Une

Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji

The smell of freshly ground coffee filled Eunji's nose and she let the corners of turn up in a blissful smile. This was home; here with her hair tied up and coffee grounds stuck under her fingernails. She loved the smell of coffee and always enjoyed coming into the shop early to roast and grind the beans for the day of caffine seekers coming into her shop. Eunji hummed to herself as she put the tub of beans back onto the shelf, making sure the label was facing outward. 

She had put so much work into this shop. After breaking up with her last boyfriend, Eunji knew she needed something that would give her motivation to wake up in the morning. She needed a job that she loved, she wanted to do something with her life that made her happy. That's when she got the idea to take her love for good coffee and share it with the world. It was a lot of work, and she was in debt from all the loans she had to take out, but it was worth it. And with the popularity her shop was gaining, she'd be able to pay off her debt in no time at all.

"Morning!" Called out a voice from the front of the shop, accompanied by the metalic jingle of the bells that were on the front door.

"I'm in the back," Eunji called out.

"Hey, boss," a tall man walked into the back, saluting with two fingers before rummaging through a cubby to pull out an apron.

"Chanyeol," Eunji looked up with a smile, "how was your vacation?"

"Good, good," he said as he put his apron on, "my parents keep nagging me to get a real job."

"Hey now, being manager of a coffee shop is a real enough job," laughed Eunji.

"You know what they mean," sighed Chanyeol, "they want me to be a business man. Y'know, suit and tie, nine to five, white collar job."

"Now, I gave you time off on the condition that you come back rejuvinated and refreshed," Eunji scolded, flicking Chanyeol on the forehead.

"Sorry, sorry," Chanyeol smiled, running a hand through his hair, and walking out to the front to wipe down tables.

Eunji glanced at the clock and noted that they should be opening in twenty minutes. She busied herself placing pastries and muffins in the glass case out front and making sure the register was filled with enough cash for change. As she glanced out the door, she could see that the sun had yet to rise on Seoul. In just a few moments, her day would begin with the hustle and bustle of business men, students, and anyone and everyone. 

Sehun

Sehun woke with a throbbing headache and a mouth as dry as the Mojave. Next to him was a girl whose name he couldn't care to remember. He sat up and looked around his bare room with just a bed and a nightstand. Careful not to wake the girl in his bed, Sehun got up and stretched. Scratching his lower back, he walked out into the rest of his aparment which consisted of an equally bare living room and a modern kitchen. He made his way to the opposite side where his bathroom was and rummaged through the medicine cabinet for something to remedy his hangover. Finding a few tabs in a box that read "Hangover Over", he figured they would suffice and went back into his kitchen to grab some water.

Leaning against the cool granite of his counter, Sehun downed his water and the medicine. He sighed and leaned his head back, wishing he had bought a coffee machine when he moved in. He had come to Seoul just a week ago and was still in the process of settling in. He didn't like being tied down to a person much less a location. After living in his last apartment for almost three years, he decided that it was time to move. Besides, a new place meant plenty of new girls in the area.

"Sehun?" He heard the sleepy, confused voice of the girl from last night coming from his bedroom.

"Kitchen," he said, just loud enough to be heard.

"Morning," the girl smiled, biting her lip. Sehun wondered if last night had been good. He couldn't remember. 

"I've got to meet someone soon, so can you leave?" Sehun asked rather bluntly.

"Can I make you breakfast first?" The girl asked, trying not to sound hurt. 

"No, just leave," Sehun sighed, turning away to get more water.

"God, you're such an !" She cried out.

"Mhm," Sehun mumbled without turning back to face her. 

"You could've at least asked nicely," she grimaced.

"Can you please leave?" Sehun turned around, looking at the girl with disinterested eyes. 

"Ugh!" She threw her hands up in despair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter