Chapter 7

Love Transfer

-Chapter 7-

 

Jimin stayed true to what he said. The walk home was indeed fun with those noisy boys. Even Jungkook who was younger than them join in their jokes. Their friendliness made even the socially awkward Ji-Hyeon comfortable. Her shoulders are not hunched up like before and she even smiled at the mostly lame jokes. She repositioned her glasses as she turned left, entering her front yard.

 

"Don't mind the lame jokes. Even I don't know where they get the ideas to them," Jin said as he patted Ji-Hyeon's shoulder. Ji-Hyeon looked back towards the dark haired, broad shouldered boy and smiled at him.

 

"You know what, I've never had friends like this. Any friends for that matter. This feels... refreshing to me," she said as she rang the doorbell, simultaneously made a mental note to duplicate the keys to the house later.

 

"Where's eomma. I'm hungry," Jungkook said as he clings to his sister's arm. Ji-Hyeon could do nothing but smile. The door opened moments later by their mother with a shocked plus pleased smile.

 

"Finally you're back. Owh who do we have here?" she asked a bit shocked by the appearance of six other boys on her front door.

 

"Annyeonghasayeo Ji-Hyeon eommoni. We are the neighbourhood boys. Your son met us at the basketball court just now. Sorry to keep them with us for a long time. We just had snack and played games that's all," Namjoon explained with a smile.

 

"Omo, Ji-Hyeon played games?" her mother asked in total shock, which led Ji-Hyeon's face to blush. "No eomma. I played games. Can we have dinner now? I'm hungry~" Jungkook whined. Their mother gave the way for them to go inside where Jungkook literally ran and even stumbled to take off his shoes.

 

"You boys come in too. Have dinner with us," Ji-Hyeon's mother invited as Ji-Hyeon walked in. "Thank you eommoni but we think we need to get going. Probably some other time," Namjoon answered politely. The six boys bowed and walked back to their respective houses.

 

"They are nice young men. Are they the same age as you Ji-Hyeon?" her mother asked as she closed the front door behind her and walked with her daughter to the kitchen where Jungkook and their father were waiting. "The one talking to you and three other boys are the of the same age. Two others are a year older," she answered simply as she sat down. The Jeon family started their meal, chit chatting about the day and Jungkook was busy telling their parents how friendly the boys were. "Even noona was having a good time!" he exclaimed with a mouthful of rice.

 

"Wow Ji-Hyeon. This is a progress. I've always thought that you just cooped up in your room," her father stated as a matter of fact-ly. Ji-Hyeon just rolled her eyes at her father's statement "If I didn't drag her out today, she probably will appa," Jungkook said as he finished his bowl of rice and stood up to add more to it. Ji-Hyeon finished at the same time as her brother but she already felt full "Thank you for the meal," she said as she stood up and head to the sink.

 

"I will be in my room tonight if you need me," she said as she made her way upstairs. Ji-Hyeon changed into a comfortable white t-shirt and sweatpants. She took one of her many novels and started reading them as she lay on her bed before her brother barged in and instantly took his place beside her.

 

"The hyungs are nice right noona? Too bad we'll be moving again. I hope we don't move anymore,"

 

"Didn't eomma tell you? This is our last move. Appa already got a permanent position at his company so we'll be staying here for good," she answered without looking away from the page she was reading. "Really noona!? Woohoo!" he exclaimed as he hugged Ji-Hyeon tight by her waist.

 

"Are you that happy?" she asked as she pinched his cheeks to which he just reacted by nodding. "Okay now get away. I need to focus," she added.

 

Jungkook pulled away from the hug. Usually when Ji-Hyeon said that he would pull his puppy face and continue hugging her. But not this time. He must be so happy that he literally skipped out of the door, probably to their parents downstairs who are watching TV.

 

She just smiled. Glad that there are no more moves from now on. Even Ji-Hyeon could feel the change in her. She felt at ease, and she could assure herself that she can have friends here - and she already did gain some. The thought made her smile. She could finally get out from her socially awkward state.