Dessert Sunday

Do you hate me?

As the others said, Seulgi woke up with no memories of defeating the third years. Her memory stopped at the flooding classroom and her torn masterpiece. So none of them mentions anything about it at all, they've all agreed that it was the 3rd years, The Lamias that provoked Seulgi first. Seulgi was discharged after the doctor checked on her confirming that she is fine and will fully recover within the next few weeks.

 

It's a Saturday and the 2nd years do not have any extra classes today. Only the first years. So Youngki continued to 'study'. When Youngki's friends texted her to go clubbing, shopping, hangouts she'd reply "Busy, studying. Next time. " She is studying. Sort of. Studying about the mysterious female student who sits beside her in the class, Seulgi. Youngki will read up about her data whenever she can to know Seulgi's past. Or more like she wants to now what happened to Seulgi's life before she met her.

"A house believed to be set on fire by loan sharks killed the whole family at 3a.m, however the most unfortunate incident in this case is that before the fire brigade arrive, the flame spread to the next house and burnt a pair of husband and wife. The pair has a 4 years old daughter that is currently on a vacation to her grandfather's house in Haeundae." quotes in one of the newspaper article which Youngki believes Principal Bell highlighted it.

"So she was happily going out and come back as an orphan..." Youngki then found a picture of a happy family. Seulgi was smiling happily and so does her parents and...

"Principal Bell?"

 

The next day, Youngki went to school alone knowing Principal Bell will be there in the morning until lunch hour. She barged into the office since it's not school days, formalities not needed.

"Well you came here earlier than I expected." was the first word Principal Bell said while watering his orchid plant without looking at who just barged in.

"You knew I'd come?"

"Of course. I was a fortune teller. I foresee future to a certain extend. Have a seat." Principal Bell put down his watering pot and sat on his seat.

"So, how can I help you?"

"You're her grandfather. You are the grandfather that the newspaper meant. You are the one that took Seulgi away before the fire happens. But why didn't you take the whole family instead if you knew this would kill the whole family? TWO families?!" Youngki feels raged. She had no idea why but she just hates the current Seulgi. The sad, gloomy and cold look. She prefer the one in the family picture. That big smile where her eyes disappears in crescent.

"There are things that even fortune tellers should not change. I was only allowed to save Seulgi. I've told her parents about it. They said the same thing. Save Seulgi. however at the age of 14, Seulgi decided to go on her own. She left the house and went on. She was captured by illegal people and auctioned off as a slave for two years. She escaped after her master got killed by his enemy. She didn't come back to me, instead with the money she earned by working she rented a place. She fed herself and worked for herself. Her grade was great but her attendance wasn't so she ended up in here. However she is an honor student here."

"How did you made her come to school anyway? She looks like the kind that'd rather work to sustain her own life instead of studying."

"Indeed. Looks like you got a tiny grasp of her attitude. I wrote her a letter and made a deal with her. She'll tell you all about it when she's ready. and by the way, she's afraid of thunder and bugs. Since she lived nearest to you, check on her when you can."

"Ya old man... How did you know of that?"

"Student profile. And she lived behind your house across the street. There's this shortcut you can take to get to her house."

The old man made Youngki speechless. Is he really a fortune teller or does he has spies around Seulgi?

"arrasseo."

 

 

Youngki walks home from school and passes by a dessert shop. She remembered Irene said that Seulgi likes sweetness of chocolate flavour.

"Data and facts won't help two person gets close or know each other more. Only real time investments does." Youngki thought to herself and makes her way to Seulgi's home.

Seulgi was practicing her guitar when somebody knocked on her door. She was surprised to see Youngki outside her doorstep as she didn't expect her to come over after that day. Since the bus doesn't have a door, with just a nod from Seulgi as a permission, Youngki allows herself to enter.

"What are you doing here?" Seulgi questions,

"Good question. What am I suppose to say? To know you better?" Youngki thought before answering to Seulgi:

"It's a Sunday and I'm bored. And I'm craving for desserts but it's too big for me to eat alone and it's the only size left for this flavour so.." Youngki put the plastic bag on the table and takes out the large chocolate ice-cream that is enough for two. It wasn't an accident that she bought wrongly or it's the only size for chocolate flavour, she purposely bought it.

Seulgi sighs. "That's the lamest reason I've ever heard in my whole life." There goes Seulgi's cold reply making Youngki frown. Although Youngki looked down, Seulgi is observant enough to let that pass through.

"I'm craving for desserts anyway. You came at the right time." Seulgi opens the cover of the ice-cream and started to eat a mouth full since it's a favourite flavour.

Soon enough they finished more than half of it while Seulgi writing her songs, Youngki sliding in questions bit by bit. Wendy said that when Seulgi is focused with her song, her mind is clear. So when any question is asked, only truthful answers comes out.

"Seulgi-ah.." Youngki calls her softly.

"Hmm..?" Seulgi hums as a reply while tapping her chin, obviously thinking what to write for her lyrics.

"Why don't you live with Principal Bell?" Youngki asked carefully.

"Hate him."

"Why don't you play with Sky High? I mean.. when we.. they fool around?"

"Hate.... " Seulgi said, putting down her pen and look straight at Youngki. "The feeling of separation. They'll all go to college when we graduates but no one can guarantee that we will enter the same college." Seulgi has sadness in her eyes again, more than usual when she talks about separating with Sky High members. The aura around Seulgi is yellowish-orange. Almost like gold. That's the rare kind of aura Youngki's master told her about and Seulgi has it.

"Seulgi-ya, is it okay if I ask you about your past? I mean... When you were still a child under Principal Bell's care?"

Seulgi has the uncertainty look in her eyes when she looked at Youngki. But after few minutes, she nodded giving her approval.

"I was at Principal Bell's playing happily in Haeundae, exploring the fisherman's job on the boat sailing to the sea to catch some fish. For the first two days it was fine. But on the third day is when I saw the news by accident.." Seulgi held her fist tight, gritting her teeth. Her aura is now red which represents anger and hatred.

"Uh oh.. Shouldn't have asked her that."

"That was when I lost it. I feel my blood boiling to it's peak and then... I don't remember what comes next. Then when I am old enough, I left his care and worked for my own. I was taken as slave, tortured, abused, and almost but justice came by and killed him and his men." The red aura gotten bigger.

"However the village where I was taken to, was a poverty village. Don't mind houses yet, just clothes was hard to find. They were all wearing leaves to cover themselves and yet some rich idiots tortured them to pay some money to ---" Seulgi punched the table and it shattered into pieces.

"Holy smokes"

Youngki manage to save the last quarter of ice-cream before it dropped to the floor then put it on the kitchen table. After that she hugged Seulgi even though she knew Seulgi might kill her after that. Seulgi's body feels hot as if she got a fever which Youngki's sure it isn't. She just had ice-cream awhile ago, she should be cool. "Okay I get it! Stop! You can stop now, Seulgi-ah!! It's all in the past. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked you that! I'm sorry!!" Youngki tightens her hug. They were hugging for a short few seconds until Seulgi's rage cools down.

When Seulgi had calmed down, Youngki slowly released her hug and caught Seulgi staring at her. Youngki shyly backs away quickly while blushing. "S--Sorry. It was an emergency awhile ago."

"It's fine. Although it was too tight but it calmed me down." Seulgi turned her back and walked to her bed.

"Arraseo. I'm leaving. " Youngki thought that Seulgi might dislike her because of the hug so she was about to leave until Seulgi stopped her.

"Wait-"

Youngki halted her step and turned around, only to come face to face with a mobile phone.

"Phone... number.." Seulgi said without looking at Youngki however Youngki noticed light blushes on Seulgi's cheeks.

"Her first time asking for phone numbers, maybe. Hehe. I'm lucky no.1 then. Yays!" A smile creep on Youngki's lips and she took Seulgi's phone to call her own number. Then Youngki fished her phone out from her pocket and saved Seulgi's number.

"Save my number properly. I'm the only one living near you."

 

 

^FLASHBACK^

4 years old Seulgi at Haeundae

Little Seulgi was happily playing in the fields of fishes, enjoying the wide area and the amount of fishes swimming by the boat and getting pulled up onboard with the fishing net. After the usual voyage trip, Seulgi ran home to her grandfather happily and had a nice decent dinner. He grandfather went out to meet some friends after that and left Seulgi home alone since it's only at the neighbours and through the window, he could see Seulgi's whereabouts in the house.

Seulgi was bored after playing with all her favourite toys that she brought. RC cars, bears, godzilla set, king kong set.. She even mashup godzilla and Kig Kong set making the two big beast fights one another and ruins the whole city. That's when little Seulgi decided to turn on the TV. It was 9pm, news time.

Right then and there she recognize her own house, and a family picture that was on the floor - half burnt, only her grandfather's face in the picture was burnt though. Little Seulgi began sobbing and throws tantrums trashing the house like godzilla and king kong both possessed her. She rampage like a bull through anything and everything in her way.

When her grandfather came back, his house was as if got hit by a tornado and found Little Seulgi lying on the floor. When little Seulgi woke up the next day, she started to cry and asked whether the news she saw the night before was true. Her grandfather told her everything that the news had said. The flame bunt from one house to another and killed her family. But she has him, Grandpa Bell. But little Seulgi doesn't remember about the rampage at all.

 

========================================

QOTD: IF Seulgi get drunk, what will Seulgi do? Or more like what do YOU want Seulgi to do to YOU?

Let'z get creative here.. keke I have a few thoughts.

-y dance

-dorky dance

-Kisses the 1st person she sees when drunk

- someone's face like a cat

Okay.. Sorry. I'm such a freak.. Don't hate me. T^T