Glass bead

❤ Happy Days ❤
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired from (WATCH IT) : Baby Video

Jaejoong's concentration is on the figures displayed on his computer screen when his phone rings. It almost jolts him and he hurriedly picks it up when he sees it’s his mother-in-law, Jung Hyosung.

"Umma, Annyeong."

"Joongie, is everything okay?" Her panic-stricken voice makes him frown.

"I should be asking you that. Are you fine?"

"It's not me!" Whines Hyosung, "where is Minnie?"

"With Yunho. The day-care is closed for the holidays. So Yunho and I are taking turns to stay at home with Minnie."

"So Yunho is at home with Minnie?"

"I think they were supposed to go to the park today.... Umma what's wrong? You're scaring me."

Hyosung pauses before she speaks again. "I'm sorry Joongie. I didn't mean to. But I don't know myself. I thought you would."

This is getting nowhere Jaejoong thinks. He might have to just check for himself. "It's okay Umma. I'll head home and check for myself. I'll call you soon."

"Okay honey. Take care."

They hang up and Jaejoong packs up his stuff. He tells his secretary to clear his schedule for the day and heads to the parking lot. On the way to his car he tries calling Yunho but his phone goes unanswered. By the time he's in his car, Jaejoong is panicking slightly. He decides to try Yunho's phone one more time before he starts the car but surprisingly his phone rings instead. Assuming its Yunho, he answers quickly without looking at the caller.

"Yunho where-"

"Joongie where are you?" Jaejoong frowns and checks his phone. Seeing 'Kim Jisung Office' showed that it really was his father and from his work phone no less. What got his dad this worried to mix up phones?

"Appa? Are you calling from work?"

"Never mind that. Where are you? Where is Minnie?"

"He and Yunho are home. Why? Did something happen?"

"If I knew why would I call you?"

"I'm not sure either. Yunho's mother called me earlier asking the same thing." Jaejoong curses under his breath and starts his car.

"Appa, I'm on my way home to check. I'll call you once I know."

"Okay. Drive carefully." They hang up and Jaejoong makes his way home.

 

 

When Jaejoong enters the driveway of their home he notes Yunho's jeep is parked near the gate instead of the garage, same as it was when he left for work that morning. Seeing the layer of snow that's collected on the jeep it doesn't appear that it has been moved from its spot since two days ago. Jaejoong, not lazy unlike Yunho, drives straight into their garage at the back and enters the house through the garage door.

"Yunho?"

He calls while getting rid of his shoes and coat. The alien silence in the house is something he has never experienced since Changmin was born and it's disconcerting.

"Yunho?"

He passes the empty dining room and heads to the living room. His eyes zero in on the pair of feet hanging off one side of the couch's armrest. He walks around the couch with a huff and sure enough Yunho is sleeping without a care in the world.

"Yah!"

Jaejoong smacks his stomach hard waking him up with a start. Yunho takes a second to find the disturbance. When his bleary eyes land on what appears to be a seething Jaejoong glowering at him, he lets out a confused “hum”.

"Jae?"

He touches Jaejoong's hip with a finger to verify his sleepy brain is not seeing things. Jaejoong is definitely there and he's more awake now. He looks around the room and then at Jaejoong.

 "Where's Minnie?"

Jaejoong's jaw drops at Yunho's query. He was giving Yunho a moment to shake off his slumber before he asked him about Changmin. But when Yunho shoots the question he's supposed to ask at him, Jaejoong snaps.

"You're supposed to tell me where Minnie is! The whole family wants to know."

 "What?"

"Your mom and my dad called asking if something happened to Minnie. That's why I dropped work to come check on both of you myself. And why aren't you answering your phone?"

Yunho peeks behind Jaejoong and there's nothing but today's newspaper on the coffee table. "My phone's not here."

"Forget about your phone! Where's our son?"

"We were taking a nap before lunch. He fell asleep on my stomach. He must've woken up." He got off the couch and noted the house was silent. "Did you check upstairs yet?"

"No..."

"I think we should see if he's in the house first before we start panicking. Let's see in his room."

Jaejoong agrees and follows Yunho upstairs. It was good that Jaejoong heeded Yunho. As soon as they were at the top of the stairs they could hear that familiar squeaky singsong voice. Jaejoong exhales in relief knowing his son is in the house. Although he's now curious about what he's doing.

"Who's he talking to?"

"Let's find out." Yunho tiptoes to the first room which is their son's and listens in from the open door.

Jaejoong is pressed behind Yunho with his chin propped on Yunho's shoulder, unabashedly enjoying his comfortable bear of a husband while they listen in.

"Is that your phone?" Jaejoong whispers near Yunho's ear.

Yunho nods, slightly squirming when Jaejoong's breath on his neck arouses sensations that are inappropriate at the moment. He focuses on the four-year-old's eloquent babble to divert those thoughts.

"And... and... it was on me... Halmeoni it was heavy...."

"Is that your mother or mine?" Yunho asks the head on his shoulder.

"He's already frightened your mother. I'm guessing it's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter