Chapter 3

Love Transfer

Jeon Ji-Hyeon just looked at the blurring scenery as her father drove without stop to their new home in Seoul. Her little brother is already sleeping beside her with his head propped on her shoulder - not that she mind. As obnoxious and overprotective her little brother could be, she still love him. Sometimes she would think that he would better suit as her older brother.

 

"Ji-Hyeon-ah. You know we forgot to tell you something inportant. We moving to Seoul is probably our last move. Your dad has gotten a permanent position in the headquarters so we don't have to move anywhere after this," her mother spoke out of the blue. She just stared towards the back of her seat, not knowing what to say. She was not that expressive after all.

 

"Owh. I see," she said slowly.

 

"So after your high school you could just apply for any univeristies or colleges in Seoul without any worries of being far from us okay sweetie?" her father added while giving her a short glance through the rearview mirror. She just smiled at him, hoping that would be enough for a reply. From the rearview mirror she could see a grin from her father.

 

"I know you can get into any college you want sweetheart, being the intelligent student you are," her mother added in her merry tone. She could feel your cheeks blush a little as she complimented.

 

They arrived at their house in Seoul after a long five hour drive. Ji-Hyeon patted Jungkook on the head to wake him up as you open the door to get out of the car and stretch you legs. "Wake up sleepy head. We're here," she yelled near Jungkook's ear as she noticed him going back to sleep on the seat. Jungkook just walked out lazily from the car as he yawned.

 

"Quickly Jungkook, help your dad to unload the boxes," their mother lightly smacked Jungkook on the arm to fully wake him up as she unlocked the front door of their new house. Ji-Hyeon quickly absorb the exterior of the house - two storey, cream coloured. Nothing special about it. She set off to help her father unloading all the boxes and move them inside.

 

All the basic furnitures were already placed at their appropriate place in the house. Knowing that her mother was a keen interior designer, she would have desiged the interior of the house keeping style and comfort in mind.

 

"Alright. Ji-Hyeon, take your boxes to your room. That would be upstairs on the right. Jungkook, your room is also upstairs, first door on the left," stated her mother as she head to the kitchen to fix a late dinner.

 

Ji-Hyeon head to her room and stacked the boxes in the middle of the room. Tired from carrying all the boxes, she sat on the bed to look at the room's interior. The walls are painted white with one focal wall designed with fleur de lis wallpaper. Her mother have always known that Ji-Hyeon love the simple and classic designs. The room was significantly larger than the last one, with a study table facing the window and two large book shelves beside it.

 

"Jeon Ji-Hyeon! Jeon Jungkook! Dinner!" yelled her mother from downstairs. Ji-Hyeon got up and saw herr brother running downstairs with a huge smile on his face. "That hungry littlr brat," she sighed with a smile as she too walked down for their late dinner.