Chapter 21

Love Transfer

-Chapter 21-

 

It was quite late when the boys finally made their way home and Ji-Hyeon finished all her homeworks along with tutoring the boys. She was at her study table in her room when she remembered about the second letter she received that day. Immediately, with an excited heart, she took out the letter from her bag and read it.

 

'I knew that the Bangtan Boys will get to the letter first before you do, so I wrote another one. Tomorrow is Friday right? Lets go out. I'll wait

for you after school at the school gate with some roses with me.'

 

That letter suddenly made her nervous. She was inexperienced with this kind of stuff. She was happy, at the same time she was having second thoughts. Eventhough the writer clearly wrote that he sincerely likes her, how does she know what's really in his heart? He never knew her for sure and just watched her from a distance. What did he like in her?

 

As Ji-Hyeon was lost in her thoughts, she didn't realise that Jungkook snuck into her room and read the letter from behind her. "What are you thinking noona?" he asked after a solid five minutes. Ji-Hyeon almost screamed at the top of her lungs if not because her brain immediately recognizes his voice. She playfully smacked Jungkook's arm making him retreat to her bed.

 

"I read the letter noona. What are you thinking so hard that you didn't hear me coming in?" he asked, his eyes fixed to Ji-Hyeon's as he leaned his head to one side, sincerely wanting to know his sister's answer. Ji-Hyeon let out a heavy sigh. This is the moment, to her, that she felt really grateful that she has someone to talk to about this things, even if it was her brother. She would trust the world to him, that's how close they are.

 

"I was thinking about the intention of this writer. He never actually knows me right? How can I know if he sincerely likes me. I didn't think I'd ever talk to someone as much as I do with the Bangtan Boys. No one other than them, and you, really know my real attitude right?" she trailed off.

 

"Unless he has been stalking you all the time," Jungkook intercepted. That gave Ji-Hyeon an immediate thought.

 

"Stalking me? How can I have a stalker?"

 

"You'll never know noona. Different people have different tastes. Probably this guy likes someone who doesn't look fake with ten inches of make up. You have to know that my noona is pretty," he said with a cheeky smile. This kid, really knows how to make her feel better.

 

"So, you're going to meet him tomorrow?" he further asked.

 

"Well I can't actually say no can I? I don't even know him. Guess we'll find out tomorrow who, and how he is," Ji-Hyeon answered. Jungkook walked out of her room 10 minutes later after he bid goodnight as Ji-Hyeon doze off into dreamland.

 

*****

Jin cannot sleep well that night. He kept thinking about the guy who gave Ji-Hyeon the letter. Questions after questions ran through his head. Who could he be? Why did he like her? Why did he sent her a letter instead of just confessing to her face to face? Was he really sincere? These questions was asked again and again, till the next morning, he got eyebags.

 

"Hyung! What happened to your eyes?" Taehyung asked as the boys gathered in front of Namjoon's house one by one. Jin just zipped up he thick jacket he's wearing to beat the cold, not bothering to answer the question.

 

"Ji-Hyeon and Jungkook should be here by now," Yoongi said as he looked at his watch and jumped a little trying to warm himself up.

 

"Yeah she should he quick. With that windbreaker she's wearing, all of us could be late," Jimin said.

 

"Except that she's not wearing it today," Hoseok said as he pointed his gaze down the road towards the Jeon siblings. Ji-Hyeon could be seen walking towards them with a thick duffle coat on instead of the windbreaker that they clearly asked her to wear - or literally forced it on her. Jin let out a sigh as the Jeon siblings joined the group.

 

"Didn't we clearly tell you to wear what we asked you to? You're not good at handling the cold Hyeon-ah," Jin nagged. "I know that. But I'm not a kid for you to always tell me what to wear," she answered as she rolled her eyes.

 

"Plus hyung, noona have a date today. The secret admirer asked her out," Jungkook let the cat out of the bag before he ran quickly towards school, away from Ji-Hyeon's arms which were ready to smack him. Ji-Hyeon quickly followed Jungkook's pace to avoid the eyes staring towards her and the questions they bombarded her with. Jin just look at her, feeling displeased. Ji-Hyeon clearly put a lot of thought in this. Well she didn't actually change the way she pull her hair up in a ponytail and her glasses are still worn, but the thought that she did ponder on what to wear for the meeting displeased him. 'I might not be able to even date her,' he thought as he let out a sigh.

 

Ji-Hyeon on the other hand was a bit too happy to notice her surroundings. All she was thinking was the day's lesson, being the official nerd girl, and the meet up after school. Will she immediately recognize him? Will they be able to click? Will she really fall for this boy too?

 

*****

Time seemed to pass slowly for both Jin and Ji-Hyeon, since both of them were anxious to know who was the one sending out the letters. As the final school bell rings, Ji-Hyeon immediately put on her duffle coat and packed her stuff.

 

"Ji-Hyeon, I know you're anxious to meet this guy. Do remember that we are too," Yoongi said as he slung his bag over his shoulder. Ji-Hyeon sighed. True. They would want to know who he is too. There might be no more secrets between her and the boys now. She need to made a line between what they should know and what they should not.

 

The eight of them made their way to the school compound and immediately, Ji-Hyeon spotted a guy with a small bouquet of roses in his hands. Just as their eyes met, his face lit up and he waved frantically towards Ji-Hyeon.

 

"Jung Ilhoon? He was the one sending you the letters?" Namjoon said in astonishment. "He's quite popular with the girls too you know," Jimin added. Ji-Hyeon was stunned. She couldn't believe her secret admirer was Ilhoon, and they''ll be out on a date!