Just like umma and appa (1)

❤ Happy Days ❤
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong glanced at his son on his little toy table. Changmin was lively despite it being 5 in the morning. Why wouldn’t he be considering he has a table full of cupcakes?

Being the son of a baker and a chef had perks, even if it meant his parent’s profession made them wake up early. It’s not like Changmin had to wake up with his parents, he just did. Since he was a baby, he was awake when his parents were and asleep when his parents were. Yunho and Jaejoong barely succeeded in putting him in a normal sleep routine since he began school. Otherwise, Changmin’s having his way now that’s it’s vacation time.

“Are you going to admire them or eat them?” Jaejoong teased Changmin. Jaejoong always gave Changmin one of each of his treats when he’s baking. It’s their own custom of sorts.

“teehee~ cupcake is pretty.” He giggled out. For a good half hour, Changmin was bent under his low table and admire the cakes, biscuits and macaroons from every angle. It was like a tiger’s eyes looming over the grass, stalking a doe. However, it looked like the doe was the predator as Changmin was wearing his deer hat. It was his favourite since Yunho bought it for him at the zoo last week. It beat wearing the dolphin his uncle got him. 

“Nice to know my edible art is good. Now do you want to eat or should I put them aside for later?” Jaejoong asked him.

Changmin looked at his sugary spread. His eyes very intensely moved from each and every delicacy on that table. And then he had a satisfied smile once he decided. 

He put the macaroons and biscuits closer to him and held out the cupcake to Jaejoong. “eat with daddy?” Changmin asked.

Jaejoong smiled and put the cupcakes in the box on the table. “you can have that after lunch.” It was an indirect permission because lunch meant Jaejoong and Changmin would visit Yunho at the restaurant. Changmin clapped gleefully. He dug in, first taking a macaroon.

“Morning family.” Yunho greeted them. he put a basket of herbs he picked out from their kitchen garden on the island. Yunho liked to use a lot of home-grown ingredients in his cooking and had an excellent and well-maintained garden for the purpose on the terrace of their building. Yunho owned the entire 4-storey building, an inheritance from his grandmother. The first floor was his restaurant, the 2nd floor was a pantry, storeroom and half of the kitchen, and the 3rd and 4th floors with the terrace were part of the residence.

Yunho kissed Jaejoong and snatched a cupcake ignoring the indignant ‘hey’ that followed. Changmin’s hands were akimbo. “daddy!” he gave a one-word scold. “oh! sorry munchkin.” Yunho placed two loud smooches on Changmin’s cheeks. “Good morning cupcake.”

“Good morning daddy.” Changmin pecked Yunho’s nose.

Yunho put him down and turned to Jaejoong. “I’m going down Jae. You need me for anything?”

Jaejoong shook his head. “I guess I’ll go to the bakery too. Minnie’s coming with me and then we’ll see you at lunch. You don’t mind if your desserts reach a little late right? I’ll get them when we come over.”

“What happened to Chun?” Yunho asked. Chun or Park Yoochun was the delivery man at Jaejoong’s family bakery down the street.

“Chun’s going on a date with Su.” Jaejoong said a bit huffily. His brother Junsu and Yoochun were a married couple that never got out of their honeymoon period. They wouldn’t feel guilty about ditching work and going on impromptu dates. It’s a good thing Jaejoong has many more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter