FerrisWheel

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hurry up Dara! I want to ride the Ferris wheel, you know it’s my favorite!” Bom yelled to her bestfriend. This was the last night the county fair was open before packing and moving to another town. It was almost closing time and Bom knew the line for Ferris wheel would be long.

 

“Calm your tities. I told you already that we will ride it.” Dara said without looking at Bom as she is rummaging through her purse looking for her phone.

 

“I know it’s here somewhere” she muttered to herself. Her hands searched all the pockets but came up with nothing. “Damn it. where is it?” her voice laced with frustration

 

Tired of waiting Bom sneak up next to her and snoop over Dara’s shoulder. “I already know you had bad breath after eating those chili cheese fries. You don’t need to freshen up for me” she joked, thinking that Dara was searching for gum.

 

Dara was too engrossed in her task to comprehend her best friend’s teasing “Uh-huh. Fries. Sure” she blankly repeated. Her heart raced as she checked her purse one more time. She could feel the panic starting to rise.

 

Bom noticed Dara’s frantic behavior and became concerned “What’s the hold up?”

 

“I can’t find my phone” Dara’s voce full of anxiety

 

Bom frowned. “You had it while we were eating fries and corn dogs. I remember Dongwook kept texting you”

 

Dara grimaced, remembering the argument she had with her brother. He insisted she find another way home from the fair because he was giving Lee Chaerin a ride. Dara mentally snorted on that thought. She knew fully well what sort of “ride” Dongwook would be giving her. That type of ride was the exact reason she refused to sit on the backseat of his car.

 

“Maybe you left it on the table?” Bom suggested. She glanced at her watch and strained her neck, trying to get a good look at the Ferris wheel line.

 

Dara then tried to remember if she had taken her phone with her after they finished eating. Her faced pale. “! I think I left it there.” As soon as she said the words. Bom’s faced dropped in disappointment. Her best friend knew the fair would be closing in 10 minutes and there was no way they could get across the fairground to grab the phone and make it on time.

 

Instantly, Dara picked up on her friend’s discontent and made a quick resolve. “Get in line. I’ll meet you there” she said as she took off running in the opposite direction.

 

She weaved her way through the crowds as quickly as she could. Her heart pounded as she neared the eating area, praying her phone was still there. Dara rushed to the table they had sat earlier and saw great disappointment the table was empty. She knew it had been long shot but it still hurt to know it was not there anymore. Mad and frustrated with herself for being so careless she kicked the chair in front of her . The chair toppled over making the people around her stop and stare.

 

Embarrassed on her actions, she picks up the chair. As she is righted the chair she noticed a phone lying on the grass and dirt. Hope suddenly burst on her chest as grabbed it. Sure enough it was her phone!! Relieved to have it back in her possession she let out a big smile. Dara quickly put it on her purse and raced toward the Ferris wheel, hoping Bom was still in line.

 

“Did you find it?” Bom asked as soon as she saw Dara’s approaching.

 

Dara couldn’t contain the grin that spread  across her face. “Got it!” she happily announced. She leaned around the couple in front of them to get a better idea of how long they had to wait. Dara counted six people and knew Bom would get her wish.

 

“So have you talked to Woobin  recently?” Bom inquired, wanting to know if the things had progressed between Dara and her long time boy crush.

 

Woobin had tutored Dara during her freshmen year of high school. She had been struggling with trigonometry and her teacher had recommended Woobin a senior, to help her. Every Tuesday and Thursday they met at a local café and went over the material.

 

Woobin had been kind, thoughtful and funny. He never yelled or became frustrated when Dara didn’t understand a particular theory or problem. Overtime of the semester they had grown to be closed and would hangout for couple more hours after their tutoring session. Dara developed a huge crush on him and was disheartened when he left for college. Though now that she is already a freshmen on college. They still communicated through text messages, emails and phone calls but it was sporadic and short.

 

Dara shook her head in disappointment. “No” she replied glumly. “He’s been busy with internship” she knew it was silly to have a crush on her tutor but she couldn’t help it.

 

“I’m sure he’ll txt or call you soon” Bom assured her softly. She knew how much Dara liked Woobin. “Maybe you should txt and let him know you are thinking about him. I’m sure he’ll appreciate it”

 

Dara shrugged her shoulders. “The thought has crossed my mind but I don’t want to seem clingy or overeager. Plus it’s not like anything ever going to come of it. He’s senior in college and I’m a freshmen”

 

“Will you stop being so negative. You never know what can happen. You should send him a txt wishing him a good day or something. That wouldn’t appear clingy.” Bom suggested.

 

It’s finally 1 more couple and it’s our time next. Dara could only laugh at her friend’s excitement. Bom really did love Ferris wheel. “I seriously don’t understand your obsession with this ride.”

 

Bom looked appalled. “How can you not love it? You can see the whole city from there! Plus, it’s so romantic being under the stars” Bom eyes looked off into the distance. Glazing over as she pictured herself cuddled with a handsome boy.

 

Dara can only shake her head. She knows that she is day dreaming again. “You know you are going on this ride with me right?” she asked her dryly.

 

Bom narrowed her eyes and elbowed Dara “Stop ruining my fantasy!!”

 

The Ferris wheel attendant opened the gate and impatiently motioned them forward. His face was scowling as settled into their seats. “Enjoy your ride” the surly man grunted with a forced smile.

 

“Clearly someone isn’t happy with his job” Dara commented

 

“He should’ve been an actor. He could have played Grumpy in Snow White and seven dwarves” Bom followed

 

“Please keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times. Wait till the ride comes to a complete stop before exiting” The ferris wheel attendant voice erupted over the speakers “And keep ALL your unnecessary comments to YOIRSELF!!” The voice growled, clearly angered.

 

Dara and Bom look at each other with wide eyed and burst into laughter, realizing the man had heard them.

 

“We only have few days left before our college life starts. How depressing” Bom sigh

 

“I don’t know. I’m excited for our freshmen year. We are finally college” Dara said with excitement. Both of them are taking Fahion Design on the same university. They can’t just live without each other.

 

“I know I’m excited as well. But it will be a new world. It’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter