EXO-K: The Problem Children

Exo Fanfic Gems (plus other fandom pearls)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  The Problem Children ongoing The Problem Children AUTHOR: GameOfHearts
LEAD: EXO-K
GENRE; SETTING: action, comedy, romance; fantasy
CHAPTERS: 53, as of 02/12/2015
READER INFORMATION: Subscribers Only  

High Class: ultra-rich access only. No way in, and seemingly no way out. That is, until one girl whose only goal in life was to get good grades makes the mistake of discovering the students of High Class are more than they pretended to be. That day, Jung Juyeon truly discovered that things aren't always what they seem...

After weeks of painful studying and ripping her hair out over entrance exams, Jung Juyeon had finally been accepted on scholarship to attend Academia Mysteria, one of many notable and famous worldwide schools that almost guaranteed a good future. She worked her off to get in, and she planned to keep working her off to stay.

HIGH CLASS: a nickname given to the forbidden East Wing, where rumours have spread throughout the school that ridiculously wealthy teenagers are sent to be pampered in luxury and isolation from the "common folk".

Boy, have they never been more wrong.

What Juyeon discovers from the mistake of her curiosity is that High Class is not a refuge for the ultra-rich after all. It's a refuge for Problem Children, teens born with mysterious mutations in their brain that grants them incredible supernatural powers. After their existence is revealed, Juyeon is forced into the East Wing to keep the secret, and her carefully constructed high school life is brought to ruins in an instant.

Now Juyeon isn't just fighting for her place in the top South Korean university: she also has to fight for her own safety and acceptance in a new world: a world where everyone (including the teachers) seems to hate her for being "normal", where her roommate hides secrets that could possibly save her life and sanity, and where EXO, the group of impossibly handsome boys with the strongest powers in South Korea, take an interest in her.

thoughts PLOT: Juyeon, the school's resident over-achiever after winning a prestigious scholarship, finds herself a fish out of water when she sees something she isn't supposed to – and is then forcibly enrolled in High Class, the even more prestigious part of the school, only to discover that it's actually not that prestigious at all. Rather, everybody there has superpowers, and some of them are pretty dangerous. As pretty much the only normal person there, she quickly becomes an object of curiosity, and just as quickly is taken under the wing of the strongest of the Problem Children (or people with superpowers), the ones chosen to be this generation's EXO.

Chaos and antics of varying degrees ensue. The sense of morals that the Problem Children have are different compared to most normal humans, and Juyeon not only has to adapt, but the people around her have to adapt as well. As the only person without superpowers, her lack of them can make her a liability.

There were a couple of things I felt didn't ma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter