Chapter 12

Love Transfer

-Chapter 12-

 

Jin and Yoongi talked about random stuff as they made their way to the cafe's vending machine to get themselves coffee. "Let's get one for Ji-Hyeon too. She must be tired. I wonder how she could be so focused in every class. I was almost knocked out!" Yoongi said as he put in enough cash for another can of coffee.

 

"I know right? Her eyes never left the blackboard and her notebook. I was amazed," Jin responded as he took the can of coffee and gave it to Yoongi. As they turned around, Jin saw a familiar figure walking towards the school hallways in a hurry. He recognised her anywhere. Shoo. 'What is she still doing in school? Usually her shadow is gone by now' he thought to himself but decided to let the thought go.

 

They made their way to the four younger boys who were waiting for them at the gate. Jungkook the youngest joined not long after. "Hey Jungkook! How was your first day in your first year of highschool?" Taehyung asked as he messed up the youngest's hair. Jungkook just smiled. "Nothing interesting. Just lessons," he answered.

 

"Don't worry Jungkook. Soon you will have girls swarming around you," Hoseok said playfully. Jungkook lost his smile a bit but he knew deep inside that they were just playing around. They waited for Ji-Hyeon for five minutes but not even her shadow was seen. "Where is she? Jungkook do you know where she could be?" Namjoon asked, a bit worried. All of them know that Ji-Hyeon always was on time and she never broke her promise even after knowing her for just a short time.

 

At that question, Jungkook sped off back to the school's main building to look for Ji-Hyeon. At that moment Jin saw Shoo walking out of the school grounds. "Oh no. Notorious girl alert," Jimin said as he backed away a little. Jin ignored her, but she still winked at the boys, flipping her hair back, walking in an almost catwalk manner. Taehyung rolled his eyes and Hoseok made a vomiting noise. "Does she realise that almost all the school doesn't like her?" Namjoon asked. Yoongi just rolled his eyes "She's stuck in her own little world that devil."

 

"Look there's Ji-Hyeon! Finally!" Taehyung said as he pointed at the two Jeon siblings. He couldn't help but to jump up and down while waving as the siblings walked closer. Jin noticed something different in her posture. She slouched more, both of her hands are gripping her bag. He looked at the other boys as they gave him the same look, means that they know that something was not right.

 

"What took you so long Ji-Hyeon. We needed to send Jungkook to find you," Jimin asked as the Jeon siblings approached them.

 

"Nothing," was Ji-Hyeon's short answer. The boys shrugged it off but not Jin. He kept on looking at Ji-Hyeon's face, trying to read her out.

 

"Here, we got you some coffee just now," Yoongi said as he handed her a can of coffee. She reluctantly took it without looking at Yoongi in the eye. "Thank you," she responded.

 

"Come on! Let's go home. What game are we going to play today?" Hoseok asked as he lead the way, swinging his arms on Jimin's and Tauhyung's shoulder. "I hope that when you said 'home', it's not my house," Namjoon said sarcastically from behind the three boys as he walked beside Yoongi. Hoseok looked back and stuck out his tongue to Namjoon. "You should know better Namjoon," was his only response before he kept on skipping with Taehyung and Jimin. It was the boys' attempt to put a smile on Ji-Hyeon's face.

 

It seemed like it didn't work. Jin noticed that Ji-Hyeon kept the same stance during their walk and he felt uneasy. "Did something happen just now?" he finally asked, looking sideways towards Ji-Hyeon. Her answer unsatisfied him, but he caught Jungkook's look from her other side and he suppressed his further questions.

 

That day, the Jeon siblings refused to hang out with the boys. "Excuses. Which teacher gave homework on the first day of school?" Hoseok asked as he took his place on the leather sofa. "I'm sure you see how Ji-Hyeon acted just now. Jungkook must want to comfort his sister," Namjoon said as he switched on his MacBook. All of them sat in a round table meeting manner.

 

"I wonder what happened to her. She was so talkative during lunch," Taehyung asked to himself as he leaned his back towards the sofa. Jimin just let out a sigh, as he know he doesn't have the answer to that question. The rest was deep in thought.

 

"I'm sure Shoo have something to do with this. Not just Shoo but the rest of the students as well," Jin finally broke the 15 minutes silence. "And your proof is?" Hoseok asked.

 

"Well, I've never seen Shoo got out of the school that late. Usually just as the bell rings, she would directly walk to her posh car and sped off with her driver. But she walked by us just now right?" Jin explained his theory. "Plus, the other students kept on giving her glances. She must not be comfortable with that," he added.

 

"I accept your Shoo theory. But I don't think she could be bothered by the other student's glances. She looked just fine talking about it during lunch break," Yoongi responded from in front of Jin. The rest just nodded. "Hyung, text her and ask her. You're the closest to her among all of us," Taehyung exclaimed.

 

"Yeah hyung. She talked twice as much to you than they do to us," Jimin said "Just text her," he added.

"Let's just see tomorrow. Jungkook is there to comfort her. I don't think we should interfere just yet," Jin concluded. The rest of the boys nodded in agreement. "I don't have to mood to play any games anymore," Hoseok said while laying down on the couch, puting his legs on Jimin's lap. "Go home then. You guys are always here," Namjoon said playfully. He was not annoyed by them. Though he was rather blessed to have this set of friends since his parents are away most of the time.

 

"No. Your couch is better than the one at my house," Hoseok responded. The boys continued the day with their usual jokes.