Chapter 25

Love Transfer

-Chapter 25-

 

Friday came and Jin felt restless. There's only one week left till the Christmas ball next Sunday therefore he needed to act now to ask Ji-Hyeon as his date. He didn't tell the boys though but thwy could sense him being restless.

 

"Hyung, just go to her and ask her. There's no need for something fancy yoi know," Jimin said as he slung his arm over Jin's shoulders. As usual, they are waiting for the Jeon siblings in front of Namjoon's house before embarking on their way to school. Jimin's word didn't put him at ease though as he saw her silhouette from afar, walking alongside her brother.

 

"Hyung, fighting!" Hoseok said echoed by the others as they cheerfully greeted the Jeon siblings as if nothing happened, making Jungkook beamed in happiness and ran towards them, leaving Ji-Hyeon walking a few paces back. The boys slowly made their way to school, leaving Jin to wait for Ji-Hyeon. This situation happened almost every morning, but today is different for Jin.

 

"You're so silent today Jin. Is something bothering you?" Ji-Hyeon asked after 5 minutes. She recalled that she had already asked Jin the same question numerous times the past few weeks but she never got a satisfying answer. Jin was being different. But she couldn't pin point why.

 

To that question, Jin just smiled and shook his head slightly. Not wanting to show Ji-Hyeon what is happening inside his head right now. But he knew that Ji-Hyeon could sense something different. Whenever they walked together, they always talked about wandom stuff. This journey to scholl right now is just too silent for both of them. He didn't know where to start. What should he say?

 

Before he knew it, they're already entering the school compound and each of them made their way to their respective classes. The boys manage to shot Jin a glare stating that he had missed his chance, and to that Jin just let out a heavy sigh. 'That's it, I've lost my chance today.'

 

*****

 

That day Ji-Hyeon still have a tutoring session with Ilhoon therefore she just waved them goodbye before making her way to the library and took her usual seat.

 

"Ilhoon is late. That's odd. He never was late before," she said t herself as he looked at the clock on her phone, at the same time contemplating whether or not to text him. She waited for 15 minutes before she noticed a familiar figure entering the library. Her lips immediately curved into a smile and Ilhoon did the same.

 

"Sorry for keeping you waiting. I didn't mean to but my teacher was holding the class back," he explained, seemed to be a bit out of breath. Did he ran here? Ji-Hyeon nudged the thought away and started the session when Ilhoon was ready. Though it seemed like Ilhoon was a bit distracted that day. He kept on looking at the text he received and numerous times replying it too quick.

 

"Ilhoon, if you have something to do today, we can cut this session short," Ji-Hyeon said after 30 minutes in. Ilhoon shot his head up to look at Ji-Hyeon from the latest text he received.

 

"Ah, this? It's nothing," he said restlessly before putting his phone aside. He didn't look good for Ji-Hyeon to continue so she just closed her textbook.

 

"Let's just call it a day okay? I can't continue with your attention elsewhere," she said as she packed her things.

 

"Hyeon-ah," Ilhoon called, Ji-Hyeon turned to face him, "Have anyone asked you to the Christmas ball yet?" he added, his eyes didn't manage to look at hers.

 

"No, why?" Ji-Hyeon answered, her heartbeat felt like it wanted to stop. Is this what the other girls are feeling when they're about to get asked for a date?

 

"I can ask you to go with me then!" he said, his face beamed with a smile as his eyes locked with Ji-Hyeon's.

 

"I've never been to a school ball before though, Ilhoon. It's awkward for me to go,"

 

"Don't worry, I'll be there. I'll text you when I'll pick you up for the ball okay?" he said as he slung his bag over his shoulders and walked away, leaving Ji-Hyeon stunned at her place. Seemed like Ilhoon is not the guy to accept no as an answer.

 

Ilhoon asked me to the Christmas ball.  She texted in the group's kakaotalk. Immediately the notifications flooded in as she made her way back.

What!!!??
 

I need the details!!!

 

Stop by at Namjoon's house. All of us are there.

 

Immediately Ji-Hyeon regretted her decision to tell the boys in the group. Now she has to tell them everything. "They're just like girls these boys," she said to herself.

 

*****

 

Jin was stunned after he read the kakaotalk message as he slumped more on Namjoon's couch. He really did miss his chance.

 

"Hyung we gave you the chance this morning and you blew it," Hoseok said while his eyes still fixed on the game he was playing with Taehyung.

 

"I know. You don't need to rub it on my face Hoseok-ah!" Jin snapped. And to that remark the other boys didn't bother him again and let him to his thoughts. Just then the doorbell rang as Ji-Hyeon arrived to Namjoon's house as asked. Jimin was eager to hear Ji-Hyeon's story therefore he literally sprinted to the door to open it.

 

During her presence, Jin didn't even bother to listen as he pretended to be asleep on the couch as the other boys were pestering her for the story.

 

"Wow he didn't seem like he was that kind of guy. He must really like you!" Namjoon made his remark.

 

"But noona, do you have anything to wear for the ball though?" Jungkook asked out of the blue."It's just that you've never been to any of the school events. At all" he added.

 

"That you don't have to worry. We have our fashionista Namjoon here to help! And since we will also be shopping for our outfits tomorrow, you can tag along Hyeon-ah!" Taehyung said as he applauded himself.

 

"I have no complaints to that. We'll be out by 10 tomorrow," Namjoon said.

 

Jin on the other hand was too deep in his thought. His frustration. How he wished he was the one to be her date. 'Should I show her how I feel so that she will not be oblivious of it?' he asked himself over and over again.

 

*****

 

Sorry guys... I don't know how to end this chapter.. Writer's block.. So sorry if it sounded awkward...