Chapter 5

Love Transfer

Another blistering summer day in Seoul. The six boys now crowd themselves in Namjoon's living room. His house had been dubbed as their headquartes - not that Namjoon and his family mind as he was also seen as the leader of the group.

 

"What should we do today? I don't want to lay around all day like yesterday," Jimin who was sprawled on the sofa broke the silence. His eyes were staring blankly towards the ceiling while Taehyung mumbled incoherently to himself. "I think Tae here is betting crazier by the minute," he added looking towards his friends. Jin was in the kitchen cutting the watermelon for them.

 

"Let's go out and play! It's not that hot today so we could play basketball, uwaa watermelons!" said Hoseok as he took a piece before Jin could even put it on the table. The six boys literally attacked the watermelons, leaving Hoseok's utterance unanswered. In a mere 10 minutes, the watermelons were devoured by them.

 

"Nice hyung. Thank you for the watermelons," Namjoon said as he leaned his back towards the leather sofa. Everyone looks satisfied with their snack. "So what were we talking about just now?" he added.

 

"Basketball," Hoseok pointed out his suggestion again. "Anyone up for it? It's already past noon"

 

"Sure. I bet I could beat you all to the court!" said Yoongi with a smile as he got up and sprinted towards the court. The rest got up a tad late and ran after him, Jin with the ball in his hands.

 

As usual, they decide the teams with rock paper scissors. Hoseok, Namjoon and Jin in one team and Taehyung, Jimin and Yoongi in the other. "Why must I got teamed up with Namjoon and Jin hyung? Why~" Hoseok whined as they got to their places and getting ready to play. "Who told you to lose the chance to choose teams?" Yoongi playfully mocked at Hoseok.

 

"Ah hyung!!" Hoseok further whined. "What's wrong with us in your team? Seriously Hoseok you have issues." Jin stated as he lightly smacked Hoseok's shoulder.

 

"I wouldn't be having issues  if you're actually good in basketball hyung," he said. The game starts and Hoseok with his competitive spirit owns the ball. But as soon as Namjoon gets it, he knows that his team would lose. Just as he suspected, his team was losing 5 to 1 in a mere 10 minutes. "Hyung! Namjoon! Play properly!" he shouted at them from across the court. Yoongi's team on the other hand are leisurely passing the ball to each other and scoring points after points.

 

Two hours has passed and the group didn't notice what happened around them. "Excuse me, can I play with you guys?" an excited voice asked from outside the court.

 

Jin looked and saw a boy he had never seen before with a girl. The group stopped playing for a while and all turned their heads towards the newcomers. "Sure! But I don't think you can join us today though. We're already tired. Are you guys new here?" Jin asked as he walked towards the boy. Jungkook, being the sociable boy he is, bowed and introduced himself.

 

"Yes, we just moved in the house down the road. I'm Jungkook and this is my noona, Ji-Hyeon"

 

Ji-Hyeon just bowed and bit her lips. Being the nerd that she is, it was awkward for her to meet new people. That is the main reason why she didn't want to follow Jungkook out. But she didn't have a choice.

 

"Nice to meet you guys! I'm Namjoon, this is Jin hyung, Taehyung, Jimin, Yoongi hyung and Hoseok. If you don;t mind me asking, how old are you?" Namjoon asked acting as the leader of the group of boys.

 

"I'm in my first year of highschool. My noona is in her senior year," he asnwered.

 

"Looks like we are all hyungs to you then! And you're the same age as us are you Ji-Hyeon?" Jin asked with a smile on his face. "I- err-" Ji-Hyeon tried to answer the question without being awkward "She skipped a year in the past. So she's actually a year younger, hyung," Jungkook answered for his sister.