Seize

Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji

Eunji drummed her fingers on the counter, wishing the seconds of the day would go by faster. Today had been a slow day at the shop, and she felt like she was going to die before Sehun dropped by. She hadn't seen him all weekend since he was out doing god knows what with his friend Kai. Of course, she didn't mind him hanging out with his friends, it was important that they both had lives outside of their relationship. But Eunji felt lonely in her big apartment. 

She had tried busying herself working on the piece Lay had given her to practice on the piano, but she found it far too frustrating. After making a cake in order to busy her hands, Eunji decided that she needed to get out or at least see a human face. That's when she called Baekhyun over for take out and movies. The two of them pigged out on Chinese food and popcorn while watching cheesy romantic comedies for the rest of the night.

Eunji liked Baekhyun a lot. She was cautious about how much time she spent with him due to Sehun's jealousy, but she did enjoy hanging out with him when she did. He was upbeat and fun-loving like her, so he was good at keeping up with her. Sehun was down for anything, but sometimes he seemed a little apprehensive about taking risks or going off the beaten path. Baekhyun, on the other hand, was always ready for a new adventure. On Sunday, Eunji had wanted to try fish lips soup at the super authentic Chinese place a few minutes away, but wasn't sure if she could eat a whole bowl. Baekhyun joined her and gladly agreed to finish what she couldn't.

"Eunji?" A voice brought her out of her thoughts.

"Oh, Luhan, hey." Eunji smiled warmly. "Haven't seen you in a little while."

"I was looking for Sehun," he said, looking around, "he wasn't answering his phone and he wasn't at his apartment, so my best bet was here."

"I don't know where he is right now." Eunji shrugged. "He's supposed to come by soon. He's probably with Kai right now."

"Kai?" Luhan seemed appalled and Eunji wondered if she should be worried. "He's back in town?"

"I guess," Eunji answered, "he called on Friday telling Sehun he was back in town and wanted to meet up. They've been hanging out all weekend."

"No, this is bad," Luhan said solemnly.

"What's the matter?" Eunji asked. "You're freaking me out."

"Kai is bad news to your relationship." Luhan shook his head. "He's like Sehun used to be, but ten times worse. If he's around, he's going to try to get Sehun to leave you behind."

"I trust Sehun," Eunji mumbled. It was true, but she was still worried.

"And so do I, but I don't trust Kai. I've never liked the guy." Luhan folded his arms.

"What should I do?" Eunji asked softly.

"For now, we just need to see how things go," Luhan said after a moment of thought, "I'll keep an eye on Sehun and see if Kai is having an influence on him at all. Then we'll think of how to proceed from there."

"I feel like we're a secret team of investigators," Eunji laughed half-heartedly.

"Wait." Luhan slammed his fist on the counter.

"What?" Eunji looked at him, puzzled.

"I just had a great idea," Luhan said.

"Well, what is it?" She cocked her head to the side.

"Have a party, like a get together of everybody," Luhan started, "invite Chanyeol and his girlfriend and Baekhyun and whoever else. Then, have Sehun bring Kai as well. At this party, you can showcase to Kai that you and Luhan are a perfect couple and maybe he'll change his mind."

"I'd have to buy a lot of snacks..." Eunji trailed off. "But I think we might be able to pull this off!"

"Then let's do it." Luhan nodded. "This weekend."

Everything was in order for the party, but Eunji couldn't help pacing back and forth in her apartment. She would walk into a room, circle the parameter, then exit to repeat the process in another room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter