Cleaning

Do you hate me?

 

"I don't want to imagine that there will be one day that they'll all grow up and countless dating rumours/scandals/confirmation will surface then the protective fans of the guys attacks their personal IG (if they will have one someday). Because I wouldn't want to see another of my bias loose her smile and cry over this matter. It's enough of blood,sweat and tears she flowed during her 7 years of training although she is indeed strong."

 

A/N: I hope u guys recovered from your shock-mode. XDD Okay I finally calmed down. Thanks for your patience, comments and messages. ^^ <3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

At school roof, lunch break.

"Do you think they are okay?" Seungwan started.

"After yesterday, probably. If Youngki really could put that racy scene behind." Joohyun answered while munching her sandwich. They shivered when a fast flashback of that 'scene' passes through their mind for a second.

"God, I need to forget that scene so badly." Seungwan held her head and shakes the thoughts off. Joy and Yeri nodded silently.

 

 

Youngki's house - Youngki's POV

I woke up and sat on my bed in dazed.

I reached out for my phone to check the time. 12.30pm. Then a text message came in from Joohyun.

[Frm: Joohyun]: Told the teachers that both of you are sick. So don't worry about class and have a good rest today. However, extra homeworks for both of you tomorrow. Outstanding homeworks in detention tomorrow after lunch.

"Nah. It must be a dream. But I wasn't  asleep. Ah.. I must be drunk.... But I only rank half a can...Aish oww my head hurts." I decided to leave things behind make some hangover soup for both of us. Since Seulgi was really drunk last night, 99% tells me she won't remember a thing.

"Yeah. Put that aside and just.... it's a dream. A god damn holy dream." I last chanted and went to the kitchen after washing up.

 I was pouring the soup to each bowls when I heard a yawn. Raising my head up and there she is.. My housemate, Kang Seulgi rubbing her eyes like a five year old kid just woke up from bed and walking aimlessly.

"Had a nice sleep?" I asked which she nodded and begin stretching her joints.

"Come here. We both needs a bowl of this hangover soup. Especially you." I took the two bowls to the dining table then both of us sat at the same time.

Seulgi scoop the soup with the spoon and blows it to cool it down. I find myself starting at her lips and the 'holy' scene flew across my brain making me gulp nervously.

Seulgi then noticed me staring at her after she put the spoon of soup in . "What are you looking at?" Cold, check. Emotionless, check. Doesn't remember, confirmed.

"oh nothing.. Just wondering does it taste fine to you. "  Lame excuse but that is the only thing between us now; hangover soup. 

"hmm..good enough to eat." there goes another cold respond. 

"good then." I drink mine too.

"What are we going to do about school?" she asked.

"wow. The Disappearing Seulgi asked about school. Will it be raining candies later? " I joked and as I thought, getting no respond from the latter.

"Fine. We have detention tomorrow after lunch.Something about outstanding homework or something.. "

"pfft.That old hag. " I heard Seulgi muttered.

"Old hag?"

"Principal Bell." Seulgi answered and finished up her bowl of soup in a large gulp. I have never seen anyone eating my cooking this fast before. Even just soup. 

"Right. That weird old geezer. Is he really a fortune teller?" 

Seulgi went in somewhere and comes out with a broom and a dust pan then started to sweep the floor.

"And what are you doing?"

"Cleaning up the mess my bandmates did last night." 

 

I just froze on the spot. Last night. She remembered what happened last night? Wait. Calm down. Let's test her out again before we jump to any conclusion that freak us BOTH out.

"Yah. It's my house, why are you the one to do the cleaning?"

I started a playful bicker with her and takes a clean cloth she held in her hand to start wiping the table and throws all the beer cans and peanut shells into a bin.

"My bandmate's mess."

"Yah. We're housemates. Can you please drop your iceberg-Seulgi mode?"

"No." She said and walked away.

Silently we cleaned the whole living room for 2 freaking hours thanks to Sooyoung staining the couch. Ugh.

"Sseul~"

"hmm?"

"She answered me? I didnt call her Seulgi, Kang Seulgi but just Sseul and she's not angry or what-so-ever but just answered me?"

"What is it?" She asked. Doesn't sound cold anymore.

"Erm.. Do you remember what happen last night?"

There goes the daring question. I get very sensitive after the question slips out from my lips and watched her every move. She put down the brooms and stuffs, straightens her back and looked at me.

That gentle eyes instead of the usual icy glare.

That drop of sweat that strolls down from her forehead to face then drips down from the tip of her chin.

Wait what the hell. That's not the point right now!!  Focus! Youngki focus!!!

I gulped nervously but then my line of sight once again does it's own thing.

Observing her facial features, her eyes, nose, lips and her cute ears when she ties her hair up into a ponytail. The sweat on her neck is so not helping oh god.

I feel butterflies dancing in my organs. What the hell, Kang Seulgi.

"Yeah I remember."

I heard her say. My heart felt like a boulder smashed on it.

"We were singing and dancing, and did some running and jumping around on a trampoline, right?"

I blinked confused while flashbacks replays in my head.

Singing? Yeah we sang.

Dancing? Probably a little.

Running and jumping on a trampoline? That's her running and jumping on my couch.

"That's it."

"That's all?" I reconfirmed earning a light nod. I sighed in relief.

"Why is there more I should remember?"

"Eh? N-No.. Nothing more. Ehe~" Yeah. It's better if she doesn't remember it right? We're housemates and classmate. Our friendship has just steadily improve and if she finds out about it, who knows what she will do?

 

 

 

After a nice cleaning up, both of us clashed on the couch with sweats all over us.

"Wow. My body feels heavy."

Only our huffing and puffing fills the air in the living room

I get to the kitchen and opened the fridge feeling the secondary air-cond.

"Hey Sseul, need a drink?"

Words comes out more naturally now. Even her nickname.

"Any fizzy one?"

I took two cans of Revive and tossed one over to her. We opened the can simultaneously.

"A toast to our excellent teamwork!" I said and raised my can. At first she looked at me then smiled softly and bumps her can with mine.

We gulped down the whole can one-shot.

"Now that's cool."

** END POV**

##

They were watching a drama about Detectives when a honey-coated voice speaks up after a half an hour of silence.

"Kiki.."

"Hmm?"

The calling and responding to each other's name comes more naturally now.

"How do you live alone?"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that? Economically speaking, you're striving to live every meal while I just.. well... just made enough to live by everyday."

Kiki turned to look at her. She's in her daze mode again, staring far into the ceiling. Probably because of the drama we just watched. The detective turns out to be the son of a very famous serial killer however he was still un-born to the world yet. After he is born, the mother left him at an orphanage and the committed suicide.

"Get used to it? I woke up every morning to an empty house. But what I have is the memory of it. Like.. When I was a kid, I woke up to the fragrance of my mother's cooking, my father would sit on the couch reading news paper and cut out his favorite articles and put it in his newspaper album." I leaned my head back and my turn to stare into space. "And every time I come home, I'd remember when the time I step in, my older sister would take my bag off my back and my younger one would hug me saying 'Onni, welcome home' in her cute voice." I said and imitated my younger sister.

"What happened to them?"

 

 

**Seulgi POV**

"What happened to them?" I asked. It was silent all over again then I turned to look at her. She is looking down, fiddling with her fingers and frowning.

"Hey, it's fine if you don't want to remember. There are times I don't want to remember about my past too." I told her and put my hand on hers. I don't even know what I'm doing or why I'm like that when it comes to her but I just let my feelings take the lead. I won't let my brain to stop my action that my heart wants do when I'm around her. For some reason, I'm pretty sure she's trustworthy.

I heard her took a deep breath. Seconds later, a warm hand on top of mine. She looked at me and smiled softly. This time, a rather bitter one.

"They went away. My sisters died when their canoe sinks in the river during their field trip. I missed out because I was very sick that day when they head out to school for departure. Just then one day, I woke up one morning and find a note that my parents will go travel the world and they will always wire transfer expenses money over to me for a living as well as school expenses. So that's it. Basically my life story."

I looked down to hide my face from her. I felt some wetness streaming down my cheeks. I felt her shifting her positions.

"Yah.. Are you...C--Crying??"

"N--No..." My voice cracked

I felt her hands leaving mine and touched my cheeks. She lifts up my face to look at her.

"Why are you the one to cry when I'm suppose to be the one to cry?" She smiled as her eyes disappeared in crescent.

"I-- I don't know... I just---"

She pulled my into her embrace and hugged me.

"Shh.. I'm fine. I survived all these while didn't I? And now you're my housemate, let's look out for each other, okay?"

I nodded in her hug.

"You're such a big dumb bear, Sseul. Behind all that Iceberg-Seulgi mode." She teased me while wiping my tears.

"Yah!" I glared at her and we both chuckled.

"Who want to bath first?" She patted my head. I find myself comfortably smiling to her.

"Let's decide with scissors,paper,stone. Loose and you're a skunk, scissors,paper, stone."

I have no time to prepare and just throw whatever my hand feels like: Stone. While she throws out scissors. I won!!

"You're a skunk! HAHAHA" I said and ran to the bathroom to bath first.