Quarante

Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji

Eunji drummed her fingers on the counter next to the register, her chin resting on her other hand. The day was slow. Only she and Chanyeol were working that day, so there was nothing much happening. All the free time gave Eunji a lot of time to think on her current situation. 

Yesterday, she had broken up with Baekhyun and shattered his heart. That morning, Baekhyun had called in sick. Whether he was sick or not, Eunji didn't know, but she highly doubted it. She knew that she had hurt him in the exact same way that Sehun had hurt her. She had lied to him, an even bigger lie than the one Sehun had told her. She had lied to Baekhyun and let him think that she loved him. Baekhyun had been so amazing, always working to keep their relationship afloat. Even when she told him the terrible truth, he was still worried about her. 

Eunji felt despicable. She had never meant to hurt anyone. Truly, she had wanted to love Baekhyun. Despite that, she had always known that she couldn't, not after Sehun. Eunji should have listened to Sunmi. Eunji knew that Sunmi was right when she told her that their relationship was doomed. If only she had listened. If she had ended it before it could have gotten so out of hand, no one would have gotten hurt.

"Chanyeol?" Eunji asked, looking over at the tall man sitting on the floor beside her.

"What's up?" He looked up at her, closing whatever app it was he had been playing with and putting his phone back in his pocket.

"What do I do now?" Eunji asked hopelessly. She felt so lost. 

"About Sehun?" Chanyeol asked and hefted himself up off the floor.

Eunji nodded wordlessly.

"Tell him what you told Baekhyun and I." He shrugged.

"That I love him?" Eunji's brow furrowed.

"Yes," Chanyeol answered.

"Just plain and simple like that?" Eunji asked.

"I suppose." Chanyeol shrugged again.

"Chanyeol, no offense," Eunji said and looked over at her friend, "but that's advice."

"Yeah, it is," he admitted.

"I can't just go up to him like none of this happened and tell him that I love him." Eunji shook her head. "There's so many complications like the fact that I literally just broke up with Baekhyun and that Sehun did cheat on me."

"In his defense, he was drugged when he did that," Chanyeol interjected.

"Yes, but that doesn't change that he lied about it," Eunji replied, "after all, that is why I broke up with him in the first place."

"Honestly, I don't know what I can tell you," Chanyeol admitted, "why don't you ask Suho?"

"Good idea." Eunji nodded and whipped out her phone to text Suho.

Usually, she would have gone to Baekhyun for this sort of advice. He was her best male friend. But now, she couldn't ask him. Not only because she had recently just complicated their friendship, but also because he was personally involved in her conflict. Sunmi was always great for advice, but Eunji wanted a man's perspective. She and Sunmi constantly talked about what had happened, but they just had their view as girls. Eunji imagined that Suho or Chanyeol could give her a different perspective. Perhaps it was better that she ask Suho. Of all of her friends, he was the most distant. This way, he could give her almost an outside perspective.

"Thanks so much for coming," Eunji said when Suho came up to the counter and sat at his usual seat in front of the pastry case.

"Sure thing, man." Suho smiled.

Eunji quickly gave Suho the run down on what had happened. She refreshed him on her breakup with Sehun and her relationship with Baekhyun. She told him about how she forgave Sehun and had started to phase him back into her life. Then she explained how doing that made her realize how much she actually still loved him. Finally, Eunji told Suho about her breakup with Baekhyun and all that had happened that night.

"I think your biggest problem is that you're too hasty," Suho said after patiently sitting through all of her explanations. 

"I've been told that a lot recently," Eunji laughed bitterly.

"See, you're such a fun person who is always down to try new things and go on adventures," Suho started, "and that's a great quality. The only downside is that it's also your fatal flaw. You went into your relationships with both Sehun and Baekhyun so quickly that you didn't have any real time to adjust. You didn't think it out. That's what ended up hurting you with Sehun, and what ended up hurting Baekhyun."

"So what do I do?" Eunji asked.

"You need to slow down," he replied.

"How?" She looked at him incredulously. She couldn't imagine living her life in any way other than the way she was living it now.

"I'm not saying call of relationships completely or sign a chastity pledge." Suho smiled. "What I am saying is that you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter