Vingt-Six

Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun

Sehun awoke with a ringing in his ears and a pounding in his head. He struggled to remember the events of the previous night after Kai had tried to kiss him, but came up blank. As he sat up to get out of bed, he finally noticed the girl in his bed. To his horror, this girl was not Eunji. Sehun tried again to remember last night, hoping that by some miracle he could explain this girl in his bed in a way that wasn't him cheating on Eunji.

"Morning, you," the girl giggled as she awoke.

"You have to leave, right now," Sehun ordered, pointing at his bedroom door and climbing out of his bed as fast as he could. He wanted to put as much space between him and this stranger as he could. 

"Aw, don't you like me?" She crooned. "You certainly did last night."

"I have a girlfriend," Sehun said firmly and watched her face drop.

Wordlessly, she got up and began to gather her clothes that were haphazardly strewn on the floor. Sehun left his bedroom and began to pace the length of his living room in his boxers. He tried his hardest to remember what had happened, but still couldn't find anything. All he could remember Kai asking him to go out for drinks and then everything else was a blur. Sehun was distraught, knowing what this could mean for his relationship with Eunji. 

He loved Eunji with all his heart and couldn't believe that, even drunk, he would cheat on her. This was all new to him, but Eunji made him feel alive and like he was worth something. He had enjoyed their year together and was hoping that they would have many more to follow. Sehun could never see himself loving another person like he loved Eunji, but now he ruined it. He knew that Eunji would be so hurt if he told her. 

"If I tell her," Sehun mumbled to himself. If he didn't tell her, she would never know and she would never be hurt. All he had to do was keep this a secret.

At that moment, Luhan came bursting through Sehun's front door with an urgency that Sehun didn't understand. Luhan looked around for a moment and sighed with relief as if he had been expecting someone else to be there. Sehun wondered if Luhan could possibly know about the girl in his bedroom, but decided that he was just being paranoid. He just prayed that she would stay in his room and not come out until Luhan was gone.

"Hey, Luhan, what do you need?" Sehun asked as casually as he could.

"Uh, nothing, actually," Luhan said slowly, looking around Sehun's apartment with scrutinizing eyes.

"Why are you here then?" Sehun laughed at his friend.

"I, uh, did I leave my car keys here?" Luhan asked.

"Not that I know of." Sehun glanced around. "Do you know when you last had them?"

"No, nevermind." Luhan shook his head. "I'll see if I left them at my girlfriend's place."

Sehun nodded and went to show his friend out, overjoyed that the girl in his room had stayed there. As soon as Luhan was out the door, Sehun sighed and plopped on his couch. 

"Crisis averted," he whispered to himself.

"Sehun?" The girl poked her head out from his bedroom and glanced around before coming out. "I heard a voice so I thought I should stay hidden. Are they gone now?"

"Yeah, they're gone." Sehun nodded at her. 

Without another word, the girl put her shoes on and left his apartment, leaving Sehun to his thoughts. 

I hope I can pull this off...

Luhan

When Luhan had gone to Sehun's apartment, he had been so relieved to see no traces of another human being. But that feeling was shattered as he was leaving and he saw the shoes. Just as Sehun was ushering him out the door, he saw a second pair of shoes that were by the door. They were most definitely not Sehun's and they looked too small to be Eunji's. Besides, why would Eunji leave a single pair of shoes at Sehun's house? She hardly spent time at his apartment, he was usually at hers. Luhan knew that Sehun was hiding the girl from the night before in his apartment. 

Luhan was worried. The fact that Sehun tried to hide it was shady. Sehun had seemed so casual and nonchalant, and if he didn't want Luhan to know, he most definitely wouldn't be telling Eunji. This hurt Luhan. On one hand, he wanted Sehun and Eunji to remain together, but on the other hand, he knew that Eunji deserved to know. Perhaps if he told her that Sehun had been drugged by Kai, she would be more understanding and they could talk it out. Luhan had faith in the two of them. He really believed that Eunji was the one for Sehun, but could only hope that they would be able to survive this debacle.

Without another, thought, Luhan made his way to Eunji's apartment. As much as it hurt him to do so, he was going to tell Eunji what happened. 

Eunji

An urgent knocking at Eunji's door woke her up and she looked out her window to see that the sun had already risen. In waiting for Sehun last night, she must've drifted off to sleep without noticing it. The knocking persisted, and Eunji forced herself to get off the couch, rubbing at the kink in her neck.

"Yeah?" Eunji opened the door groggily.

"Eunji we need to talk, it's important." Luhan burst into her apartment while speaking rapidly.

"Sure, yeah, come on in." Eunji rolled her eyes.

"Sorry for barging in it's just..." Luhan looked away. "This is urgent and you need to know."

"What's wrong?" Eunji asked. "Has something happened to Sehun?"

She wondered why he hadn't come back to her apartment that night like he had promised. She figured he had been tired or forgot and just went back to his place, but the way Luhan was acting, Eunji became worried that he had been injured or worse.

"And what happened to your face?" Eunji reached out to softly touch the bruise blossoming from Luhan's left cheek.

"Kai's got a hell of a right hook," Luhan tried to laugh, but Eunji saw through his attempts.

"What the hell happened? Did you get in a fight with Kai?" Eunji pressed, her brow furrowing.

"We should sit down," Luhan said gently.

Confused, Eunji obliged and led him to her couches. They sat down and Eunji curled her legs up under her. She waited patiently for Luhan to speak as he sat there and stared at his knees. He seemed to be searching for the right words to say or the best way to say what he had to say. The anticipation was killing Eunji, her mind running wild of all the possibilities of what c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter