Good and bad, bad and good

❤ Happy Days ❤
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Good and bad, bad and good

Changmin watched his mother put some fresh roses in a clear vase and pour water in it. “Umma, why you put water?” he asked curiously.

“Because plants are like us baby. They need water…” Jaejoong put the vase on the table by the window, “and sunshine.” Changmin’s head tilted as he went over his mother’s words. Jaejoong gave him a tiny push towards his room. “take a bath quickly Minnie. We have to meet Halmeoni and Harabeoji today.”

Changmin nodded and walked away. Unknown to Jaejoong, Changmin had actually traced his steps to the kitchen. He looked at the houseplant on the counter. Changmin doesn’t what it is but this morning, his father had been tending to it. But he got an emergency call from work and just left it there.

The 4 year old mulled over what Jaejoong said and felt that he should complete what his father left. After all, plants need care too.

So Changmin climbed over a stool in the kitchen for his mother to reach high places. He stood on the kitchen island and studied what needed to be done about the plant.

It’s already in a jug of water. So where’s the question of adding more?

It’s sitting on a sunny spot. You can’t get more sunshine than that, can you?
Changmin thought of what his father was doing earlier. He spotted a pair of scissors sitting beside the jug.

“Plant needs haircut!” Changmin exclaimed happily at his deduction. What he didn’t know was that it was a money plant gifted to his father by a client and Yunho had only been t it.

Changmin took the scissors and tried to find an angle to cut the leaves. In his rough handling, he knocked the jug a little and water fell on the platform.

“Oh no!” he looked for something he could wipe it with and found his stuffed cow and fake mini football there. His toys were all over the house. Changmin used the football to wipe up the water. It worked well since the ball was of a towel-like material. He thought for a moment then held the plant to one side of the jug. He put the football and cow in the large jug. “now water won’t fall!” he mentally pat his back at his smart thinking then took the scissors again. “let’s give you haircut Mr Plant.” Changmin zeroed in on one stem, ready to close the blades on it. He failed to hear the footsteps entering the kitchen or see the water that was still on the platform.

“EEEEK!” Changmin slipped on the water and fell off the platform, right in front of his mother’s eyes. If it weren’t for Jaejoong’s instinctive reflexes, the glass jug of water and toys was going to fall on his son. however, Changmin’s plastic plate and bowl did fall with the boy.

Once Jaejoong’s was over the shock, he looked down at his son who was also looking at him. Changmin’s eyes were wide open in shock and he was lying on his back staring at his mother. When the pain sunk in, so did realisation.

“HUWAAAAH! UMMAAAAA! WAAAH!”

~~~

Jaejoong had bathed and changed his son before getting ready to patch him up. Sitting on his mother’s lap, Changmin sniffed. It wasn’t about the pain as much as it was about the embarrassing fall and the dissatisfaction of an incomplete job.

Changmin could still see the mess in the kitchen from their spot on the living room floor. “Umma~!” Changmin said meekly while pointing at the plant, toy and water mess on the floor. It was then, Jaejoong noticed that Changmin’s wrist was skinned too.

Jaejoong glanced behind and then looked at his son again. “it’s okay Minnie. I’ll clean it up.” Jaejoong said while putting the bandaid on the scratch on Minnie’s forehead. Jaejoong doesn’t get how he hurt his forehead when Changmin fell on his back. Then again he’s grateful that Changmin didn’t have any serious head injury. Not even a bump.

Then again, his family was known for unusual injuries as much as it was for their falls, trips and stumbles. Changmin is his blood after all.

Jaejoong put another band aid on his son’s wrist then examined the boy while holding him place. “does it hurt anywhere else?”

Changmin shook his head. “will Appa get angry?”

“for what?”

“Minnie wanted to take care of Mr Plant for Appa but it got spoiled….” Changmin looked down, ready to bawl.

Jaejoong made him look at his face, “your Appa will be more worried about you than the plant. That money plant was just a present and your Appa didn’t even want to keep it. Don’t worry about it okay.” Jaejoong pecked his nose that was slightly reddish from crying. Changmin nodded but he still looked depressed and Jaejoong didn’t like that. “tell you what, you pack up yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter