Chapter 11

Love Transfer

-Chapter 11-

 

School passed that day without anything interesting. Well, to the boys basically, since studying was the thing that Ji-Hyeon put her utmost interest in. The bell rang signalling that school period is over and the students in class 4-1 rushed to pack all their stuff. Some didn't even close their bag properly when walking - or rather sprinting - out of the classroom.

 

"Are you walking home Ji-Hyeon?" Jin asked as he stood up. Ji-Hyeon looked up from the paper she was scribbling on. It was her list of homeworks and reading that she planned for the week.

 

"Yeah you can walk home with us Ji-Hyeon. We are heading the same way anyways," Yoongi said as he took his place beside Jin, his bag slung over his right shoulder.

 

"Yes I'm walking back home but I need to stop at my locker first. I need to put away some books," she answered as she packed her things - putting all her pens in the case and stuffing all the books in her bag. She stood up and slung her bag over her shoulders, repositioning her glasses which went askew. "Meet you guys at the gate?" she added. Her left hand was stacked with no less than five books that she want to put away.

 

"Alright Ji-Hyeon. Meet you there. Hey Yoongi, wanna stop by at the cafe to get a coffee from the vending machine?" Jin's voice trailed off as the two boys leisurely walked out. Ji-Hyeon walked behind them, walking to the opposite direction towards her locker. After putting the combination to her locker, she stacked her books carefully.

 

BAMM! The locker door suddenly closed forcefully in front of her. 'Thank God my hand wasn't there.' she thought. She trailed the arm to it's owner who is currently at her side. She recognised the face as Shoo, or Miss oh-so-fabulous Shoo as Jin pointed out with a sarcastic remark. Her shoulders automatically hunced even more as she saw her murderous glare.

 

"So, you're the new geek girl everyone has been talking about. Hmm.. Let me see. Unstyled and unkempt hair," she said as she circled around her, messing the top of her hair and yanking on her ponytail - to which Ji-Hyeon almost lost her balance. "Glasses that could devour your whole face. I wonder how you could get close to the Bangtan Boys in the first place. This is such a mystery," she added, stopping right in front of Ji-Hyeon with her index finger on her chin. Ji-Hyeon was struck silent. This is the main reason she didn't want to socialise with anyone. A girl like her was better left in the shadow of the school.

 

"I'm warning you. Stay away from our Bangtan Boys. I don't want your sense of style got infected on them," she smirked as she walked away. Ji-Hyeon was in trance. Though she was used to this kind of harsh treatment, this was the first time she got such warning. 'Our Bangtan Boys?' she shouted in her head. This proves her theory. They are the popular pack of the school. And now she's stuck in between the school drama that she avoided all her life.

 

"Noona!" Jungkook said as he hugged her from behind. "I was searching for you. Let's walk back home. What's wrong with you?" he asked, his beaming smiley face turned into a mask of worry looking at his sister's condition. Ji-Hyeon snapped out of her thought and looked at Jungkook. "Nothing. I was just thinking to myself. Come on. We're walking back with the boys. They must be waiting," she said in a slow voice, covering her shaky state. She need to settle this by herself as the boys didn't even tell her that they are the ones who ruled the school's popularity.

 

Her head was spinning with ways that she could avoid the boys. Not today atleast as she promised to walk back home with them. Jungkook just walked leisurely by her side, his hands in his front pockets. From afar they could see the six boys waiting for them "There are the hyungs. Come on noona!" Jungkook said as he pulled her sister towards the group. They saw them and waved, Taehyung added jumps to his wave.

 

"What took you so long Ji-Hyeon. We needed to send Jungkook to find you," Jimin asked as the Jeon siblings approached them.

 

"Nothing," was Ji-Hyeon's short answer. The boys shrugged it off but not Jin. He kept on looking at Ji-Hyeon's face, trying to read her out.

 

"Here, we got you some coffee just now," Yoongi said as he handed her a can of coffee. She reluctantly took it without looking at Yoongi in the eye. "Thank you," she responded.

 

"Come on! Let's go home. What game are we going to play today?" Hoseok asked as he lead the way, swinging his arms on Jimin's and Tauhyung's shoulder. "I hope that when you said 'home', it's not my house," Namjoon said sarcastically from behind the three boys as he walked beside Yoongi. Hoseok looked back and stuck out his tongue to Namjoon. "You should know better Namjoon," was his only response before he kept on skipping with Taehyung and Jimin.

 

Ji-Hyeon walked silently with Jungkook and Jin beside her. Both of them seemed to sense that something was off with Ji-Hyeon. She was not as talkative as she was during lunch. But Jungkook knew better to not ask his sister. Not yet.

 

"Did something happen just now?" Jin asked in his usual awkward tone after they had walked for 10 minutes. Ji-Hyeon knew that he must have thought long and hard whether or not to ask her. "Nothing. I was lost in my own thoughts just now," she answered in a low voice. Jungkook gave him a look from the side, notifying that no more questions are to be asked. Jin just shrugged his shoulders and looked back to the road in front of them.

 

After a solid 15 minutes walk, they arrived in front of Namjoon's house. "Come on maknae. Let's play some games with us," Jimin yelled before entering Namjoon's house. "Come on. Hang out with us Ji-Hyeon," Namjoon invited. She just shook her head. "I have some work to do. See you guys tomorrow," she said with a half smile and continued to her house. Jungkook followed suit and grabbed Ji-Hyeon's arm before matching her pace. "Don't you want to stay with them?" she asked her little brother.

 

"What? Can't I be with my noona? I want to keep you company," he said with a smile. Ji-Hyeon couldn't help but to smile too. As they say, smiles are contagious.