BTS OT7: The Big Tic

Exo Fanfic Gems (plus other fandom pearls)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  The Big Tic ongoing The Big Tic AUTHOR: ohchen 
LEAD: OT7 (BTS)
GENRE; SETTING: action, romance; crime
CHAPTERS: 5, as of 03/10/2015
READER INFORMATION: None  

Suddenly into a new city embroiled in crime, Liah's alone in dealing with her group of overachieving coworkers and deflecting the flirtatious advances of her new neighbour – and they're the least of her problems.

Then, the case begins to consume her.

thoughts PLOT: Okay, this is a BTS story. But it's very good and it deserves way more than just thirty-two readers, even at this stage of writing.

Liah's just moved to Seoul and been assigned to the special investigatins unit with a bunch of very talented but very special co-workers. It's a massive step up from being on the beat and then in the engine room of the paperwork, especially when her first job is to try to catch a ion ring at one of the local universities. That gets sidetracked when a bomb goes off in a warehouse and all hands on deck are needed.

This only has five chapters up, but it's superb so far. I'm not sure if the warehouse case or the ion ring or something else is going to be the all-consuming case and to be honest I'd be happy with whichever one it is. The set up is all there – Liah's working with a very competent unit and there's enough suspense even in only five chapters for this to be utterly gripping so far. The set-up with the team is there, as are the potential leads for a big case out of either of the two mentioned before – either Liah could find herself with much more trouble than she's bargained for with the ring or the unidentified person in the warehouse drugs bomb blast could be much more problematic and ellusive than they'd hoped for. Or something even bigger and more bombastic could appear. Whatever it is, I can't wait to see it.

CHARACTERISATION: It'll be interesting to see whether flirty next door neighbour Namjoon is there for comic relief or something deeper. Since this is from the author of The Dream Team, I can see it going either way. Namjoon's only had a small outing so far (and part of me wonders if he's secretly Yoongi)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter