Special Chapter I - Butler Cafe?

Do you hate me?

What do you think of when we say "Butler"?

 

One fine morning in cafe in Seoul...

"Welcome home, my lady~" the cafe echoes with greetings when the chime of the door rings indicating a guest has entered the premise.

Greeting the guest who entered the premise is two stretch of butlers bowing while the guest walks on the red carpet to their seats. The one and only Butler Cafe in the neighbourhood.

A guest went to her usual seat and look at the menu for the day. After deciding what she wants, she calls a butler by simply snapping her fingers in the air while she still had her attention fully on the menu in her hand.

"My Lady, may I take your order?" the staff said while bowing with the left hand behind her and her right hand placed on her chest.

"I'll have a Set A. Make it quick. And a cup of tea, please."

"Certainly, My Lady."

Okay.. the voice sounds extra familiar....

The guest shrugged the thoughts off and reads her detective novel.

After some time, the same butler approach her again with her orders.

"Your order has arrived, My Lady. Enjoy your meal." The butler says while serving.

The guest put down her novel and turned to thank the butler.

When their eyes met, both of them gasps in unison.

YK: "Seulgi?"

SG: "Kiki?"

Both: "What are you doing here?"

SG: "You first"

YK: Here to grab a simple lunch before work, at the dessert store across the street. Now your turn.

SG: Part-time job.

 

Youngki's POV

Since it's lunch hour, the cafe is jam packed. Seulgi can't chat for long.

"God bless coincidence." i mumbled while reading novel and enjoying my lunch.

Have I mention that Seulgi looks so damn handsome in suit, bowtie and slacks? She tied up her hair and hid it in her wig. Basically no one notice she's a female except her boss, colleagues and me.

"Hey." I called one of Seulgi's colleagues passing by my table after serving another guest.

"Yes, My Lady?"

"Seulgi... is she popular in here?"

For some reason he smiled wider. "Ah~ You're another Seulgi's fangirl I see.."

"Another Seulgi's fangirl??"

"For your information.." He leans in to whisper "She is indeed popular. Very popular. Our cafe was never this busy but ever since she joined the team, everyday is hectic."

I stared at Butler Seulgi, smiling to those other females with pink aura all over them. Yeap they're totally in love with the butler.

"However...No matter how high someone offers to pay, she refuse to be their personal butler. I would totally do it if I were her. But she said that she have no time to deal with bratty princesses for the whole 24 hours. Say, I saw her chatting with you. Do you two know each other?"

"Eh? Ah yeah~ I'm her... "

Okay.. what am I? Her classmate? Roommate? Friend? Which one sounds like I'm closer to Seulgi? Er....

"She's my housemate, now would you get to work before manager-nim grabs your collar again like the last time, Jonghyun-sshi?"

Seulgi pulled his ears making them all red.

"Ahhh~~ Fine fine. Let go of my poor ears. I need them." the guy named Jonghyun rubbed his redded ears after Seulgi released them and went back to work.

Seulgi smiled at me.

"I see that you're done with your meal.'"

"..Y--yeah.. I-- erm.. I better get to work now. I guess I'll see you at home?"

Seulgi nodded. I took my belongings and waved goodbye.

I stepped out of the cafe and pressed the button of the pedestrian traffic light. I leaned against the glass of the cafe while reading the novel.

Then I heard some knocks behind me. I turned around and there she is.. Butler Seulgi. She held up a piece of paper with words written on it with a marker.

It reads: "What time does your shift ends today?"

I fold the little finger on my left hand and bring up both hands with nine fingers altogether.

Seulgi then put down the paper and scribbled quickly as the traffic light turned green allowing pedestrian to pass.

She wrote: "Let's go home together."

I smiled and makes an "Ok" sign. After that she shoo me away.

 

 

While I was working, I'd look over to the other side hoping to see that one cool female in her butler uniform. At times when we looked at each other in unison, she'd blast her infamous bear smile at me and I feel like I'm at the field of fresh flowers and rainbows, fireworks exploding all around me making my hands and knees weak.

*TONG* "I did not hire you to day-dream. Don't go spilling those orders or else there'll be no wages for you." I got hit on my head by my manager but I saw the other side giggling.

 

 

After hours of shift, finally it's closing hour. Or should I say, one more hour to closing. I sighed while looking at the clock.

"Young, stop sighing and check the cupcakes." one of my colleague said.

"Arraseo, Bora-sunbae." I said and drags my feet to the kithen.

*ting ring ting* the bell chimes.

"Young, serve the customer first." I heard Bora said. I'm already at the kitchen by now, already pushing the door open. Geez.

"Nae.."

"No thank you. I'll just sit here in the mean time."

I bring my head up and scanned the place, there at one corner, Seulgi smiling and waving at me. I smiled and stands in dazed until a certain something knocked my head again. But this time was Bora not our manager.

"I'll go bring out the cupcakes." I said and ran to the kitchen and leaned my back against the wall, hands on my chest feeling my own heart beat.

I am sick...

Love sick..

Because of my own housemate..

 

"YOUNG!! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?!!"

Bora's yelling snaped me out from my fantasy and I quickly bring out the cupcake from the oven to put into the display racks.

"We'll close half an hour early today." Bora said. Have I mention that Bora is the successor of this dessert cafe? Yeah, she is the daughter of the owner.

"Young, is that your friend?"

"Uh.. I looked towards Seulgi.. She's sending flying kisses in a charismatic way, wherever she learnt that from.. and then waved at me."

 

I felt my ears and cheeks burning red.

"Uh.. y-yes I guess you could say that."

"Or is she your girlfriend?" Bora nudges my side. "Aww come on, I don't judge these kind of preferences. Love is innocent. There's no right or wrongs in love."

I stayed silent.

"Fine.. then go talk to her then. There's only 5 customers now, I can handle it."

"Go. Go." Bora shoo me to Seulgi and give me a light push on my back.

 

 

 

I took a deep breath, take out my apron and approach Seulgi.

"Hey there cutie." I sat opposite of her and smiled.

"May I get your number?" I acted like a casanova trying to hook up with her.

She looked at me, grinning and cups her own face with her hands, her elbows on the table..

"hmm.. Should I give you my number so easily?" she asked, playing along with my joke.

"ah~ You're a tough one hmm?  What should I do to get your number?"

 

It happened so fast...

 

 

 

 

She slammed the table and stood up, I'm pretty sure 5 other customers are looking this way...

 

 

 

But I can't hear or see a thing...

 

 

 

She's staring down at me...

 

 

 

 

 

I gulped nervously...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A pair of lips pressed against mine.