Venus

Harmonic Convergence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sun was finally starting to go down, which made the heat ease up a bit. Lay was walking back to his dorm from his class when he received a phone call. Great. It was Luhan. Lay's ex boyfriend. Lay sighed and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi.." said Luhan.

"What do you want, Luhan? I thought I told you never to call me again," said Lay.

"I-I just wanted to hear your voice...I miss you..."

"If you miss me so much then why did you cheat on me?" Lay said rolling his eyes, not falling for Luhan's 'about to cry' voice.

"It didn't mean anything, I swear! Please.."

"I caught you in bed having with another man when you claimed you loved me. Luhan, I don't take love lightly. When I fall in love, I fall hard and I'm faithful only to that person. I thought you were that person but you proved me wrong. I was a fool for loving you. If you have any decency or self respect, you will delete my number and never contact me again. We're over and I mean it. I have no intention of being with someone who delibrately cheated on me. You knew exactly what you were doing when happened so just knock it off with your stories," Lay said then hung up. Lay had already deleted Luhan's number when they broke up three months ago, but he could still recognize the number, especially ssince Luhan had tried calling many times before. Lay was completely over Luhan at this point. He was really hurt he found his boyfriend sleeping with someone else and for a long time he would keep to himself, not being as open as he normally would be.

Lay stuffed his phone in his pocket and decided to go to the library for some peace and quiet. When he got there, he looked around and noticed that his favorite table was being occupied by a boy with long hair. Lay decided to go up to him and start a conversation.

"Excuse me, may I sit here?" he asked. The boy looked up from the novel he was reading with cold eyes, giving a glare of death.

"No," he said.

"But there are four other chairs here," said Lay.

"And there are many other tables, yet you come to this one and bother me."

"You're Leo, right? We have a class together. I talk to all my classmates but I've never spoken to you so I thought maybe we could be friends. I see you like to read, as do I," said Lay.

"I don't want friends. I don't need friends. Now go away," Leo said looking back down at his book. 

"Okay fine, ice princess," Lay joked. Leo slammed his book down and stood up.

"Are you making fun of me?" he said in a scary voice.

"No I wasn't, it was just a joke. Lighten up, sheesh," Lay said then walked over to a different table, further away from Leo.

He pulled out a book from his backpack and began reading. He just so happen to glance up and see a boy walking in. The same boy who ran into him earlier. Lay's eyes followed the boy as disappeared behind the bookshelves. He noticed that the boy had gone into the Astronomy section, which was a topic of interest for Lay. Being the social butterfly he was, he decided to go over.

 

Suho was searching the shelves to find more books about harmonic convergence. He wanted to gather as many facts as he could so he could about that day so he could find various ways to prevent disaster, but his attention was captured by a book on comets. He couldn't resist, he picked it up and opened it. He was always excited to learn about new comets and when they would be visible.

"Comets? Nice choice," Lay said with a dimpled smile as he pretended to look through the shelved books. Suho looked up and stared at the extremely attractive boy who was talking to him.

"Oh um yeah..I'm an Astronomy major so I'm into stuff like this," Suho said studdering and smiling like an idiot.

"I really like Astronomy too. I feel like I've always had a strong connection with the subject," said Lay.

"Really? That's cool, are you studying it?"

"Not quite. I love it, but it isn't my major. I just grew up...knowing a lot about it. From my parents and such."

"That's really cool.." Suho said getting embarrassed. When it came to guys that Suho found really attractive or that he liked, he was horrible at keeping a conversation, so there was a long awkward silence.

"So what's your name?" Lay asked finally breaking the silence.

"S-Suho..Kim Suho..what about you?" Suho said with a fast heartbeat.

"I'm Zhang Yixing, but my friends call me Lay, so you can call me Lay," he said smiling.

"S-so we're f-friends..?" Suho studdered. Lay chuckled.

"Yes, if that's okay with you," he said jokingly.

"Yes yes yes! Yes to the friends that was a yes definitely a yes!!" Suho blurted out feeling embarrassed afterwards. Lay laughed loudly, only to be 'shhh-ed' by the librarian.

"You're pretty funny," said Lay. Suho felt himself blushing hard.

"Oh um y-y-y-you think so..?"

Lay nodded. "You're really cute too," he added. Suho knew he needed to escape before he goes into cardiac arrest because of how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter