Trente-Six

Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun

Sehun awoke to the sound of his ringtone blaring next to his head. He squinted at the screen and saw that Eunji was calling him.

"Hello?" He answered, forcing himself to sit up.

"Did you just wake up?" He could hear Eunji's incredulous laugh.

"Maybe," he muttered.

"It's almost one in the afternoon, Sehun," she laughed again. It was nice to hear her laughter after so long.

"Did you need something?" Sehun asked.

"Oh, right. I was gonna ask if you're free today. I'm having my birthday party today with a bunch of people at my place," Eunji said, "I forgot to invite you since I planned it before we made up. You want in?"

"Sure, that sounds fun. What time?" Sehun asked.

"It's at two," Eunji replied.

"I'll probably be a little late, but I can make it," Sehun said after glancing at his clock.

"Great! When you get here, my door will be unlocked. Just come on in and go out to the patio. There's some stairs there that lead to the roof where we'll be having the party," Eunji explained.

"Sounds good, I'll see you then." Sehun smiled at the excitement in Eunji's voice.

"Yeah, see you," Eunji said before hanging up.

Sehun almost forgot that today was Eunji's birthday. They had just started dating when she had her last birthday. He couldn't believe that so much time had passed. In just over a year, Sehun had fallen in love for the first time, learned how to be in a relationship, and lost his love. It was incredible how much had happened. It felt like so long ago, yet like no time had passed at all.

As he got ready, Sehun thought about his new relationship with Eunji. It was strange to think of her as just a friend. He had never really known her as anyone but his girlfriend, and perhaps that's why things crumbled eventually. Looking back on it, they really had been too hasty in their relationship. Sehun hardly knew Eunji, only ever seeing her at her coffee shop and then on their one date, but somehow ended up calling her his girlfriend when she came to his apartment a little while after their first date. They had moved so fast going into the relationship, but Sehun couldn't picture it going any other way. He felt that everything that had happened, no matter how painful, had been exactly as it was supposed to be.

Sehun left his apartment in a flurry of thought, wondering how unenthused Baekhyun would be to see him at Eunji's party. It wasn't like Baekhyun had been openly aggressive towards him other than the first time he returned to the shop, but Sehun knew that Baekhyun didn't like him. He understood, to an extent, how Baekhyun felt. Afterall, Sehun hadn't like Baekhyun either when he was dating Eunji. The difference, however, was that Sehun had talked it out with Eunji and figured things out. As far as Sehun could tell, Baekhyun and Eunji hadn't at all discussed Baekhyun's dislike of Sehun. He wondered how long their frail relationship could last.

"Sehun, you made it," Eunji said when she saw him come onto the roof.

"Yeah, sorry I'm late," Sehun apologized, "I stopped to get you a gift."

"You really didn't have to." She shook her head, tucking her hair behind her ear. Sehun loved it when she did that. "Everyone, Sehun's here!"

For the most part, there were familiar faces. Aside from Eunji, there was Sunmi, Chanyeol, Suho, Lay, and Baekhyun. There were a few other people, however, that Sehun had never seen. Eunji introduced them as friends from college and a few of her regulars that had become her friends. 

"Since everyone is here now, I'd like to start the game for the night," Eunji said loudly so everyone could hear, "we'll be playing Assassin."

Sehun had never heard of the game, but the title was certainly eye grabbing. Everyone gathered around her, and Sehun could see Sunmi bouncing excitedly as Chanyeol rolled his eyes. Whatever game Eunji had planned, it was clearly going to be interesting.

"So, in a moment, everyone will get a text from a number. It's not mine, so you won't recognize it." Eunji started. "You'll get a message with a name and a weapon. As an assassin, you have to find that person and 'kill' them with the weapon you were given. So say I get Baekhyun and gun. Which, by the way, there is no gun since all the weapons are close range. What I have to do is find Baekhyun, make eye contact, and sort of charade shooting him."

Eunji looked over at Baekhyun who looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter