Chapter 18

Love Transfer

-Chapter 18-

 

Time flew fast since the incident. Safe to say, there were no more drama involving Ji-Hyeon and Shoo. However, threat letters are filling Ji-Hyeon's locker everyday with words like 'Stay away from Bangtan Sunbae!' or 'I will do bad things if you are still friends with them.' And as usual, Ji-Hyeon just put the letters in their usual place, the trash. All eyes are on her now, glares and smirks, which Ji-Hyeon brushed off after two or three weeks. She just gave a cold shoulder to everyone as she hopes that they will get tired and focus on themselves instead of her.

 

It was the early December morning. Ji-Hyeon was the only one wearing a calf length wind-breaker while the other boys are wearing regular wind-breakers or just thick winter jackets over their school uniforms. Half of Ji-Hyeon's face was covered by a thick yellow scarf making her large glasses slightly protrude. "Guys do I really need to wear like this? It's hard for me to even walk," she said loudly so that the other seven boys could hear her through the scarf.

 

"It is freezing out and you're wearing a skirt. This is absolutely needed," Jin answered without looking at her, instead just took the lead as they turned to enter the school compound. Yes, thanks to Jin, Ji-Hyeon almost waddled like a penguin to school. Jungkook almost didn't bother how thick she wears actually, but the other six boys have other opinions. The thick scarf was Jimin's and the windbreaker was Taehyung younger sister's. Since the windbreaker was a bit too thick, Ji-Hyeon couldn't sling her bag behind her hack as usual, therefore Yoongi became her honorable bag carrier.

 

"Come on Hyeon-ah. At least you're warm!" Namjoon said as he swung his arm across her shoulder before giving her a wink and walked past her to his class. "See you at lunch as usual!" Hoseok said as he ran to catch up to Namjoon before Jimin and Taehyung followed suit, managed to wave back towards Ji-Hyeon as they're doing so. She was relieved when she arrived at her class so that she can take off the thick windbreaker and hung it at the back of her seat. At least the classroom was warm.

 

"Here's your bag. What did you carry in there? Bricks? I thought my arm is going to fall off," Yoongi asked as he passed her bag. Ji-Hyeon just rolled her eyes as she took it from him and took her seat. Eventhough the heater in the class was on, the cold wind still managed to sneak in making Ji-Hyeon shiver. This was caught by Jin's eyes. "See, wasn't it a good idea to wear that thick? You're not good in colds and I noticed that," he said. Ji-Hyeon just scoffed at him and said thank you sarcastically.

 

Nothing interesting happened during the morning part of the lesson. As usual, when the lunch bell rang, the students literally ran towards the cafe. And it became a usual sight for Ji-Hyeon too, seeing Shoo in front of the classroom door just when she's about to go to the cafe with Yoongi. "Escape safely," she whispered sarcastically towards Jin everytime when she heard "Jin sunbae!" as Shoo ran towards Jin with her cute-sy face. However nowadays, she seem to be a bit excessive in her actions, trying to show to Ji-Hyeon that no one can have Jin other than her, of which Ji-Hyeon couldn't care less.

 

"You go ahead Yoongi. I need to stop by my locker to put this book. Meet you at the cafe," she said as she turned to the corridoor towards her locker. Yoongi didn't even gave a reply as he walked directly to the cafe. Just as she opened her locker door, the letters fall down like the autumn leaves to her feet. Some of the students who witnessed the sight stiffled a laugh as Ji-Hyeon picked up the letters one by one, ready to throw them in the trash. But one caught her attention. She got a letter in a red envelope, neatly folded compared to the others - just a bunch of words scrawled on a scrunched piece of paper.

 

Ji-Hyeon threw the other papers into the trash and made her way to the cafe where the other boys - except Jin - was waiting. She silently sat in between Namjoon and Jungkook as she took out her sandwich. As she was going to read the letter, a hand snatched it from her. " 'To, Ji-Hyeon. I noticed you since you first came to this school. I think I like you.' Uwa! Cheesy letter!" Jimin was reading it to the group as the others are attentively listening.

 

"Yah Jimin, you're invading people's privacy!" Ji-Hyeon slightly yelled at Jimin while snatching back the letter and put it neatly back in the envelope. At the same time, the letter was snatched again, this time by Jin who just arrived at the table. He instantly took out the letter and read it in a mumbling tone. "This is a trap. Probably Shoo again trying to get to you," he said as he stared at Ji-Hyeon.

 

"Hyung, I know you like our Hyeon and all. But that is a heavy accusation," Taehyung said as he took a sip of his banana milk.

 

"Wow. I never imagined Tae could have 'accusation' in his vocabulary," Hoseok said "This is a good improvement since Ji-Hyeon came," he added. The rest just clapped their hands while Jungook was too engrossed in his strawberry yoghurt.

 

"I never said that!" Jin snapped as he took a seat beside Namjoon while he tossed back the letter towards Ji-Hyeon. "I'm just... saying the possibilities," he added as he took a bite of his lunch.

 

"And you said that while you're blushing. Way to cover it hyung," Namjoon said accompanied by laughter from the others. Ji-yeon just brushed it off as she finished her lunch. She knew that if she joins in the conversation, they will get worse and she will never finish her food. Jungkook just looked towards his sister and shrugged his shoulder. The conversation now changed to what will they do during the Christmas break which will start in three weeks.

 

Ji-Hyeon ate her lunch silently, deep in thought. 'Will I have a date for christmas this year?' sh thought to herself. Not that it is important to her. But, well, it's every girls' dream to have a date on Christmas.