Chapter 6

Love Transfer

'What is he doing? Asking people he don't even know!' Ji-Hyeon screamed in her head as she put on a poker face and kept on following her brother. The boys stopped their game and approached the boy. Ji-Hyeon could barely hear her brother introducing themselves so she just bowed while biting her lips in awkwardness. In her head she screamed at Jungkook for dragging her out of the comfort of her bed.

 

"And you're the same age as us are you Ji-Hyeon?" she snapped out of her trance as she heard the Jin asked. She forgot all of their name in an instant as she was not focusing on them. "I- er-" Ji-Hyeon tried to answer the question without being awkward "She skipped a year in the past. So she's actually a year younger, hyung," Jungkook answered for his sister. She let out a sigh of relief that her brother covered for her. She just smiled at them and looked down again.

 

"Ahh, genius are you?" Jimin asked. "She does look like one too" Hoseok added from his side and looked at Namjoon. "Namjoon you're a genius but you didn't manage to skip a year" he playfully mocked Namjoon whom just rolled his eyes "You'd better be gratefull I don't have the mood to kill you" he said. "So you're the same age as us four then!" he added while gesturing towards himself, Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok. Ji-Hyeon just nodded without looking at them and scratched the back of her neck, just for something to do. Jin noticed her awkwardness and just chuckled.

 

"Tell you what, since you are new neighbours, let us treat you to a snack at Namjoon's place. We still have some watermelons" Jin said with a smile.

 

"Watermelons!" Jungkook leaped beaming his bunny smile which made his eyes wrinkle. The boys laughed at Jungkook while leading the siblings to Namjoon's house. "You know what, you are adorable," Jimin said as he swung his arms over Jungkook's shoulder "You're taller than I am though," he added with an awkward laughed. Jungkook smiled, looking pleased as he managed to know his neighbours which are very friendly. "Everyone looks taller than you Jimin," Taehyung said as he took Jungkook's other side.

 

The eight of them walked into a quite large house and they invited the siblings to sit on the sofa. Ji-Hyeon obviously looked awkward as Namjoon said "You know you're the same age as us right? Well, more or less. Be comfortable." Jungkook just looked at his sister from the side with beaming smile trying to comfort his awkward older sister. He hugged her from the side putting his chin on top of her shoulders. "Come on noona. They are friendly" he whispered, making his face as adorable as he could be.

 

"I can see that," Ji-hyeon said as she pinched his nose, making him scrunch his face. She can't help but to let out a ringing laugh from her brother's expression. "Yeah, just be comfortable around us. We don't bite," Jin said as he came out of the kitchen with a huge plate of watermelon. The rest of the boys are laughing. "Hyung, define 'bite'," Hoseok said from the foot of the sofa with his hands reaching out to get a piece of watermelon.

 

The other boys chorused another laugh as Jin smacked the back of his head. "It was just a metaphorical gesture" he growled as he walked back to the kitchen. Ji-Hyeon could feel her face blushing a bit by their reaction, but the longer she's there, the longer she felt at ease. Jungkook took two piece of watermelon and offered Ji-Hyeon one before taking a bite himself. Jin came back out with juice and sat down crosslegged on the floor. "Thank you for the food hyung!" Jungkook beamed.

 

"Not a woman of many words huh Ji-Hyeon?" Taehyung asked propping his chin on the coffee table, staring straight at Ji-Hyeon. "Not normally," she answered in a soft voice while taking a bite of the watermelon.  

 

"So when did you move in this neighbourhood?" Yoongi asked looking up from the game he's playing on his iPad. "Yesterday," was Ji-Hyeon's short answer. They bombarded the siblings with questions after questions, in the end Ji-Hyeon was the only one answering as Jungkook got caught up in a game with Yoongi. "Hyung~" Ji-Hyeon heard Jungkook whimper as he was losing the game to Taehyung this time, distracting her from the questions asked, the questions of which she mostly gave one sentence answer to. She felt like she was answering an IQ test again.

 

Ji-Hyeon's phone rang loudly in the midst of the boys' voice. "Hello, eomma," she said as she picked up.

 

"Ji-Hyeon, where are you and Jungkook? It's getting dark outside and you're not home yet. Dinner is ready for you guys," her mother said from the other end of the line. She was startled and looked outside the window. Well, it's already dusk. "We'll be home in a minute eomma," she asnwered as she hang up the phone.

 

"Jungkook, we need to head home. Eomma called," Ji-Hyeon said as she pat his shoulder. "But I still want to play this game with hyung," he said, not bothered to look back at his sister. "Eomma said dinner is ready," she added. With that sentence Jungkook put down the console and stood up with a huge smile.

 

"Let us walk you guys home," Yoongi said as he stood up. "It's okay guys. Out house is not far from here. Plus, I have my little brother," Ji-Hyeon said with a slight smile, trying to be polite. Jimin walked towards the door, opened it and said with a smile "No bother. Besides, we will make the journey fun. Even if it's just a short walk"