Chapter 23

Love Transfer

-Chapter 23-

 

"Hyung, you're gonna lose her!" Hoseok slightly yelled from the living room of Namjoon's house as he tried to make himself heard over the volume of the TV.

 

It was Saturday, and Jin wasn't feeling any better compared to yesterday. He stayed up all night, wishing that Ji-Hyeon wouldn't fall for Ilhoon. Not that Ilhoon was a bad guy, he was also far from being a playboy though he was quite popular with the girls in that school. He was being selfish really, wishing that Ji-Hyeon would just notice him and no one else. He had never felt this way over any other girls and thought that he himself is being weird.

 

"Right hyung! You need to do something!" this time Namjoon's voice was heard from the kitchen where Jin tried so hard to avoid the boys by making himself busy preparing their snacks, which was just the spicy teokbokki they bought from a nearby street vendor. Yoongi was there with him, taking out all the plates and cutleries for the boys to use.

 

"You know what Jin, they're right. Plus I haven't seen you this stressed in years!" Yoongi said as he put down the plates and looked at Jin who let out a heavy sigh.

 

"Just leave me to think about it myself can you? I already have a lot on my mind right now," he slightly snapped as he made his way out to serve the teokbokki to the others outside, while Yoongi followed suit with the cutleries and plates, his face was a little unsatisfied by the way their conversation ended. The others immediately crowd the coffee table, mostly because of the teokbokki but they noticed the face Yoongi was making and they knew that something was wrong.

 

"Hyung, you're thinking about this too much." Jimin said as he munched down a teokbokki.

 

"Let him relax a bit will you? Look at him. I'm sure he didn't sleep well last night," Taehyung said as he elbowed Jimin in the ribs, causing the poor boy to choke a bit. Jin immediately stood and made his way to the kitchen to take some yoghurt for the choking Jimin. Another chance for him to be alone with his thoughts for a few minutes before going out and handed the yoghurts to each boys.

 

The doorbell rang while the boys were inhaling their snack. Namjoon immediately jumped up and being the one with the longest legs, arrived at the front door in just three long strides before opening the door. There stood the Jeon siblings, Ji-Hyeon was holding a huge tupperware wrapped in cloth. Namjoon quickly took it from Ji-Hyeon's arms while Jungkook just walked in, took off his shoes and joined the older boys. Taehyung immediately popped in a teokbokki in Jungkook's mouth while Yoongi passed him a pair of chopsticks.

 

"Yah, Jungkook-ah. You should be the one carrying that not Ji-Hyeon. That looks heavy!" Jin said as he placed the item at the empty spot on the coffee table.

 

"Noona wanted to carry it herself," he said as he shrugged himself out of the thick red jacket he was wearing. Ji-Hyeon was still at the hallway, taking off her thick duffle coat and hanging it at the rack nearby. "That was nothing. I've carried something heavier," she said as she took a place in between Jin and Hoseok.

 

"Those are muffins by the way. Chocolate muffins. I made them fresh just now," she said as she unwrapped the cloth and opened the lid, unleashing the smell of freshly baked muffins.

 

"Uwa!!! Hyeon-ah, you sure know how to cook! Ilhoon will be very lucky if he gets you," Taehyung said as he stole himself a chocolate muffin from the batch. This time, it was Jimin's turn to jab him at the ribs after Jin gave him a deathly glare, causing him to yelp

 

"Jimin why did you do that?" Ji-Hyeon asked, oblivious of the face Jin was making after the comment. Taehyung just gave her his dorky smile and continued munching on the muffins. Again, Ji-Hyeon didn't get the answer that she wanted as everyone indulged themselves in the teokbokki and muffins.

 

"So Hyeon, how was yesterday?" Hoseok asked, causing all eyes to turn to Ji-Hyeon.

 

"Hyung, save it. Nothing incredible happened yesterday. They spent three and a half hours in a cafe talking," Jungkook intercepted when Ji-Hyeon was just opening to answer.

 

"Ehh, waste of my time thinking whether or not to warn the boy to not do anything foolish towards Ji-Hyeon," Yoongi added from beside Jimin. Ever since the topic of Ilhoon came out, Jin was at loss for words. He wanted to know in more details about what happened yesterday between them. Did he treat her well? How did he talk towards Ji-Hyeon?

 

Looking at Ji-Hyeon from the corner of his eyes, he could see a small smile playing around her lips and he let out a sigh. Ji-Hyeon is liking this. And Ilhoon being the sweet talker he is, Ji-Hyeon could fall anytime. Though knowing Ji-Hyeon, she will reserve herself until she's certain. That put Jin's heart at ease at the moment.

 

Ji-Hyeon was oblivious of the thought playing in Jin's head though it seemed that his thought was shared by the other boys including Jungkook. She kept replaying scenes from yesterday's date, though she would just rather to call it as a meet up. It's too early for her to call it a date. Ilhoon seemed like a decent person, though she needed more time to actually know him better. Which made her futher wonder when will she meet him again.