Noona

❤ Happy Days ❤
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Hana is not a morning person. Until a month ago. Now her routine consists of waking up earlier than her parents can come get her, pad over to the room at the far end of the hallway and climb the bars of a crib that was once hers.

“aaaiiieee~!” a squeak came from below her and Hana giggled at her little brother from her perch on the bar of the crib.

Who would’ve thought that breaking out of the crib when she was two would make her an expert in climbing back in when she was four.

Now she had to find the ideal spot inside to jump and then it’s playtime with her brother.

“GAAAH! Choi Hana!” That shriek made Hana lose her balance and she nearly fell backwards before her mom caught her.

“Heechul!” Siwon nearly zoomed past the room when his feet slid on the floor. But he grabbed the wall and stumbled in, “Why’re you yelling?”

“Your daughter was about to jump on Taemin.” Heechul huffed.

“Umma, I was going to land on Girin-chan.” Hana pointed at the stuffed giraffe on the far end of the crib with sass that’s trademark Kim Heechul.

Before Heechul did unleash that trademark sass on his own daughter, Siwon took Hana. “I’ll take her. Tae’s all yours.” And father and daughter zoomed out.

An hour later, a freshly bathed and dressed Hana is toddling back to her little brother’s room. Heechul was on the rocking chair with an armful of Taemin and holding the bottle the infant is feeding from.

“Umma, can I feed Tae-Tae?”

Heechul was flustered by that question. He was not confident of letting Hana take on responsibility for Taemin yet.

Fortunately, Taemin has already consumed his breakfast. “Umm… not today honey. Tae-Tae’s already done. Maybe next time.”

“But you always say that.” Hana stomped her little feet in protest. Her mother always tells her a ‘next time’ that never comes.

“I’m sorry Hana. But you’re too small for this.” Heechul said with finality, not having any of Hana’s tantrums, “now get your bag so we can go to your uncles’ house.”

If Hana was upset earlier, the mention of her favourite uncle has her beaming. She dashed out to get her new toys to show to her Yunho Samchon while Heechul breathed a sigh of relief.

~~~

By the time the Choi family was at the Jung residence, the entire brood was already there. The various sets of grandparents are scattered about the backyard barbecue section. Heechul’s youngest brother, Junsu’s watching over the boiling jiggae while Yoochun is allegedly on a beer run.

“Did the beer seriously run out this early?” Siwon asked with wide eyes as he counted the empty bottles in the trash.

“Joongie hyung wanted to minimise the amount of drinks today. But what can I say… Yoochun’s defiant.”

Siwon gave his brother-in-law a sympathetic pat on the arm, “your husband’s really testing his limits with the Kim Divas.”

“I’m sure my hyungs wouldn’t let me get widowed. Where’s Chullie hyung anyway?”

“He’s putting Tae down for a nap upstairs.”

And that’s where Hana was too.

She watched her mother secure a dozing Taemin in a bassinet beside Changmin’s crib and back away slowly. Heechul turned around to face his daughter with the sternest look he can muster, “Now listen here missy. I don’t want you pulling anymore stunts like this morning again. You let your brother sleep.”

“But Umma, I want to play.”

“You can play with your Yunho Samchon. And Changminnie too. But be careful. He’s only a month older than Taemin. You have to be careful.”

All of Heechul’s talk about being careful with her dongsaengs depresses Hana who nods morosely. While Heechul watches Taemin for a while, Hana trudges her way downstairs.

With no kids to play in a house full of adults, she decides she’s going to coop herself up in the playroom her very rich uncle has made in the lower level.

As if the fun gods had mercy on her, the playroom wasn't empty. Moreover, it wasn’t just anyone. It was her favourite uncle Yunho and her other dongsaeng, Changmin.

“Hey girlfriend!” Yunho bounced in his spot and his infectious energy made his infant son giggle in his lap.

“Samchon!” Hana skipped to him and hugged Yunho by his side. “Minnie!” she proceeded to throw herself on Changmin and nuzzle his belly, loving that fresh powder scent of the baby. Changmin loves the ticklish feeling, laughing squeakily and kicking his tiny feet.

“What’s with the long face girlfriend?” Yunho didn’t miss the forlorn expression on the kid’s face when she walked in, so he had to ask.

But the reminder made Hana sulk. She sat on the carpeted floor cross-legged and pouted, “Umma won’t let me play with Tae-Tae.”

“Aw! Is that so? Well don’t worry. You can play with Minnie.”

“Really?”

“nyaahahaha~!”

“Minnie says yes.”

“Kyaa!” An ecstatic Hana glomped Changmin, taking in more of that baby smell and tickling him more in return.

“Ommo! What’s with all the Changmin-lovin’?” Jaejoong entered to the scene of Hana practically climbing Yunho’s lap to cuddle Changmin.

Seeing Jaejoong, Hana ran to him and hugged his knees. “Samchon! Yunho Samchon said I can play with Minnie! I can right? Can I? Can I?”

“Of course honey.” Jaejoong cooed at the glow on Hana’s face when she got his permission.

"Eh, your umma always overthinks. No harm in letting you feed your dongsaengs." Jaejoong ushered the little girl to sit beside Yunho.

"Here. Let me help you." Yunho passed Changmin to Hana and guided her in the right position to hold a baby. "Support his head a little... That's it." Jaejoong passed the bottle to Yunho and Hana finally realised this is truly happening.

"So I can really feed Minnie?" "Of course honey. I'll help you." Yunho slightly glanced at Jaejoong and they both telepathically cooed at the adorable sight. "Besides, you'll be fine. You're a noona now."

The couple didn't miss how Hana's eyes lit up. Sure enough Hana's confidence got a boost. "Yuh-uh! I'm a noona. I can count till 60 and I'm the tallest in my class."

"Oh my! What a big girl."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter