Chapter 22

Love Transfer

-Chapter 22-

 

Ilhoon was waiting for Ji-Hyeon at the school gate with a bouquet of roses in his hands. All the other students was staring at him like he's an alien, wondering who he was waiting for. Ji-Hyeon could feel that the number of people in her haters club will increase. She let out a huge sigh as Ilhoon waved at him frantically. The other girls look at the direction he was waving and sure enough, their face showed a mask of disgust.

 

"Noona, he already seen you. You can't run away," Jungkook said from behind her, tapping lightly on her shoulder. True. And since she's also put a lot of effort on her attire, there's no harm done in going with the flow now right?

 

"We'll see you tomorrow the Ji-Hyeon," Namjoon said with a sigh as he and the rest of the boys walked past her and out of the school gate.

 

"I want to know the full details of your date," Jimin and Taehyung managed to whisper. Ji-Hyeon inhaled deeply and walked towards Ilhoon, pasting a smile on her lips.

 

"Hello," she said as she was close enough to him.

 

"Hello. I thought you were going to run away with the Bangtan Boys. I know. Who am I to be compared to them right?" He said with a bashful smile. "Ah, here," he said as he stretched out his hand, giving the bouquet to Ji-Hyeon. She timidly took it while at the same time repositioned her spectacles.

 

"I just thought that - er - there would be no harm in knowing someone new right?" she stuttered and forced a smile.

 

Ilhoon beamed at the comment. "Alright, since I'm the one who ask you out today, lets just go to the mall. Get something to eat first before we think of something to actually do. Probably an early dinner?" he said as he led the way to the nearest bus stop. It was not a long ride to the mall in town. This was the first time Ji-Hyeon was on a date like this, so she doesn't know how to act or what to say. She was thankful though that Ilhoon started most of the conversation, though there were still awkward silences.

 

"So, what are you thinking of eating?" he asked as they entered the mall. Ji-Hyeon looked at the number of restaurants located on the ground floor. Ji-Hyeon felt puzzled. She was always clear cut with her decisions but that day, she could not make any. 'What's wrong with you Ji-Hyeon!' she screamed in her head.

 

"I don't actually have an idea of what to eat. I think I'll just follow your lead today," she said timidly behind the yellow scarf that the boys gave her.

 

"Ah, i see. Then let's go to that cafe. It serves Italian food as well as good coffees and cakes!" Ilhoon said cheerfully as he lead the way, hands in his pockets, while Ji-Hyeon walked a step behind. They took a seat at the corner of the cafe and immediately the waitress came with menus in her hand.

 

"I don't know what's good here," she said honestly.

 

"Let me see. I'll recommend the aglio olio. You can eat seafood right?"

 

"Well I can. If you say that one then I'll get that then," she said, putting the menu down. She's feeling all nervous inside. Why? Even with a million books she might not find the answer. Ilhoon called the waitress after he made his decision and ordered two hot chocolates, an aglio olio and a spaghetti carbonara for himself. As soon as the waitress walked away, he looked at Ji-Hyeon with a smile.

 

"I've seen you with the Bangtan Boys. You're not this silent," he started the conversation.

 

"Well, I've known them for a while before school starts," was Ji-Hyeon's short answer.

 

"Why don't we just have a get-to-know session today?" he said and start bomdarding Ji-Hyeon with questions while at the same time he explained about himself as well. Ji-Hyeon's stiff shoulders started to loosen as they continued their conversation through their meal, and through desserts, which was Ji-Hyeon's favourite fresh cream strawberry cake.

 

"Wow you are really different when people get to know you," Ilhoon complimented with a smile. He propped his chin on the table while looking at Ji-Hyeon's eyes.

 

"Can I ask you something?" Ji-Hyeon said as she wiped the residue of the cream off her lips. "Why do you like me?" she asked after Ilhoon nodded.

 

"Hmm... When I first saw you in the hallways, I thought that you're just the typical nerd girl who stayed in the shadows. But when I knew that you're good friends with the Bangtan Boys, it made me curious of how you actually act. That's when I start looking towards you during school lunches. You do act differently," he answered, looking directly into her eyes as he did so.

 

Ji-Hyeon was taken aback. This was the first time anyone said this to her. A complete stranger at that. "I know it's hard to believe me. This is the first time that we actually meet. Take your time. I don't mind," he added. Ji-Hyeon looked at him in the eyes. Were there sincerity present? There could be. Ji-Hyeon could probably felt his sincerity. But as he said, it was hard for her to believe him just yet.

 

"It's already dark outside. Let me walk you home alright?" he said as he stood to pay the bills and lead the way out. Ji-Hyeon almost didn't notice it but they had spent almost three and a half hours in the cafe. True to his words, Ilhoon did walk Ji-Hyeon to her house. He didn't stop talking once, probably already getting comfortable to Ji-Hyeon's presence. As for Ji-Hyeon, these things that were happening was still awkward for her. It was all a new experience.

 

"Well, this is my house," she said as they arrived at her front door. "It was a nice day out with you today Ilhoon," she added to make the atmosphere less awkward.

 

"My pleasure. Thank you for goint out with me. I'll text you when I get back okay? You just go on in," he said. He waited until Ji-Hyeon closed the door before left to his own house. Just as she put her bags on ther chair in her room, Jungkook barged in.

 

"Noona! How was the date?" he immediately asked after threw himself on the bed.

 

"We just sat in a cafe for three and a half hours,"

 

"What? You guys did nothing else?"

 

"Nope. It was, to me, like a get to know session. He might saw that I'm kind of reluctant and awkward," she answered.

 

"Wow. That was worth the wait. Goodninght noona!" he said as he walked out the door.

 

"Well I didn't ask you to wait for me!" she yelled from the closed bedroom door.