Ma Birthday

❤ Happy Days ❤
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong heard cute giggles characteristic of his son and smiled as he decorated the cupcakes. Changmin’s with his father, decorating the house and Jaejoong was busy cooking up a storm.

He has the meats prepared for their barbecue party, he made rice, stew, pasta, cookies, bibimbap, patbingsu and salad. The cupcakes are done. The ice-cream sandwiches are chilling in the fridge. Now he is focussing on the birthday cake.

“Changmin….” The tiny hand holding a single cheesy penne halts mid-air before disappearing in the small cupid mouth to ‘cover the evidence.”

“Ma’ birthday umma.” Of course the brat had to pull the birthday card. He thinks he can get away with everything because it’s his birthday today.

Though really, Jaejoong only blames Yunho for spoiling their son.

Jaejoong again heard giggles as the person it came from left the kitchen. Jaejoong mentally did a countdown from 10 to 1 and sure enough, the giggles came closer again before halting and then sneaky tiptoeing that only the trained ears of a mother could pick up.

“Changmin….” Jaejoong said again. More giggles.

His son has been trying to sneak bites of food so many times in the past hour, he’s unfazed by Jaejoong’s stern warnings now. The first two times Changmin thought his mother has eyes at the back of his head but now he’s enjoying the thrill of it.

The naughty birthday boy didn’t let go of the star-shaped cookie he was holding. “Ma Birthday umma, Ma cookie.” Changmin said like the three-year old lawyer he is.

Jaejoong put aside the piping bag of icing and pushed the cake away from the edge of the kitchen counter, then turned to look at his son with his arms akimbo. “Birthday is not a free pass to be naughty mister. Now put the cookie back.” With a pout, Changmin complied.

Jaejoong doesn’t want to be stern with his now three year old son but if Changmin had his way with food, there’d be nothing left for the guests. “Yunho! Yunho-yah!”

A tall man, decorated in streamers and holding three balloons stumbled inside the kitchen like a bee rushes to honey. Jaejoong’s brother Heechul would make a whipping sound if he was here but Yunho has no shame admitting it.

“Nae Joongie?” Yunho looked cuter than their son with the streamers on him and the happy dorky smile. Jaejoong shook his head at his husband. He’s been so excited for Changmin’s birthday since the past month, one would think he’s the birthday boy.

“Keep a better eye on your son. He’s sneaking cookies.” While saying so, Jaejoong slapped Changmin’s hand and the cookie in it dropped on the tray.

“apppaaa~!” Changmin fake pitifully whimpered.

Yunho scratched his head and then looked at Jaejoong. “But it’s his birthday.” Yunho said matter-of-factly and Jaejoong mentally facepalmed because he now understood where Changmin learnt the idea.

“Do I have to talk to you in the same way as our three year old son? birthday doesn’t mean a free pass to do whatever you like. Don’t teach your son wrong things. and I let him eat, he’ll finish off everything and we’ll have nothing to serve the guests. You know he has a big appetite- GAAAH!” Yunho flinched at Jaejoong’s loud exclamation.

Jaejoong’s eyes were trained on Yunho’s left and what he saw made even Yunho gasp. “Oh no champ! What did you do!”

Changmin blatantly scooped more icing on his finger from the cake and put it in his mouth. The cake had four other long ridges marring the formerly pristine icing. “Ma’ buttday!” Changmin spoke around his finger.

“ what?” Yunho asked genuinely and got a smack on his head.

“Why are you so stupid today?” Jaejoong scolded his husband and then pulled Changmin away from his cake. “And you, you're not stepping in this kitchen at all today or so help me god you won’t get to attend your own birthday party.”

Changmin’s eyes widened at that and he immediately shook his head. “No umma no! Ma’ birthday. Minnie good boy. Ma’ birthday.”

“Good.” Jaejoong then turned to Yunho. “Why don’t you and Minnie get ready. I’ll fix the cake.”

“Yup!” Yunho grabbed Changmin by his armpits and hitched him on his hip. “let’s get ready kiddo!”

“Yay!” Changmin cheered when Yunho carried him out of the kitchen like he’s an airplane.

Jaejoong smiled at the scene. His bond with Changmin was different from Yunho’s bond with Changmin and their antics together never ceased to brighten Jaejoong’s day.

Jaejoong turned his attention to the cake. He pouted seeing his hour’s work ruined. But at least it was just the icing. He hadn’t finished putting the sugar decorations yet otherwise Changmin would have eaten those first.

He didn’t have any of the pink icing left so he scraped off as much as he could with the icing knife and prepare a fresh batch of chocolate icing this time since he’s faster in it. He started to put more icing and even it out before decorating the cake.

“It’s not right.” Jaejoong frowned. It was too simple. Jaejoong had more in mind than just a plain chocolate coated cake. He lost his inspiration because he had planned it with strawberry icing.

While he was deep in thought, his eyes fell on the cupcakes. They were strawberry, red velvet and two types with buttercream icing with purple and green food colour. The green gave Jaejoong an idea.

 

“Jaejoongie~ Junsu has some fish we can barbecue. Can he get it?” Yunho shouted from just outside the kitchen. “That would be great.” Jaejoong hollered back. “Bring it Junsu…ne…I’ll see you in the evening…see ya.” Yunho hung up. He was about to go back to Changmin, who’s changed and kept busy with some TV but he was curious how Jaejoong fixed the cake.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter