Chapter 4

Love Transfer

The next morning came and Ji-Hyeon woke up feeling sore at her shoulders. 'Probably from carrying all the boxes yesterday' she thought as she got out to wash herself. She just felt suffocated in her room at the moment as she didn't finish unpacking all her stuff yet. She pulled her shoulder length black hair into a ponytail before washing her face and brushing her teeth then continued to her room to finish the last bit of unpacking.

 

After an hour and a half, she threw herself on her bed as she was done. Her room is now clean with books filling the book shelves and on her table now a laptop and her school  utensils. "Noona!" her little brother barged in without notice and threw himself on her bed. "Noona, lets go and explore the neighbourhood. Please~" he pleaded as he looked straight into Ji-Hyeon's eyes with his glistening dark brown ones, knowing that Ji-Hyeon will fall for the charms in an instant.

 

"But I just finished unpacking and I am dead tired. You can go alone right Jungkookie?" She whined at her little brother, closing her eyes.

 

"But that wouldn't be fun. I want you to come with me. Come on noona!" he pleaded and whined while pulling Ji-Hyeon's arms. Knowing that she couldn't resist it any longer, she got up. "Yeay! I'll wait for you downstairs noona!" he leaped in excitement and ran out the door, not forgetting to close it behind him. Ji-Hyeon just smiled at her little brother, being adorable most of the time and protective the other.

 

She took out a pair of grey skinny jeans and a red t-shirt to change and pulled her hair in a loose ponytail as she walked down to where Jungkook was waiting. Upon hearing her footsteps, he leaped to the front door and beamed at Ji-Hyeon with his cheeky smile.

The two siblings walked side-by-side aimlessly in the new neighbourhood. Most of the people just walked by but some of the neighbours noticed that they were new in that area and gave them warm smiles of which they replied with a bow. "Tell me why you drag me out with you again Jungkook," Ji-Hyeon asked unamused. She would rather occupy her time with her books in her room.

 

"Because I know you will never do this on your own. And I don't want my precious noona to get lost," he answered without looking at her, his hands in the front pocket of his jeans. Ji-Hyeon knows that he was not keen on saying that. She thinks that it runs in the family, the trait of not expressing oneself very well. Ji-Hyeon just stared forward as their feet just paced on the footpath. "This place must be pretty during spring right Jungkook. Look at all the trees" she said chinging the topic.

 

They noticed a park just in front of them and there was a basketball court where 6 young boys are playing. "Noona! Finally a neighbourhood with a basketball court!" Jungkook leaped in happiness.

 

"Jungkook you're not that good in basketball," she said rolling her eyes towards her brother.

 

"I know I'm not. But I can always learn can't I? I love basketball and you know that!" he answered as he ran towards the group of boys. "Excuse me, but can I play too?" he asked them un-hesitantly.