Chapter 20

Love Transfer

-Chapter 20-

 

Ji-Hyeon stood in front of her locker, nervous to actually open it. What if the letter was a prank? The sender played truth or dare and he or she was dared to put such letter in her locker just for fun? It has been three days since she received the first letter but she is still anticipating whether or not she'll get another one, and everyday the same questions ran through her head when she stood in front of her locker.

 

"Noona, you don't have superpowers you know. You can't bore a hole in your locker door to see whether or not there is a letter from the same sender," Jungkook's voice came from behind her which made her jump a bit. She turned around to see all of the Bangtan Boys are behind her, also anxious to see whether or not she receives another letter today. Ji-Hyeon rolled her eyes after realised their presence. So much of the privacy she wanted if the letter was present.

 

As soon as she opened her locker door, the red envelope was immediately seen as it fall with the other hate letters. Just as she got down to pick it up, somebody already snatched it. Sighing, she took the hate letters and toss them in the trash without reading. The letter was aparently in Taehyung's hand as he took it out from the red envelope and read aloud. " 'Ji-Hyeon, you're anticipating me right? I know you are. But it is not time for me to reveal myself yet. I sincerely like you though.' Smiley face. What the heck this guy?"

 

The letter was handed back to Ji-Hyeon as she put it back neatly in the envelope. A smile threaten to creep up her face as she thought that this might not be a prank after all. She just followed the boys to the cafe for their usual lunch hour. "You look happy," Jin said as he walked by Ji-Hyeon.

 

"Why? Jealous?" she said as she playfully waved the letter in front of his face. Jin seemed very uninterested therefore he just continued his way to their table. Ji-Hyeon was oblivious to that and made her way with them. As usual, they made lame jokes but Jin seemed off today. He sat at the farthest end of the table and avoid talking to Ji-Hyeon at all cost.

 

"Hey, what's wrong with Jin today?" she whispered to Namjoon at her side. He just shrugged his shoulder "PMS," he answered blankly. Ji-Hyeon was not surprised by that answer as she could never get a decent one if it involves their inner secret. Usually she would brush it off but not today. Something keeps bothering her about Jin's behaviour that day but she can't figure out why. 'Why am I even thinking about this?' she yelled in her head.

 

*****

Jin was not pleased. Another letter was dropped in Ji-Hyeon's locker today and it made him mad. Mostly at himself because he could not even say anything to Ji-Hyeon against it. And she looks so happy! 'Does girls really like this kind of stuff? The guy is a coward though, not showing himself and all,' he yelled in his head as he let out a deep sigh. He had lost track of what the boys were talking so he just kept on falling in this thoughts. No one seemed to mind him though.

 

*****

Ji-Hyeon was just putting her books in the locker as she noticed another red envelope. She quickly put it in her bag before the boys could snatch it from her again and made her way to the boys who were waiting at the gate. Since, again, they forced her in the dreaded long wind-breaker, they have to be patient as she can't walk as fast as usual. And knowing that, they tried hard to not say anything about it since they were the ones who came up with the idea.

 

The walk back home was mostly silent as the winter cold made them hard to even open their lips and talk. But Jin was giving off a different vibe and Ji-Hyeon didn't like it. He was silent the whole way and kept on walking at the back.

 

"Why are you so silent since lunch?" she whispered to him after she let Jungkook walked past her towards the front. Her breath fogged up her glasses, which is a burden during the winter. And the thick wind-breaker doesn't help her either. It made her hard to reach her own glasses to wipe the condensation, which made no difference to her now whether or not she's wearing glasses.

 

Suddenly a hand took her glasses away which made her stop in her tracks. "Jin? What are you doing with my glasses?" she asked. She knew it was Jin because they are the only ones at the back of the group. Then the hands carefully placed it back so that she could see again. Just as she blinked, Jin's face was directly in front of her which made her pull back a little. If the weather wasn't that cold, her cheeks would have flushed red.

 

Jin just smiled and walked away without answering her previous question. Just then Ji-Hyeon noticed that the others are waiting for them some 100 meters away, some of them have a mischevious smile on their face. Ji-Hyeon made her way to them immediately to beat the cold.

 

"Say Ji-Hyeon, can we have some of your hot chocolate? It's freezing today!" Taehyung asked out of the blue as he rubbed his hands together. Ji-Hyeon just nodded and smiled at the boys as they made their way past Namjoon's house to hers. Honestly she was going to ask them if they wanted hot chocolate but since Taehyung asked her first, it's a done deal.

 

Ather house, the boys slumped themselves on the sofa in the living room as Ji-Hyeon made her way directly to her room to change. The hot chocolate she made that day was a bit special with whipped cream and marshmallows on top, her favourite on cold winter days like that. Jin silently came into the kitchen and helped her to serve the hot chocolate like before, which made her more awkward in the silence.

 

"Uwa, Hyeon-ah! This looks so nice!" Jimin said as he dived from the sofa to sit on the floor, nearer to the coffee table. The rest of the boys inhaled the hot chocolate silently. For Ji-Hyeon, she couldn't wait till she can open the second letter she received. Jin on the other hand still can't contain his jealousy, sitting silently at the edge of the group, just looking at Ji-Hyeon's features. 'What is wrong with me?'

 

------------------------------------------------------------

Again my dear readers, I have to appologise if I made too meny errors in my spelling. I really don't re-read what I have written. Sorry..