Mercury

Harmonic Convergence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Watch it!" a by-standard shouted as Jackson zoomed by on his skateboard. He flipped his board and rode down the stair railing, careful to dodge any students that were in his way. Skateboarding was Jackson's everyday routine. He would ride to classes, in between meals and even at night. At night was when he wouldn't have to worry about crowds of people roaming about. 

He kicked his board up to his arms and carried it to his favorite smoothie shack on campus. It was perfect for an extremely hot day like this.

"Yo, I'll have the usual," he said flipping a won coin to the girl behind the counter, also giving her a wink. The girl smiled and prepared his favorite smoothie, blue rasberry. Jackson took it and gave her the rest of the total, then slurped it as he walked.

He shielded his face with his arm from the blinding sun, then put on his sunglasses. "Why is it so hot bro??" he said outloud. Just then, his best friend Mark came up behind him on his skateboard, swirving around him to stop, b-boy style.

"I dunno, global warming?" said Mark. Jackson rolled his eyes.

"You always have perfect timing," he said. Just then, they saw a guy walking out of a building carrying a boat load of items in his arms, blocking his vision. He tripped over the stairs and fell, dropping everything. Jackson and Mark bursted out laughing while holding their stomachs. The boy scrambled trying to pick up all of his things.

"Typical Jimin. That guy is in a few of my classes, such a loser," said Jackson.

"Maybe we should stop being for once and go help him," Mark said flashing a wink to Jackson. Jackson took the hint and winked back. He threw his skateboard to the ground and sped towards Jimin. 

Jimin looked up at Jackson who stood in front of him. "Need some help buddy?" asked Jackson. Jimin gave an uncertain expression then slowly nodded his head. Jackson smirked then picked up one of his books and held it out towards Jimin, but as Jimin reached to grab it, Jackson heaved it far away into a bush.

"Oops, sorry," said Jackson. He then started kicking around a few other books and boxes that Jimin dropped, spreading them far from his reach. "Oops, sorry." 

Mark rode over laughing his head off and joined in on tormenting the boy. Jackson then picked up a teddy bear that was on the ground. 

"Awww is this your wittle teddy bear?" he said in a taunting voice.

"Give it to me.." Jimin said quietly.

"Awww is this baby gonna cry?" Jackson said reaching down to pinch Jimin's cheeks hard. "Go on, try and take it from me," he said holding it high above his head. Jimin stood up and stretched his small body trying to reach, but Jackson was too tall. Jackson then held it down to his waist, but when Jimin reached for it, he quietly switched it to his other hand. "I said you can take it," Jackson repeated has he kept moving the teddy, preventing Jimin from grabbing it. "Why you so slow, man??"

Jimin's eyes started to swell up with tears. "Awww is the wittle baby gonna cry like a girl?? Little girl little girl little sissy girl," Jackson teased. Jimin gave up trying to reach then sat back on the ground, letting his tears fall.

"Come on man give it back," Mark said after finishing his laughter.

"I don't know any college student who still sleeps with a teddy bear hahaha," Jackson said throwing the bear back down. 

"Leave him alone!" a voice shouted from behind him. The turned to see a guy in a storming up to them.

"Well look who it is, Eunhyuk from the Athletic Department," Jackson said rolling his eyes.

"You es are acting like a couple five year olds. You'd better leave before I kick both your asses," Eunhyuk threatened. Jackson chuckled, raising an eyebrow towards Eunhyuk.

"Whatever. Come on Mark, let's bounce," Jackson said stepping down on the end of his skateboard. Mark did the same thing as they skated away.

 

"What the hell was up with that?" said Mark.

"Pssh I dunno. The one time we decided to have a little fun someone has to come ruin it," said Jackson.

"Anyway, change of subject. When you gonna ask the hottie at the smoothie stand out?" Mark asked moving his eyebrows up and down.

"Who, Amber? Naw man, it's not like that. She's cute but I don't think she's my type," Jackson r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter