Chapter 9

Love Transfer

-Chapter 9-

 

Ji-Hyeon knocked hard on Jungkook's door the following morning after she washed herself in the bathroom. "Jeon Jungkook! Wake up! You don't want to be late for the school's entrance ceremony!" she shouted from the other side of the door and peered her ear for any sound of movements. After her third knock, she opened the door and barged in. "Jeon Jungkook!" she yelled to his ear while shaking his whole body.

 

"I'm up noona. I'm up," Jungkook said drowsily as he sat up. Ji-Hyeon was satisfied upon completing her mission to wake up her little brother thus made her way out. "Wash up!" she managed to say while closing his bedroom door. She have one hour before the school starts however she still put on her uniform quickly and walked downstairs, her schoolbag in one hand and the school's blazer in the other. She headed straight into the kitchen where she put her bag down beside her and placed her blazer at the back of the seat.

 

"Have your brother woken up yet Ji-Hyeon?" your mother asked while she prepared your lunchboxes. You took a spoonful of the rice in front of you with some kimchi and soup. "He should be," she answered after swallowing the food. Just then she could hear Jungkook's bedroom door closing after he washed up. "Well eomma. That's your answer," she added when she ate another spoonful of rice. Jungkook sprinted down 15 minutes later already in his full uniform - blazer and all.

 

"Appa will take both of you to school today. To meet with you teacher and settle all the forms and stuff," their mother stated as she put the lunchboxes in front of them. "Have a nice day at school kids. I need to go out early today to look at how the renovation to my new office is getting along," she added as she kissed their forheads and head out, car keys in hand. The Jeon siblings ate in silence as they waited for their father.

 

At 7.45 a.m. their father came walking down the stairs, ready to work with briefcase in hand. "Ready to go to school kids?" he said as he puts on his shoes. Ji-Hyeon and Jungkook stood up and made their way out not forgetting their lunckboxes. The ride to school was not that silent as Jungkook kept on bothering his sister, poking her ribs and arm. Ji-hyeon couldn't help but to laugh at her brother's antics and joined along. She didn't know why but she was feeling a little bit excited for the school year.

 

"Here we are kids. Now lets go and get the formal stuff dealt with," their father said as he got out of the car. Both of them got out too, simultaenously attracting a few pairs of eyes towards them. Ji-Hyeon immediately looked down as she walked beside her brother to the staffroom. "Noona, why are you acting like this again? Smile please," Jungkook said as he wrapped his hands around Ji-Hyeon's torso. Ji-Hyeon plastered a fake smile on her face, but that was enough to make Jungkook pleased.

 

After all the formal things were dealt with, their father bid them goodbye and they head to the main hall for the assembly and entrance ceremony for the first years. The ceremony lasted for an hour and it was a miracle - or probably it was out of habit of a nerdy girl - that Ji-Hyeon didn't fall asleep. The bell rang notifying the students of their class and Ji-Hyeon made her way - a piece of paper in front of her glasses - looking for class 4-1.

 

"Ji-Hyeon?" she turned as she heard a familiar voice calling her from across the corridor. Her brown eyes widened to the sight of Yoongi and Jin waving at her with a huge smile on their faces. The other students were looking intently at the exchange of greetings, and Ji-Hyeon didn't notice that some made faces of disbelief. "I know it was her. I know that ponytail and hunched shoulders anywhere!" Yoongi said as he smacked Jin at his back. They closed the distance between them as Ji-Hyeon still looked at them wide eyed.

 

"What? Are you not pleased seeing us here?" Jin asked with a confused expression. Ji-Hyeon looked at them again, confirming that they are exactly her schoolmates. The blazer that they are wearing were a shade of navy with a red school badge embroided, embedding the school mascot, a lion. 'Confirmed, they are, now, also my schoolmates,' she thought in her head.

 

"Searching for your class young one?" Yoongi asked as he snatched the paper from Ji-Hyeon's hand after he noticed that she was struck silent. "You're in the same class as we are too!" he exclaimed in excitement.

 

"Speaking about class, we are late," Jin said simply, pulling Ji-Hyeon gently on the wrist to get her moving to class. She now was out of her trance and pulled away from the grip, aware of the glares some of the students are giving ut continued to follow them to the appointed class. Luckily, the teacher was not yet there but Ji-Hyeon stood still near the door. She patted Jin's shoulders in front of her "Um.. Where am I supposed to sit?" she asked in a very low voice, but she knew that Jin could hear her.

 

"There is an empty seat between me and Yoongi at the back. Come on!" he said, unconciously pulling her at the wrist again, attracting more glances and glares. Ji-Hyeon noticed that Yoongi was already at his seat. She put her bag aside as she took her designated place.

 

"Why did you enroll here Ji-Hyeon?" Yoongi asked without hesitation.

 

"Yeah Ji-Hyeon. I thought that you would enroll at the elite school there," Jin added pointing backwards, Ji-Hyeon deducted as the direction of the elite school he was talking about.

 

"Because I don't mix well with elites. And this school is closer to my house," she answered simply without looking at both of them. They just nodded as their response. The teacher came in just then and started the class as usual, not acknowleding the presence of Ji-Hyeon as the new student. She felt it was better that way. Better for her to be in the shadows that being noticed by everyone. Little did she know that rumours about her was spreading like the storm, and someone was not happy about it.