Chapter 28

Love Transfer

-Chapter 28-

 

The car pulled in front of the hotel where the ball was held. Ilhoon, being the gentleman he was always dubbed as, literally ran to open the door for Ji-Hyeon before he bid his brother goodbye. Ji-Hyeon clutched her jacket to beat the cold while both of them were walking hand in hand to the ballroom.

 

"Wait a moment," Ji-Hyeon said as she slightly pulled Ilhoon to an abrupt stop right in frnt of the ballroom's door. "I'm just nervous. I've never been to this kind of things, just, give me a second," he added.

 

"Ji-Hyeon-ah, whatever happens tonight, can you please forgive me?" Ilhoon whispered and pasted a smile towards Ji-Hyeon. That didn't help her as she was utterly confused before Ilhoon led the way into the ballroom. As the door opened, all eyes were on them. Most of them were fixed on Ji-Hyeon from head to toe.

 

*****

 

The Bangtan Boys at the moment were idly standing near the punch table which was situated near the door, sharing their usual jokes and avoiding the gaze of most of the girls that night. They were not acting like the girls are not good enough for them, but they know that most of the girls in their school just wanted to befriend them for their reputation.

 

Jin's gaze was the first one averted to the door when it opened. He was silently waiting for Ji-Hyeon, and also silently waiting for Ji-Hyeon to not enter with Ilhoon. He let out a huge sigh as a familiar figure made her way into the ballroom, arm linked with Ilhoon's. His gaze was fixed towards her. Her wavy dark hair was slightly styled but was let hanging down slightly above her waist. She put on little make-up but it was enough to make her face glow. And that was the first time he saw her in heels.

 

"Hyung, close your mouth. Seriously," Jimin managed to say after he snapped out of his gaze and patted Jin on the shoulder.

 

"If I know Hyeon could be this beautiful, I would be the first one to ask her out," Hoseok said as he crossed his arms, earning a light punch on his ribs by Jin. "I was just joking hyung!" he added.

 

"Uh-oh. I sense trouble," Namjoon said as he signalled the boys towards the newly entered couple.

 

*****

 

Ji-Hyeon was startled when she saw Shoo made her way towards them, clapping her hands in the most sarcastic manner possible, with the usual smirk on her face. She eyed Ji-Hyeon from top to toe as she circled them. To Ji-Hyeon's surprise, Ilhoon was loosening her grip on his arm.

 

"Good job Ilhoon. You win the bet," Shoo said as he shoved an envelope Ji-Hyeon assumed was filled with money in his hand. Ji-Hyeon was stunned. The situation made her walk a few steps backwards as Ilhoon shot her an apologetic look. Her heart sunk. 'All of this, was just a game?' she screamed in her head, a tear threatened to fall from the corner of her eyes.

 

"Why Ji-Hyeon? You think Ilhoon would really fall for a nerd like you? Sorry. He has his reputation to manage," Shoo said as she slowly made her way towards Ji-Hyeon before she was stopped by Ilhoon who was pulling her arm. At the same time, Jin managed to make his way through the gathering crowd towards Ji-Hyeon.

 

"Stop it Shoo. You can keep your money-" Ilhoon managed to say before a punch landed on his face, making him fall backwards. "I guess I deserved that Jin sunbae. Thank you for knocking some sense in me," he said as he wiped his lips of blood before throwing the envelope to Shoo's feet. "Ji-Hyeon, I really am sorry. Can you please hear me out?" he added as he walked closer to Ji-Hyeon.

 

Ji-Hyeon's face was a mask of disbelief. At that moment a tear had escaped her eyes. She didn't manage to gather what was happening aroung her. In her head she kept replaying the scene when Shoo gave Ilhoon the envelope full of money. Even Ilhoon's apology didn't register in her head. In her daze, she felt herself being pulled in an embrace by someone, her face burried in his chest. Her limbs failed her and she didn't manage to look up to see who he was. She was even angry with herself because now, in that embrace, her tears fall like stream and she can't stop it.

 

*****

 

Jin was furious. His eyes was red with anger which made him strike a punch. Even the other boys was shocked to see the calm Jin actually punch someone. Their eyes glared towards Shoo and Ilhoon. Shoo was being her cocky self, stood there with her arms crossed, averting her gaze towards the envelope thrown back to her feet.

 

"Ji-Hyeon, I really am sorry. Can you please hear me out?" Ilhoon said as he tried to close his distance to Ji-Hyeon before was stopped by Jungkook. Jin on the other hand pulled the dazed Ji-Hyeon towards him, trying to calm her down in his embrace.

 

"Hyung, leave my noona alone. Please," Jungkook said while gritting his teeth, ignoring the protest made by Ilhoon. The other boys signalled Jin to take Ji-Hyeon out, take her away from the situation to calm her down. Jin looked down towards Ji-Hyeon and noticed just now that she was sobbing. His anger was subsided by her sobs as he ushered her out of the hall to avoid the eyes of the whole student body and out the hotel compound.

 

Jin was unsure of where to take the sobbing Ji-Hyeon before he noticed a nearby playground and he continued his steps towards it and sat Ji-Hyeon down on one of the benches before he took a seat beside her and handed her a handkerchief. He just sat and watch as Ji-Hyeon wiped her tears and leaned back, letting her head fall back and the moonlight to lit her face.

 

"What did I do to myself?" she monologued, ignoring the fact that Jin was still there.

 

"You didn't do anything. It was not you fault and don't blame yourself," Jin answered making Ji-Hyeon snapped her head towards him, just realised there and then that it was Jin who pulled her in an embrace.

 

"Jin! I thougt it was Jungkook! I- I'm sorry. Your shirt," Ji-Hyeon lost her trail of words as she tried to apologise for sobbing on his shirt. There will probably stains from her make-up.

 

"Hyeon-ah, don't worry. It's just a shirt," he answered her before talking on an on about other topics to get Ji-Hyeon's mind out of the situation that happened just now. After 15 minutes, Ji-Hyeon started smiling again before she herself made jokes and laugh. Jin just smiled, admiring Ji-Hyeon's features and acts.

 

"I made a mess out of myself tonight right?" Ji-Hyeon suddenly asked as she looked blankly in front of her, tugging her jacket to keep her warm.

 

Jin looked intently towards her, trying to understand her thoughts. He then held out his hand, turning Ji-Hyeon's face towards him before he placed a kiss on her lips. It was the longest 10 seconds for Ji-Hyeon before Jin pulled away, her face a mask of shock that mimicked Jin's.

 

"I- er- I'll drop you home. I'll call the cab," he said as he stood and took out his phone to call the cab some 2 metres away from her, leaving her in a daze.