Chapter 27

Love Transfer

-Chapter 27-

 

The week pass by too fast for any of them to notice, not that there was anything interesting that picks their interest. Ji-Hyeon continued the week as usual with the addition of her tutoring session with Ilhoon. Though they knew that the Christmass ball is that Friday night, they didn't divert their attention during the tutoring session.

 

"So Ji-Hyeon, I'll pick you up at 7 p.m. tonight okay?" Ilhoon said as he picked up his bag and slung it over his shoulder before he leaned towards the table, waiting intently for Ji-Hyeon.

 

"Tonight?" Ji-Hyeon asked before a thought hit her. "Ah, the ball is tonight. I completely forgot about that," she added, making Ilhoon frowned in response.

 

"And here I thought that you're looking forward to it and was counting the days. Guess not," he said before returning the smile to his face when he saw Ji-Hyeon's pouty lips. "Alright, alright. I know that you're too focused on the lesson," he added before walking with Ji-Hyeon side by side till her front door.

 

"I'll come at 7 p.m. sharp okay?" he said as he let Ji-Hyeon entered her house, his eyes seemed reluctant to let the figure left his sight.

 

"Is there something that you need to tell me?" Ji-Hyeon asked, sensing Ilhoon's reluctance.

 

"Nothing. See you tonight!" he said as he turned and walked away with a smile pasted on his lips before Ji-Hyeon made her way to her room.

 

"Noona! I'll be going to the ball with the hyungs tonight since Ilhoon hyung will be picking you up," Jungkook said with his garment bag containing his suit in hand, ready to made his way to Namjoon's house.

 

"Already?" she asked as Jungkook made his bunny face in front of her bedroom door.

 

"Meet you at the ball tonight noona!" he said as he ran out.

 

"Talking about the ball, you need to go and get ready Ji-Hyeon," she heard her mother said from downstairs, snapping her out of her thoughts. After taking a glance towards the clock, she quickly washed up, dried her hair and get ready to get her hair and make up done by none other than her trusty mother. Since this is the first time ever that she's pampered in such way, she felt awkward to the point that her mother needed to lightly smack her behind her head to make her sit still.

 

"Alright. Now wear the contact lenses and the dress. I want to see how you look."

 

Ji-Hyeon did as she was told. Her eyes irritated a bit when she put the contact lenses in place but it felt better to her after a while. After she put on the dress, her mother stood in front of her, mouth opened wide in awe. Ji-Hyeon swore her mother's eyes teared up a bit before both of them were shocked by the doorbell. "And your date is here," she said as she literally sprinted downstairs to get the door.

 

Ji-Hyeon on the other hand took out a knee length, fleece lined jacket and made her way down. In front of the door stood Ilhoon, clad in white from head to toe with a hint of red from his tie. He went wide eyed when Ji-Hyeon showed up, immediately Ji-Hyeon's mother's questions went unnoticed.

 

"Wow Ji-Hyeon. You look nice," he said, but something was off in his tone, but went unnoticed. Ji-Hyeon's mother just waved the two high schoolers goodbye and wished them a good evening before closing the door behind them. It was a rather silent ride to the event that night considering that the one chauffering them was Ilhoon's older brother.

 

------------------------

 

I think I'll stop here for now.. I got writer's block all of a sudden.. Sorry for making it sounding soo awkward.. I really am!!! T_T