You were just grinding your teeth," Kyungsoo explained, knowing that he should feel guilty for waking his boyfriend but actually feeling pleased that at least the horrible sound was successfully stopped. He elaborated further. "I thought that kissing you would make you stop. Positive reinforcement and what not."

Jongin chuckled at that, his voice deepened with sleep and making Kyungsoo shiver. "Soo," the former psychology major explained gently, "positive reinforcement is supposed to come after something good happens, not to stop something bad."

The owl-eyed boy's heart lips formed an attractive 'O' of surprise. "Like a reward?"

"Mhmm," Jongin confirmed with an attractively low rumble. "If you kiss me every time my teeth are grinding, not only will I not get any sleep, but my subconscious will start to think that teeth grinding is a good thing!"

"Oops?" Kyungsoo muttered sheepishly. Jongin thought his smaller boyfriend looked entirely too adorable like that and kissed him lovingly on the tip of his nose.

"I don't mind the kisses, though," Jongin clarified cheekily, "but you might mind the result."

"Which is what?" Kyungsoo asked slyly, reading the hungry look on Jongin's face easily from years of practice.

"No sleep for you either," Jongin said, kissing Kyungsoo between each word before rolling on top of his lover once he finished speaking.

I think I can deal, Kyungsoo thought as he pulled the comforter up over their heads and returned Jongin's kisses.


 

There you go! How was this first one? I hope you liked it! If you did, I'd love to hear from you in a comment, by upvoting, or by subscribing.

Also, now that's up, submissions are open! Please feel free to comment a prompt! Really—please do—it'll be unbelievably embarrassing if everyone chooses right now to be silent readers! Thanks!