The Lamia strikes again

Do you hate me?

***Youngki POV***

After that day that she helped me which was 2 weeks ago, Seulgi had been appearing everyday with wounds and bruises on her. Yet when anybody ask her about it, she'd say the same reason. "I let my guard down and fell from the stairs."

Stairs... There is no 'stairs' at her housing area at all. (Youngki assumes that her Seulgi stays around the neighbourhood where she sends Sky High's member home yesterday)  School stairs? Judging from how clean her uniform looks when she enters the class, I don't think so. If she falls before entering the class, there should be dust stains on her shirt, or jacket or skirt but there was none and her hair was tidy as well. Fall? I don't think so.

"just say that you picked a fight with people. I'd believe you on that instead of falling from the stairs." I said and rolled my eyes on her. Somehow I felt her glaring at me while Wendy who is sitting behind me asking me to stop triggering her bad side.

I told the teacher about Seulgi's suspicious wounds and she got detention since she refuse to tell how her wounds get there, teachers also assumes that she picks a fight with other delinquents outside of school compound.
 

 

 

Upon receiving the message from Principal Bell to do a spotcheck and confiscate items that are illegal in the school rules, I started with the first years.

In the first years, I got beers, alcohols, drugs. While from Yeri and Joy, only sharp blades. "For self-defense" they say. But no.

In the second years, I confiscated MP3 player, headphones, beers, boozes, drugs, weapons.

In the third year is more severe. metal knuckle, customized baseball bats, , morphine, ecstasy, blades, knife, swords, katana, daggers.

"Principal Bell will keep these till Friday after school. And please don't bring these anymore next monday." I said to the third years and put all the things in the box.

Then I delivers the box to Principal Bell... after taking out the MP3 and headphone after remembering what Irene said.

"Isn't that Seulgi's. She needs those. Her self-composed songs are all in there. She needs those for work." She said.

As if that old man could see through me, once I steps in he said this "Did you perhaps took out something from the box."

And the look in his eyes tells me that he knew what I did so I had to say it. But surprisingly he wasn't mad or anything. He just said,

"Very well. Give that back to her."

In my opinion, this school is weird. ABSOLUTELY WEIRD! Like which school would return confiscated item within end of the weekdays. It was usually when the students graduated that all confiscated items are returned.

"Looks like I'll need to loosen up a bit."

I mumbled and run up the stairs to the second floor where my class room is.

"I hate her."

A voice said.

"But Seulgi-ah, she was only doing her job. Besides, you'll get it back tomorrow. It's friday. Seulgi!"

Then I heard their footsteps running off. It was Seulgi and Wendy.

I knew that head prefects are hated by students.. But why.... why when Seulgi said that I feel.... hurt? What is this feeling?

 

 

 

After that, I returned to class. With Seulgi's MP3 in my pocket and her headphone hiding in my jacket. When Seulgi leave for the restroom, I followed along.

I lean my back against the sink and waited for Seulgi to come out from the cubical.

When finally she comes out and wash her hand, I started after contemplating for a long time.

"So I heard that you hate me."

"Did Wendy tell you that?"

"No, I overheard it when you talked to her."

"ONLY when you have a surprise check and confiscated my headphone and MP3 do you know how much I worked to get those? I have a gig on Sunday and you took my MP3."

"Spotcheck? You are the one who violates the rules. I'm just doing my job as a head prefect. And it isn't my call to do or not to do the spotcheck. Do you think we prefects are so free to trespass every classes to dig through your bags?" I said. Seulgi only sighed.

I took her MP3 from my pocket and put in the pocket of her jacket. "What are you doing?" she asked, I stayed quiet and take her headphone and put around her neck. I saw some bruises at the back of her neck and on her shoulders. Falling from the stairs? No. It's something else. It has to be something else.

"My headphones and MP3? How did you--"

"If you don't want me to take it away again next time, put it at home." I said, cutting her off and left Seulgi in the restroom.

 

 

During classes, I find myself staring at Seulgi who is sitting beside me. My brain is trying it's best to analyze the individual hard. I had never tried to read an individual so hard before. USually if I can read the person, I just read that person and if I can't then I just let them be. But Seulgi... Kang Seulgi... For some reason I am determined to know her more. Not the 'her' that everyone sees but the 'her' that had been hidden deep inside. Yes, herself. The 'real' Kang Seulgi.

 

After feeling the weirdness of Seulgi's injuries I decided to follow her home today. Sneaking from one electric poll to the other, hiding behind one car from the other, keeping my eyes on her until she halted her step suddenly when we came to a certain neighbourhood. It's dark and quiet since the street lamps aren't working.

 

"I'm here. Quickly do whatever you two es want and let me have my dinner peacefully."

I wondered who was she talking to, just then two  other females, one holding a baseball bat and the other holding a kendo sword. They launched their attack on Seulgi. Seulgi falls to the ground and groans.

"The hell. They're the Lamias. Fight back, Kang Seulgi. Fight!" I mumbled, cheering for her in my thoughts. But no.. Seulgi shows no sign of fighting back. She just crouched on the ground and let the es to beat her up.

Just then some flashback swims across my memory.

"Don't mess with the third years."

"They'e the Lamias. The boss of this school."

"Seulgi will face some problems. I want you to keep an eye on her."

"I hate her."

"Just say you pick a fight---"

"Because of me... Her scars and bruises was because of me."

By now Seulgi already bruised and wounded again. Blood all over her uniform while she held her stomach and coughed out blood.

"The heck. Are they trying to kill her?!" I mumbled to nobody when the boss aims for her head. I'm sure that's a deadly strike if it lands. I dig my hands into my pocket and pull out a whistle, quickly blowing it.

The Lamias thought the police are chasing them so they left Seulgi and ran away.

After I'm sure they won't come back, I ran over to Seulgi and kneels beside her, checking her wounds.

"S--- Seul--Seulgi-ah!! Are you okay? Oh my god. Blood. Blood. More blood."

"Relax. I won't die." Seulgi said weakly yet still the cold tone. "Just let me rest here for awhile then I'll go home."

"Leave you here? Not a chance. Let me stay with you. Please."

Seulgi nodded lightly after thinking for awhile.

 

 

I have Seulgi take a nap on my lap instead of the concrete floor. She relaxes herself. Her breathing was hard, I know she is in pain. I rub above her chest gently to sooth her pain. Awhile later, her breathing becomes normal. After half an hour, she sits up.

"I'm fine now. You can go." She said and took her bag but almost fell again. I caught her.

"Just let me take you back home, and get your wounds attended. I do not take No for an answer, thank you."