Baby Steps of Friendship

Do you hate me?

***SEULGI POV***

I walked to a neighbourhood like the usual ranting about the things that happened in school today.

"What? Pick a fight? I'm the one getting beat up because of you and all you can do is get me into detention?"

Then I stopped at a position and announced that I have come. The Lamias started beating me up as usual. I don't want to fight back. Fighting back would make them angrier and they might harm my band mates next. So I just stayed still and let them beat me. Until I heard police whistles.

Police? This neighbourhood is where the police never patrols.

Just then my question was answered when I see the head prefect running over to me, the familiar warmth wraps around me while she checks on my injuries. I like it. I like her attention. Only her attention.

Her lap was comfortable. I nap and recharged better than when I nap on the concrete flooring.

After a good rest, I was about to walk home but my knees were still weak, luckily a pair of arms caught me. It's Youngki.

Her warmth made my heart beat fast. It's the warmth that I hadn't felt before. And don't talk to me about skinship. I have never did any of those even to my band mates.

"Just let me take you home and treat your wounds and I do not take NO for an answer." She insisted.

Do I look like I have a choice. Nope. So I let her take me home. To my shabby home. As my first guest. I lead the way, give her the direction and came to a free land.

"Your house...is a bus?"

"I didn't force you to come with me." I said coldly and goes into my 'house.' She followed after me ad looked around the interior at a single glance.

"But the interior is nice. Is it safe from rain and storms?"

"It gets shaky at times but it won't flip over." I said weakly and lay down on my bed.

"Where's your first aid kit?"

I point at the cabinet above the kitchen. She took it and came to me. She sat on my bed, which usually I would go berserk but her... I don't know. I like it when she started to touch me and treat my wounds. My heart pounds I felt myself heating up. I'm.. b-blushing? I'm blushing while staring at the outline of her face.

I winced at the stinging feeling of the oilments.

"Why didn't you say anything at all?" she started to break the silence between us.

"I accused you of picking a fight, you could have said you didn't. And even when teacher ask you about it. You could have said about The Lamias es. Yet you just took detention after helping me out. Was that why you gave me a warning? Because you knew that they will get revenge either in the school compound or outside of school compound."

She read me well. She was the first to read me so well besides my late mother. Or did I accidentally let my guard down and let her read me this time?

I kept quiet and looked away while still letting her treat my wounds.

"Ouch!" I yelped when she put the oilment at the corner of my lips.

"You're acting oh-so-tough and yet this stings made you winced."

Her face was close to mine as she carefully place the plaster at the corner of my lips.

"You have seductive lips, Seulgi-ah."

She said which caught me off-guard. C'mon, a person you're not close to just said you have seductive lips? Wow.

"Sorry. I'm just that straightforward." She apologized and put away the first aid kit after she's done with my wounds.

Kim Youngki. The first to enter my 'house', the first to guessed my mind. Letting my guard down around her? Why do I feel comfortable around her? I only knew her like... two weeks. And the fact that she is close with my bandmates within a week.

"Can I .. ask you something? I mean I know we're not close and all but I'm just curious about you."

Wow.. She is indeed VERY straightforward. I stared at her, wondering if I should accept the challenge of answering her question. Unknowingly I nodded.

"How did you maintain your grades? I heard that you're Disappearing Seulgi. With or without band gigs, you'd still skip class to sustain yourself by working several part-time jobs. But your grades were never waver. It was always remained the same. Top in class, top in the school, and most importantly, straight A's. "

"Email."

"You mean...the teachers would send over to you those worksheets that they will give out?"

I nodded. "Something like that. Get me some water."

She poured me a glass and I drinks it.

"I'd read in advance before class, and asked for worksheets. If I do not understad something, I'll go to the specific teacher's house to ask or I'll find them in the office before class." Wow. I just said more things I would.

"But you.... What makes you come to this school as a head prefect? I heard that your grades were good, skipped few grades, earned a college degree and you're only a year older than me." I leans closely to her, her shocked expression is cute, our lips are just an inch apart. Do I want to kiss her? Of course not. But her lips... is kind of tempting.... *coughs* No I did not just think like that.

"OUCH!!!" she grabbed my wounded part making me bounce back from her and she escaped.

"You--you are fine now I see. I'll get going. See-See you in school tomorrow. Bye." She last said and ran out of my 'house.'

***END POV***

 

Seulgi went to school the next day just like any usual day.. Only this time she's all fixed and bandaged up, her wounds are treated and there's a bear plaster sticking on the corner of her lips.

Seulgi and Youngki exchanged glances. But somehow, Seulgi is back to her cold side again. Unlike yesterday where she spoke with Youngki at her house. Now she's back to her quiet, i-don't-give-a-, and as if having an invisible Do-Not-Disturb sign all around her that blocks everyone away.

"Seulgi-ah, we have 3 performances after class. Do you think we could make it?"

I heard Seungwan asked when she sits infront of Seulgi to talk to her. Yet Seulgi only had eyes on her games.

"I guess so. If we start and finish on time, 3 gigs can be done tonight."

"Daebak. She's just as cold as ice.. No wait, she's colder than the iceberg. What the hell. She's not even the band leader and yet she's doing whatever she likes?" Youngki thought to herself.

She turned back to speak to Seungwan when she returns to her seat.

"Was she always like that? She's not the band leader from my understanding yet she's the one to accept and organise everything in the band? Including what show and performance will your band do?"

Seungwan nodded.

"It has always been like that. Seulgi would accept any gigs that come our way and announce to us the time we need to gather, practice, and perform. No one can say anything back to her other than the word "I have class" because that's the only reason she accept for missing practice. And we tally our schedules every Sunday so if there is any last minute changes in the schedule for the week, w'd have to skip class for the performance or practice. It's our band rule, we even signed a contract."

Wendy explained and opened her guitar case. She took out a piece of paper that written a big word of "CONTRACT" at the top and showed to Youngki.

"Wow. Does the teachers okay with these?"

"Principal Bell gave us a written permission so I guess so. Since you're our friend already, I'll show it to you."

She pulled out a red pass that has "Permission to skip class"  and has Principal Bell's signature on it.

 

 

 

Youngki and Seulgi's band mates were hanging out at the roof for lunch. They shared their lunchbox and tasted each other's cooking.

"Yuck. Youngki, did you mix up salt with sugar again?"  Joohyun asked while making a face after tasting Youngki's curry.

"Again?" Seungwan tasted and makes a face as well. "Youngki, Please ing label your salt and sugar. Yuck."

"Here, have some of mine. That curry needs to go in the trash." Joy offered one of her kimbap. Youngki took it without hesitation and eats it a mouth full but after chewing few times, she spits it out and jumps everywhere, then quickly drinks water.

"What the was that? Wasabi? Chilli sauce? ginger paste?"

Joy and Yeri laughed and Youngki's redden face due to the spiciness of the food prank.

"All three actually." Yerim said.

"Yah! It's bad to play with food. Eat properly. Do you know that in Africa, many children suffering because of meals?" Joohyun nags them. The twin hung their heads low.

Just then, Seulgi came and join them.

"Seulgi! How are your wounds?" Joohyun moved aside and let Seulgi sit between us.

"I'm fine. It's just some scratches,"

"Just some scratches. Says the one who whimpers like a puppy. Oww!"

Seulgi elbowed Youngki at her stomach when Youngki mumbled about it.

"What happened?" Joohyun wondered. All eyes on Youngki.

"Nothing. I just wondered a Lone Ranger, iceberg Seulgi would eat with us here."

"Ah~ We always eat together when everyone has time to so that no one will feel left out." -Seungwan.

The bell already rang indicating lunch break is over but none of them wants to go back to class yet.

"Hey guys!! Our classrom has been trashed! Especially your place, Seulgi." Someone called out from the entrance of the roof.

Youngki recognized her as one of their (Seungwan, Seulgi, Youngki) classmate. They packed their lunch boxes and rushed to class 2-1. There goes their plan of entering class late.

Once they arrive, Youngki gasps. Their class are flooded by water. Walls are scribbled by graffiti, Seulgi and Youngki's table are broken in half, their bags are soaked. Books in their bags obviously wet as well. Seulgi rushed into the class and check her bag, she pulled out some torn pieces of paper.

The graffiti reads:

KANG SEULGI IS A COWARD                                        SEULGI HIDES BEHIND POLICE LMAO                    SO LAME       

                                       SEULGI IS WEAK            SKY HIGH? WHAT IS THAT? A PLACE FOR WEAKLINGS?                  2-1 ARE LOSERS

 

"THOSE MOTHERING ES!!!!" Seulgi yelled as if knowing who was the culprit, she throws her stuffs angrily onto her chair and ran out of the class.

"Oi! SEULGI!!!" Youngki yelled but Seulgi ignore. Seungwan takes a few piece of the broken papers and tries to figure out what it is.

"It's Seulgi's masterpiece..... " Joohyun said.

 

==================

TBC >>

A/N: I got 4 chappies ready in draft.. :D And yes, Youngki and Seulgi is progressing smoothly though slowly. :D