Vingt-Cinq

Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun

Sehun arrived at Kai's apartment a few minutes earlier than the alotted time. He was nervous about what Kai had to say. Ever since Eunji had told him about what Kai said to her, Sehun was a little apprehensive about his friend. But, all the same, Sehun was hoping that what Kai had to say tonight was that he was sorry. Sehun hoped that Kai had seen the error of his ways and was going to apologize about being so rude to Eunji. 

"Sehun, thanks for coming." Kai answered the door and Sehun instantly knew there was something wrong. Kai was usually like Sehun, calm and collected. But now, Kai seemed a little flustered and nervous. Was whatever he had to say that important?

Sehun followed Kai into his apartment and sat on his couch. Kai handed Sehun a beer which he took gingerly and sipped at as he waited for his friend to say something.

"So this is really awkward," Kai half laughed uncomfortably.

"You know you can tell me anything," Sehun comforted, "you're my friend."

"Yeah." Kai nodded and downed almost half his beer in a single gulp.

They sat there for a moment longer. Sehun watched his friend carefully, trying to descern what it could possibly be that was bothering him so much.

"I," Kai started, "Sehun, you're really important to me."

"Yeah?" Sehun's brow furrowed.

"And I don't want to lose you as a friend..." Kai trailed off, looking up at Sehun with burning eyes.

"What is it?" Sehun was starting to get worried now.

"I don't want to lose you as a friend, but..." Kai stopped talking and started to lean forward, closing the gap between him and Sehun.

Sehun was completely beside himself, but was able to react fast enough to put a hand between the two of them before Kai's lips could reach his. Kai opened his eyes when he realized that his lips connected with something that was not Sehun's lips and instantly pulled back. Sehun stared at his friend, shocked and at a loss of words.

"Sorry, I just." Kai turned away. "I've had these feelings for a long time and I just thought that..."

"Hey, it's fine," Sehun comforted, "I just don't see you in that way. Besides, I have Eunji."

Sehun noticed that Kai's eyes darkened at the mention of Eunji, and he finally put together the reason that his friend despised his girlfriend. What he couldn't understand was why wait this long? The way Kai spoke, it was as if he had had these feelings all the way in high school. If that were the case, why hadn't he spoken up then? And why would he confess now when he knew that Sehun and Eunji had been together for a year?

"Would you go to the bar with me? Like old times?" Kai asked after an awkwardly long period of silence.

"I don't know," Sehun said uncertainly.

"I just want to act like this didn't happen and that we're friends just like we were in high school," Kai pleaded. 

"...okay," Sehun agreed after a moment of deliberation.

Kai seemed slightly elated by this answer and got up quickly. Sehun made sure to tell Eunji that he was going out with Kai and where they were going. He also told her that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter