Temple or High School?

Do you hate me?

Kim Youngki started a new life right after college. She's a degree holder, with excellent grade. and right after she attended her graduation ceremony, a job opportunity calls in. She had excellent grades in school throughout her life timeline and skips a few grades as well, being 22 year old and already had a degree certificate in hand is definitely a blessing for someone who works her butts off since young to pay for her own tuition fees. Her parents works at overseas, not knowing where on earth they are but sometimes, you know what they say, "No news is good news" at least she still could feel that they are alive... Somewhere on earth and the email notification that her parents wired some expenses over to her is the proof.

 

A week after her graduation ceremony, Youngki went to challenge her first job. Following the address given by her senior blindly, she arrive at the high school.

From few facts that she knows, those people in there are trouble makers. Most of them are drop-outs, delinquents, gangsters, druggers, physical fighters.

Youngki stood stone infront of the building upon seeing the entrance gate.

"Am I even in the right place?" She wondered and pulled a passerby to ask if she is looking at the right school. The passerby further confirmed that it is a school. After letting the passerby go, Youngki stares at the building again.

"Is this suppose to be a school, or a shaolin temple?"

 

Youngki steps in and follows the path while looking around.. A wide cement place, with straw dummies where they used in those martial art dramas, wooden stands for sparring, and even boxing tools, sandbags..

Youngki had a bad feeling about this but she already promised her senior.

She continues to walk, until she reached the school building.. BUT....

"Oh..my.. god...", Youngki exclaimed when she sees a building, sliced in half, having cracks everywhere even though it's 100% brick and cement.

 

"Being a head prefect here?? Can I even?"

"Hi, I heard that you're a head prefect here." An old man approached Youngki, Youngki was surprised but did not forget to bow at the old man.

"Ah.. Yes. Kim Youngki imnida. "

"I'm the principal here. Principal Bell."

 

 

Principal Bell toured Youngki in the school and briefed her about the kind of students she will faced which Youngki mentally jot down important data in her mind.

There is only 3 years of classes.

1st year - age 19-20.

2nd year - age 21-23

3rd year - Above 23

Even though Youngki is here as a head prefect and a student, she doesn't need to go through exams and stuffs for her mission here is to reshape the delinquent school student to follow normal school rules and make them into a better person.

"The first years are easy to blend, thrid years will be graduating soon so focus more on the second years."

"Nae"

Passing by the 2nd years, the delinquents were noisy and all over the place, even bullying the first years when the teachers weren't around.

But there is one particular student that caught Youngki's attention. She stopped on her track and  stared at the student. Her cute ears and serious look when she's dribbling on her worksheet, her hair tied up in ponytail, sleeves rolled up both sides without buttoning up her jacket. The class were empty as it is free period as Youngki guessed it is.

Principal Bell turned back and realized he had been talking to himself for awhile and walked back to where Youngki is standing, he followed her sight and sees the student she is looking at.

"That's Kang Seulgi."

The voice of the old man snapped Youngki out from staring at the figure.

"Kang Seulgi?"

"She's been an anti-social. No friends at all but academically, her grades are the best among the whole school."

Youngki doesn't favours delinquents at all, she thinks that they are society and country's cancer that will bring down the economy and the country's good name and reputation.

However, this Kang Seulgi girl might prove her wrong someway. Youngki's gut feeling tells her that their chapter had just begun.

 

Announcement of major revamp has been announced, Youngki will be in Class 2-1, Seulgi's class. Since beside Seulgi is the only place left, she have no choice but to sit beside her.

Once she took her seat, few girls came in the class and surrounded Youngki. One of them pulled her hair while another took her bag and poured out everything inside.

"So I hear you're the head prefect huh? And because of you we have to follow school rules that we broke few years back? Hah! Don't make me laugh." Youngki annoyingly swats the hand from pulling her hair.

Youngki glared at them.

"What are you glaring at, ?" The one pulled her hair said.

"Wow wow. Your fist is scary. Why? Wanna punch us? Hahahaha." The other one laughed seeing Youngki's curled up fist.

"Let---"

"You seniors are so noisy."

Youngki was about to start an argument and fight back but a calm voice interrupted her. The seniors turned to the voice and glared at Seulgi who is reading her comic book calmly without even sparing a glance at the seniors.

The seniors turned their attention to Seulgi, completely switching their target.

"This dares to talk back to us? Yah. Do you have a death wish?" The senior who seemed like the boss between two of them slams the table and snatched the comic book.

Seulgi looked up at them and gives them a cold piercing stare while speaking  to the two seniors in a cold, calm and piercing tone that will send shivers down your spine. "i do not have a death wish however, if teachers caught you two bullying a newly transferred junior AND a head prefect, who will be the one to clean the toilets for a week AND unable to graduate again? You two will be graduating in few weeks isn't it. Want to put that on the line?"

The seniors snickered and left the classroom.

Seulgi sits back at her place and continue reading her comic.

"In this school, do not mess with the final years if you want to live."

Youngki looks back at Seulgi who still displays her "I don't give a " attitude but somehow left her a warning.

"Noted. Thanks."

"And don't get me wrong They were being noisy. I wasn't helping you."

 

Seulgi's mysterious aura is different from all the delinquents she had met in the school. As weird as it sounds, Seulgi doesn't have the aura that other delinquent's have. Those black , dangerous one. Yet, Youngki has yet to figure out why Seulgi was somewhat calm, doesn't mingle with anyone and yet, she just helped her??

Youngki stares at her partner trying to figure out that person who just sort of helped her out which she denied herself.

 

 

"Kang Seulgi.... What are you?"