Quinze

Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji

Eunji lay on her couch, staring at her ceiling as she contemplated what to do with her evening. Sehun was out with an old friend of his that he hadn't seen in a while, so Eunji was alone for the night. She didn't mind, she just didn't feel like cooking and going to a restaurant alone always felt weird. There was always takeout, but she and Sehun had already had takeout three times that week.

"Maybe I'll ask Sunmi," Eunji mumbled and grabbed her phone from her coffee table.

"Hey, girl," Sunmi said when she picked up the phone.

"You free for dinner?" Eunji asked.

"Nah, it's date night tonight, remember?" Sunmi replied.

"Right, have fun then," Eunji sighed and hung up. 

Eunji scrolled through her contacts, trying to find someone who would be available for dinner. There were plenty of people who would be free, but most of them she hadn't talked to since she left college. Finally, after scrolling through twice, Eunji settled with calling Baekhyun.

"Yello?" Baekhyun answered.

"Are you free right now?" Eunji asked, taking sudden interest in a loose thread on the pillow by her head.

"Yeah, actually," Baekhyun said, "why?"

"I'm bored and I want dinner out, but I don't wanna look like a scrub going alone," Eunji explained.

"What about Sehun?" Baekhyun sounded a tad apprehensive.

"He's out with a friend tonight." Eunji tugged at the thread and accidentally hit herself in the nose when it snapped. "Ow!"

"You okay?" Baekhyun asked with worry.

"Yeah," Eunji grumbled, "I just punched myself in the nose."

Eunji heard Baekhyun erupt in laughter on the other side of the line and she rolled her eyes. 

"Sorry, sorry," Baekhyun sighed after he had regained his composure, "I'll text you when I get to your place."

"See ya soon, then," Eunji said and hung up.

She sat up from her slump on her couch and glared accusingly at the pillow she had been sitting by while rubbing her nose. Eunji stretched, her joints popping, and walked over to her room to grab some shoes. As she did so, she pondered over what restaurant to go to. There was that Italian place that had just opened up across the street from her coffee shop. Maybe there would be good. 

Eunji decided that they would go to the Italian place as she got a text from Baekhyun. Surprised at how fast he had been, she left her apartment.  Before stepping into the elevator, Eunji texted Sehun to tell him she would be out with Baekhyun. She supposed she didn't have to, but she didn't want Sehun thinking she was keeping it a secret from him given he was oddly jealous of Baekhyun.

"That was fast," Eunji noted when she stepped out of the elevator to meet Baekhyun.

"Yeah, I took a taxi instead of walking," Baekhyun said, "so where are we going?"

"There's a new Italian place by the shop, I thought we could try it out," Eunji replied and walked out the door.

She led Baekhyun to the restaurant, chatting politely with him. She checked her phone occassionally for a reply from Sehun, but got no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter