Neuf

Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji

Eunji savored the cool night air as she walked back to her apartment. Today had been a good day at the shop with loads of customers and the possibility of a business partnership with Baekhyun's friend. Meeting Baekhyun had been quite nice as well. His personality was bright and added a little fun to the shop. He was quite talkative and didn't know when to stop, but he meant well. Eunji thought he was a lot like her in his bubbliness and his warmth. 

Eunji tossed these thoughts of Chanyeol's friend aside as she reached her building and remembered Sehun's promise of dinner. As she took the elevator up, she wondered where they'd be going and when exactly Sehun would pick her up. By this point, he knew her daily schedule, so she imagined he'd pick her up in around forty-five minutes. Excited, she turned the key in her door and was startled to find all of the lights on.

"Hello?" She called out tentatively. She wondered if she had left the lights on, but she distinctly remembered turning them off.

"Hey!" Sehun's face popped out from around the corner where her kitchen was, scaring Eunji.

"Holy!" Eunji put a hand over her heart. "Sehun how the hell did you get in?"

"I charmed the lady at the front desk into letting me in," he said with a cheeky smile.

"You can't just break into my apartment, stupid." Eunji shook her head and went to put her things away.

She changed out of her work clothes to put on a pair of sweatpants and a black tee. Eunji let her hair down and coarsly ran her fingers through it in an attempt to comb out the knots. When she walked back out, she saw her table set and Sehun worrying over something in the kitchen.

"What are you making me?" Eunji asked, coming up behind Sehun to wrap her arms around his chest and bury her face in his back.

"I'm trying to make carbonara," Sehun replied, seemingly satisfied by her touch. 

"Trying?" She questioned with a laugh.

"There's a reason my kitchen goes unused," Sehun said sheepishly.

"I would've been just fine with takeout." Eunji released Sehun to sit on the counter beside him.

"That wouldn't have been special." Sehun shook his head.

"Not everything in a relationship has to be special," Eunji said softly, swinging her legs in front of her as she spoke.

"But I thought relationships were supposed to be sparks and excitement." Sehun looked up from the stove at her with concern.

"I mean yes, there are parts of a relationship with sparks and excitement, but you can't expect it to all be like that," Eunji explained, "if you think the whole relationship is going to be fireworks, then you'll quickly become bored with your partner. Relationships are about being with each other and enjoying life together. Being in a relationship is like having a best friend that can hold your hand and kiss you. There will be slow parts, but that's what makes the sparks and excitement that much better."

"I feel stupid," Sehun half laughed, looking down at the boiling pasta water.

"Hey," Eunji repremanded, reaching out to grab Sehun's chin and turning it towards her, "don't feel stupid. This is new for you, I don't expect you to know everything. Even if this weren't new I still wouldn't expect you to know everything. Relationships are about learning; learning about you, your partner, and love."

Eunji leaned forward and planted a kiss on Sehun's forehead, pulling back to smile at him. Sehun's eyes sparkled with something she couldn't place and he moved to kiss Eunji on the lips g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter