Chapter 24

Love Transfer

-Chapter 24-

 

Half of the week passed without anything interesting. School to the boys felt long and absolutely draggy, normal to Ji-Hyeon of course, as the temperature drops in preparation to greet Christmas in two weeks. However, there was something the students are looking forward to this year. The school would be organising a Christmas ball on the day before Christmas Eve, just a reward for the hardwork the students did during the term.

 

Students everywhere are talking about who they would ask as a date to the ball and what to wear. Ji-Hyeon couldn't care less. She would rather be at home stuck with her novels anyways. However, there was a lingering thought in her head, debating whether or not Ilhoon will ask her to the Christmas ball.

 

It was Wednesday morning when Ji-Hyeon was stopped in the hallways by her homeroom teacher, Ms. Kim as she waved the boys towards their respective classes.

 

"Ji-Hyeon-ah. Can I request you something?" she started the conversation as she led Ji-Hyeon to her seat in the staffroom.

 

"If I can help you then I don't mind,"

 

"Alright. There is this one student who needs tutoring and he had specially requested you to be his tutor. And since you still are rather free, can you be his tutor? This wouldn't be done freely, as you should know," Ms. Kim explained the situation to Ji-Hyeon, who is currently baffled. 'Specially requested me?'

 

"Sorry to be asking Ms. Kim. Why did the student ask me to tutor him? How did he know about me?"

 

"Aparently he said that he did some research on you, I don't know how but everything goes with money. So, will you be tutoring?"

 

"I don't mind to tutor students Ms. Kim. Just tell me what I need to do," Ji-Hyeon accepted, to which Ms. Kim proceeded to talk to her about the tutoring deal. Ji-Hyeon took the papers Ms. Kim handed to her and bowed before made her way to class. It was a good thing that during the class that morning was mostly self studdy sessions. It seemed like even the teachers are in their holiday spirits already.

 

As usual, during the lunck hour, Ji-Hyeon took her place among the noisy boys as she munched on her sandwich. The boys are especially noisy today, debating whether or not to actually ask some girls to be their date for the Christmas ball or just turn up without any dates. The topic didn't interest Ji-Hyeon which is why she didn't intercept them even once.

 

"Yah Ji-Hyeon. Why did Ms. Kim asked to meet you this morning?" Yoongi asked out of the blue, as if he just remembered her presence.

 

"I was appointed to be a tutor. And I have a tutoring session today so I won't be going back with you guys," she said with a sigh.

 

The boys seemed uninterested in her answer therefore they went back to comtemplating about the Christmas ball. Jin on the other hand, kept glancing towards Ji-Hyeon. In between thinking about asking her to the Christmas ball, a new question appeared. Who would be the one she will be tutoring? 'Why must she be oblivious of me? Or is it me that doesn't show it?' he added to his thought.

 

*****

 

The last school bell ring and most of the students sprinted out of their classes. Ji-Hyeon on the other hand lazily picked up her jacket and bag. "See you guys tomorrow? I need to head to the library for the tutoring session," she said to Yoongi and Jin before making her way out.

 

Upon arriving at the library, she picked an empty table close to the main door so that the student she will be tutoring can notice her easily, took a seat and spread her notes and books on the table in preparation for the tutoring session. A pale hand knocked on the table in front of her, making her look up to a pair of dark brown eyes.

 

"Ilhoon? You're the one I'm supposed to tutor?" she whispered in disbelief. As far as she know, Ilhoon was not at the bottom of the rank eventhough he wasn't the one to be at the top either. It made her feel weird, and simultaneously giddy. What is his actual reason to ask her to be his tutor?

 

"Yes. Didn't Ms. Kim tell you?" he asked rhetorically as he took his seat directly in front of her, a smile never leaving his face. His smile was contagious, it made Ji-Hyeon's lips curved upwards as well.

 

"Alright then. Let's start. Do you have any questions from your previous lesson?" she kickstart the tutoring session as Ilhoon took out his textbooks and started explaining what he understood and what he didn't. The tutoring session that day spanned to almost two hours when it was only supposed to be an hour per session. Ji-Hyeon was patient in explaining all the hard terms and making sure Ilhoon did clearly understood her explanation before she proceeds to another sub-topic.

 

"You're a good tutor Ji-Hyeon. I understood everything much better now," Ilhoon said as he zipped his backpack and stood up. "Come, I'll drop you at your house," he added. Ji-Hyeon just smiled as she nooded and repositioned her glasses.

 

*****

 

"Ilhoon is the guy you're tutoring?" Namjoon asked in disbelief. His tone of voice almost made Hoseok spit his juice while the other boys at the table stared at her wide eyed.

 

"Yah, Hyeon-ah. He just want to spend time with you without any effort to ask you out and risk rejection," Yoongi said in his usual sleepy tone. Taehyung and Jimin nodded in sync while still chewing their lunch. "Honestly, if you ask me, that guy doesn't need any tutoring," Hoseok added. Ji-Hyeon didn't answer any of it. This made Jin's head spin. 'She's going to fall for that guy for sure.' He felt beaten, like he had already lost a battle before they even got into the battefield.

 

*****

 

Jin slumped his body on his bed that night after he changed into a t-shirt and sweatpants. He ruffled his black hair as he tossed and turned before pulling his duvet over him. So much for his plan to ask Ji-Hyeon ask to the Christmas ball. With Ilhoon meeting her three out of four days after school and there was almost no chance for him to talk alone with her, he cannot see a time to ask.

 

Suddenly, his phone beeped indicating that a text came in.

 

Hyung, they only met for like what, three- four times? I bet Ilhoon didn't ask Ji-Hyeon yet. If he did, Jungkook will be the one to tell us first.

 

The text he received from Namjoon eased his heart. But not fully. It means that he mut do it quick. Tomorrow is already Friday. He need to do it this week or he might lose his chance to even ask.