Vingt-Neuf

Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji

"Yo, boss!" Chanyeol shouted as Eunji walked through the door to her shop.

"Sorry I'm late." She smiled gently and walked behind the counter.

Before Eunji could go into the back to get settled in, Chanyeol grabbed her arm and pulled her into a hug. His tall frame enveloped her and he rested his chin gently on the top of her head. Eunji stood awkwardly for a moment before reluctantly hugging Chanyeol back, appreciating his kindness. They stayed like that for a moment longer and Eunji was happy that she had friends around her who cared.

"I'm sorry," Chanyeol said softly as he released her.

"Thanks," Eunji sighed and disappeared into the back. 

As she got ready for work, tying her hair up and putting on her apron, Eunji felt her phone buzz. Hesitantly, Eunji looked at the screen and froze when she saw the one name she didn't want to see: Sehun.

"Hey, Eunji," Baekhyun called out.

"Hey." Eunji looked up at him. He was blushing slightly, no doubt remembering their last encounter.

"Is something wrong?" Baekhyun asked.

"It's, uh, Sehun." She held up her phone for him to see.

"What does he want?" Baekhyun made a face which would have made Eunji laugh any other day.

"I don't know...should I read it?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.

"I mean, you don't have an obligation to reply, so just read it," Baekhyun suggested.

Eunji nodded and unlocked her phone to read the quite lengthy text Sehun had sent her.

I'm sorry. I'm not sure how much of this you're going to read, so I wanted to put that first. I'm so sorry for all I did and all I said. There's no excuse for my actions and I know that, but I just had to apologize because you deserve so much more than what I gave you. I know I ed up basically the best thing I ever had. I just want you to know how sorry I am. I know you probably don't want to see me or hear from me after what I did, so I'll stay away. I'm so so sorry, Eunji. You are the most amazing person I've ever known. Thank you for showing me all the things you did.

"How do I even reply to this?" Eunji shook her head.

"Like I said, you don't have to." Baekhyun placed a comforting hand on her arm.

"I know he's sorry and I'm glad he apologized, but that doesn't change anything." Eunji looked up at her friend.

"I know it doesn't," Baekhyun said, "I think he feels bad and just wanted you to know that. I don't think he thought anything would change with this."

"This blows," Eunji sighed and tossed her phone into her cubby.

"I know it does, but you have all your friends supporting you and we will help you through it." Baekhyun hugged her. "How about tonight we do takeout and movie night again. We can order a pizza and watch Monty Python and laugh our asses off together."

"That sounds good." Eunji nodded.

"Good." Baekhyun smiled. "After closing we can go over to my place."

"Baekhyun?" Eunji called out as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter