Chapter 19

Love Transfer

-Chapter 19-

 

The boys spent time at Namjoon's house after school that day, as usual. However nothing was usual about that day. Jin who usually would go straight into the kitchen upon arriving at Namjoon's house took the whole couch to himself as he lay there, face furrowed in deep thought. Questions after questions filled his head. Who gave Ji-Hyeon the letter? Why? When? Is that guy sincere? Who is that guy anyways?

 

"Hyung, I can see that you're deep in thought. You're thinking about the letter right?" Namjoon asked as he took his place on the floor at Jin's knee. The rest of the Bangtan Boys took their place round the coffee table.

 

"Hyung, I can see it in your face and actions. You like Ji-Hyeon. So what?" Hoseok added while Jimin and Taehyung search in their backpacks for their chips. Yoongi seemed like he couldn't care less, just leaned his back towards the leather sofa. But in reality he was listening to the whole conversation.

 

"I couldn't hide anything with you guys. But I'm still not sure whether I really do like her, or because she is a very good friend. You know," Jin answered. Truth is he was a bit jealous towards whole letter incident. But is it true that he likes Ji-Hyeon as a girl, not just see her as a good friend? That is another question to ponder upon.

 

"Hyung, if you can't sort out your feelings now, that guy, whomever he is, could claim her as his. You'll miss out," this time Jimin added as he stuffed his mouth with chips. This is one thing about the boys that Jin is thankful about. He can always count on them to give life advice, when they are being serious that is, which was a rare occasion. They must have thought to help their hyung to get his girl.

 

"How can you guys be so sure of what I'm feeling when I myself am not sure of it?" he snapped at them unintentionally. He feels like his head is threatening to ache from all the questions that popped up. He looked at them one by one but none of them take to heart what Jin had said. "Because, we've never seen hyung took care of a girl like this before. Not to mention the cheesy comments hyung made towards her sometimes," this time it's Taehyung's time to answer. Jimin just high fived him from the side.

 

True. He never put that much attention to a girl before. "But that could be because she's the first girl to actually be friends with us right?" he blurted out his thoughts. "But this is too much attention Jin. Even I feel that this is weird," Yoongi answered, still in his laid back position but looking towards Jin which made him ruffled his hair violently as he leaned his head back.

 

"Hyung, I can see that you're still thinking about the letter. If you don't have feelings for her, you will not think about it this much. We have known you for almost forever," Namjoon gave his opinion from his iPad.

 

"But hyung, I don't think Ji-Hyeon knows that you like her. Therefore, she may or may not like you," Hoseok said. "You just have to ruin the moment right Hoseok?" Yoongi snapped. "But it's true right?" Hoseok added.

 

This made Jin's head filled with more and more thoughts and questions. His heart beats quite fast. True. He must really like Ji-hyeon. But will she like him back though?

 

*****

Jungkook made his sister's bed like his own that night as he worked on his homework with Ji-Hyeon. Ji-Hyeon on the other hand had finished her homework an hour ago and now tutoring her dearest younger brother. "Noona, who do you think gave you that letter?" Jungkook asked as he calculated the answer to a math question he is on. He gave a slight glance towards Ji-Hyeon who is deep in thought.

 

"I have no idea. The letter was not signed and I'm sure this is not another prank made by the boys. I knew how their handwriting looks like. This is someone else," she answered as she took back the letter and opened it. 'Liked me since I first came to the school? Seriously?' she thought to herself. The letter itself looks like a prank. Really. Who in his right mind to like a nerd girl wearing a pair of glasses that coveres half of her face and with no sense of style whatsoever?

 

"Do you think what Jin Hyung said is true? That this could be a prank?" Jungkook added, knowing what his sister is currently thinking.

 

"I don't know Kookie. I can't evaluate the sincerity of this person just by one letter. Should I wait and see if there are anymore letters tomorrow?" she asked Jungkook sincerely. She has no experience upon receiving secret admirer letters before. Ugh. Even thinking about it makes her hands cringe.

 

"Done!" Jungkook suddenly yelled to himself as he closed all his books and sat on the bed, crosslegged, looking at his sister. "I agree with you noona. No one can say that it is a prank. You just received one letter. Let's see tomorrow. Now, I think I need sleep. Good night noona!" Jungkook said as he piled all his books and made his way out of the room. 'Right. Let's see tomorrow' Ji-Hyeon thought as she covered herself with her thick duvet.

 

Suddenly Jin's behaviour struck her. After he read the letter, he instantly made a remark that the letter was a prank. Was he thinking that Ji-Hyeon was too nerdy to even get such letters? Did he really think that she's lacking as a girl? But knowing Jin for almost half a year made her throw away the thought since never once Ji-Hyeon remember he made any bad remarks towards her. 'Does he like me? No way a guy who is looked up by almost every girl in school would like me, right? But why am I feeling all giddy inside?' she thought to herself. After tossing and turning for a few minutes under her duvet, she finally was able to get rid of the thought and get some sleep.