Your Fool in April

❤ Happy Days ❤
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your Fool in April

“Appa~ Ppalliiiii~” Changmin’s voice went squeaky in urgency as he stomped his feet. But his dad was too slow getting out of the car for his liking. He spent way too long giving autographs outside his agency knowing well they’re supposed to go to his mother’s concert.

“Yeah, just a sec.” Yunho and his road manager sorted out tomorrow’s details and the idol slid out of the van with his bag, “See you Monday hyung.” He waved before giving Changmin his hand.

His puny son tugged his father’s hand to drag him inside the concert venue and Yunho playfully acted heavy, not that it’s much effort to do that when you’re being pulled around by a toddler. He’s barely a few months over a year and doesn’t know many words. But he still knows how to order his father around.  

“Appaaa~” okay, now he’s close to crying. So Yunho picks up his son and piggybacks him to through the backstage entrance. Personnel would greet him on the way before two stagehands arrived to lead him to the VVIP box.

“Changminnie~” Jaejoong’s friend Song Joongki squealed and Changmin jumped off his father to run and slap his hands on Joongki’s in high-five. The little tot then ran to the windows of the box to get as close a view of the stage where his rockstar mother is performing shirtless as always. Changmin knows his dad gets jealous when his mom performs with very little clothing. So that’s one of the reasons why he always whiles away time and reaches his concerts late.

“Ah Yunho-yah! How come you’re late?” Joongki and Yunho share a manly hug.

“Is my wife still shirtless?” Yunho says in response and Joongki laughs understanding what he means. “I hope you weren’t ogling at my wife.” He says mock-threateningly.

“Yah! Is that how you talk to a hyung?” Joongki tried to pull seniority though in the entertainment world, Yunho who debuted in high school is the actor’s senior.

“It’s only a few months hyung, and it’s my policy to not call people who look younger than me ‘hyung’ coz I’m married to my hyung.” Yunho internally laughs at the coincidence where Jaejoong’s birthday is only a few days before his. Till it was interrupted by another thought, “Wait. You didn’t deny it. were you really ogling my wife?”

Joongki didn’t have to answer because he was saved by a sudden occurrence on stage. He pointed at the stage below, “Yunho look!” he said in alarm.

Yunho stood up to get a better look, little disconcerted realizing the music stopped and the cheers of the audience now sounded more like terrified screams. “Appa~ Umma fall! Umma fall!” Changmin jumped to get a better look but he’s too small to understand why his mother is suddenly sleeping on the stage.

Yunho frowned looking at his wife collapsed on the floor. His heart is racing but he can’t seem to move. He watches Anjangg and some of the security staff rush to him. They were crowding him, checking what’s wrong making only his limp legs visible to Yunho. he suddenly had to urge to check up on Jaejoong himself. He doesn’t care if the rockstar’s fans will go into hysterics if he stepped on the stage.

“Minnie come here.” He picks up his son whose eyes are glued to the stage. He was going to where Jaejoong is when Joongki called, “Yunho, wait! Look!”

Yunho’s steps halted. He was almost dreading to turn around. But he heard the music play again and he got curious. So he went back to the balcony, Changmin turning in his arms to look too.

They saw the guards stand there dumbstruck while Anjangg hide his face behind his hands and snicker like he’s pretending to not know what happened. “Umma?” Changmin squeaked curiously, tilting his head and pointing at his mother. In Changmin-speak, it meant, ‘what’s going on?’.

Yunho though didn’t answer as he stared at his wife basking in the spotlight, waving to his fans and apologizing with a dash of aegyo. Unlike his fans, Jaejoong’s husband didn’t show any emotion at the moment.

Joongki sighed in relief as he ruffled Changmin’s hair, “Ah Jeongmal! Looks like your Umma just pulled an April fool’s prank on all of us.”

“Apple foo?” Changmin questioned but Yunho doesn’t say anything. Joongki would’ve explained to the idol-baby, but the aura around Yunho silences not only him, but everyone in the VVIP corner.

Oooh Jaejoong’s gonna get it!

~~~

“Yunnie~ Yunnie-yah~” Jaejoong cooed and nuzzled his hubby’s bicep but fell on the couch face-first when Yunho moved away to head to the kitchen. Jaejoong pouted as he watched his husband’s back walk away.

“Man he knows how to hold a grudge…” Jaejoong mumbled and sighed. He’s a little conflicted now. he’s sad because Yunho’s giving him the cold shoulder, upset because Yunho’s dragging it way too long when even his fans have forgiven him, and because an angry Yunho is a very hot Yunho.

He’s distracted by a cluttering sound next to him and turns his head to look at Changmin playing with Lego near the porch. Oh right… he’s also got an upset mini-Yunho.

Jaejoong walks there before bending down on the plush mat where Changmin plays everyday. He crawls like a kitten because he knows Changmin loves it when they pretend to play animals. “Minnie~” Jaejoong coos at his son but to his surprise, he turns on his diaper-clad bum to give his back to Jaejoong. “baby boo~” Jaejoong tries again, planting a loud kiss on Changmin’s crown and pretending to gnaw him like an animal, “let’s play.”

“Appaaaa~” Changmin crawls away shouting for his father. A very weepy Jaejoong faceplants into the rug to sob dramatically. “Ow!” he groans when a lego digs into his elbow and he kicks his legs, strewing the toys all over the place. He looks at the ceiling mournfully, “Is the price to pay for one little prank God?” he cries.

“I’ll make you pay for it.” Jaejoong turns around to find Yunho standing there with Changmin in his arms and his phone in the other.

“What?” Jaejoong questions thinking he misheard.

“I said, I’ll make lunch…and…play with…it…” Yunho stuttered and pointed at it/Changmin, “You’re getting late for the meeting for magazine shoot. Anjangg just called.”

“Oh…” Jaejoong tried not to show any discontent. Yunho’s talking normally after all. He stood up and dusted his clothes and walked to his husband and son, “I’ll see you two in the evening.” He gave Changmin’s cheek a peck and then kissed Yunho on the lips. It was chaste and long and made Jaejoong glad that at least he’s not rejecting his kiss. “Bye babes. I’ll pick up dessert!” He hollered before taking his bag and jacket and running out  of the house.

Yunho waited till he heard Jaejoong’s car leave their driveway before he signed exaggeratedly, “Can you believe your Umma didn’t suspect anything at all?” Yunho told his son who’s got a clueless look on his face. Yunho thought he was a gone when the words, “I’ll make lunch” escaped his lips. He’s surprised Jaejoong didn’t even notice, he, Jung ‘only boils water’ Yunho, is saying he’s going to cook!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter