Huit

Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eunji

"You're late," Eunji called out from the back as she heard the bell at the door.

"Sorry, sorry," she heard Chanyeol apologize. 

She walked out to find Chanyeol along with his friend that she had seen a week ago when she went into Sunmi's aparment. Chanyeol brushed past her to grab his apron from the back and do whatever else it was that always took him so long to get settled in. 

"Chanyeol, you can't just bring your friend in here, you have to work," Eunji rolled her eyes after looking his friend up and down.

"And I will," Chanyeol said as he emerged from the back, "he's just gonna chill here until I get off."

"Why?" Eunji asked.

"Because he's around and has nothing to do." Chanyeol shrugged.

"Well, at least introduce me." Eunji put her hands on her hips as Chanyeol walked around the counter to stand beside his friend.

"This," he said as he put an arm around his shoulder, "is Baekhyun. He's my best bud from college except he stayed there after I dropped out."

"You've literally never mentioned him," Eunji said.

"And, Baekhyun, this is the girl who gives me life!" Chanyeol exclaimed, holding his arm out towards Eunji.

"He means I pay him," Eunji laughed with a roll of her eyes, "and that's not going to be the case if you don't get to work."

Eunji threw a towel at Chanyeol to wipe down tables and returned to the back to finish grinding coffee. When she finished that, she quickly checked her phone to see if Sehun had texted her. To her disappointment, Sehun had texted saying he was working with a difficult client and couldn't come by the shop today, but he would take her for dinner tonight to make up for it. 

"So, how long have you and Chanyeol...?" Baekhyun asked as Eunji came out to set up and clean off the counter.

"We've known each other since high school," Eunji replied.

"Chanyeol told me that you own this place," Baekhyun said after a moment of quiet.

"I do, yes." Eunji nodded.

"Is it fun? What made you decide to open up a coffee shop?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yeah, I'd say it's pretty fun," Eunji said with a smile, "and I decided to open it up after breaking up with my last boyfriend."

"I see." Baekhyun nodded. "So do you have any other staff than the two of you?"

"Yeah, mostly college kids from the area and some high schoolers." Eunji shrugged. "Everyone is part time except Chanyeol and I."

"Do you pay?" Baekhyun pressed.

"Most of them just put it on their tab," Eunji said as she checked the register and began to fill the glass case with pastries.

"Tab?" Baekhyun questioned.

"I keep track of how long they've worked and what I would have payed them, and when they come in to study or with friends, they ask to just put it on their tab so they basically get paid in coffee," Eunji explained, "you sure are full of questions."

"I like meeting new people!" Baekhun smiled brightly. He reminded Eunji of an excitable child. "Do you make the pastries here?"

"No," Eunji laughed in resignation. There was no stopping this kid, "I buy them from a supplier."

"I have a friend who owns a bakery!" Baekhyun perked up. "He makes cakes and cupcakes and different desserts. He has this really good cheesecake that's to die for. I bet if I asked him, you guys could make like a business thing where he serves your coffee at his shop and you serve his pastries here. That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter