Xiumin: Catch Me If You Can

Exo Fanfic Gems (plus other fandom pearls)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Catch Me If You Can completed Catch Me If You Can AUTHOR: Annie1017
LEAD: Xiumin
GENRE; SETTING: romance; crime
CHAPTERS: 11
READER INFORMATION: Subscribers Only  

Mina is an international art thief hired to pull off one of the biggest heists of the decade. Her team is a hodgepodge of unique people, including a locksmith, a street magician, a hacker, and a jewel thief with whom she shares a mysterious past.

It was a playing card, but unlike anything I had ever seen before. Custom made, for sure. Glossy finish with rounded corners and a unique, intricate design on the back. I flipped it over, and the red queen of hearts border stared back at me. However, instead of the standard cartoon queen in the middle, there was a photo of... me?

thoughts PLOT: Ah... that moment when you find yourself publicly speaking in favour of major competition. Not really a secret what my most famous fic is. But yeah, Catch Me If You Can. The plot moves quickly and is interesting, especially since it's got an almost parallel plot effect going on with something that happened in the past (one word: Barcelona) as well as the heist they're trying to pull off in the present, and because it's intended as a short fic, there aren't too many complications in the heists they pull to keep the plot simple. Mina's old mentor, J, assembles some of the best (criminals) in their trade, so that they can carry out his personal vendetta of stealing a painting from an enemy of his. Mina's problem is that her ex is also on the job. I initially thought that more tension would come from that if they absolutely hated each other, but that would have been clichéd and overridden the subtler nuances of the complications of their situation. It's nice to see an author pull that off well.

CHARACTERISATION: It's a short chaptered fic, and with thirteen characters, it makes it a little difficult to characterise in depth. The author's still done pretty well, all things considered, but the strongest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter