Holmes for him

Ready... Set... Love!

Dear Diary,

Today is the second day of school. We had a lot of homework today. During recess today, I sat together with my classmates. Mikki and Shuu sat together. Whenever I looked at them, they were either laughing with each other or Shuu was feeding Mikki cake. Others told me that they had been together for more than a year now. How I wish I can find a guy like that.

I asked all my friends for where can I buy some cute gifts and they told me that the street behind the school has lots of shops. So after school, I went there to search for Xander's gift. Just then, a cold feeling was felt by my back, as I turned around to find a foreign man with an ice cream against my back. I faster put my school bag down on the floor to clean up but the guy who got ice cream on my shirt started to speak and I had no idea what he meant. "Hey, they're thieves. They are trying to steal your bag." I turned immediately after hearing that and to my surprise, Xander was grabbing another guy's arm.

He called the police and explained that they are "Ice-cream thieves". They got ice cream on girls back in order for them to put their bags down to clean up. One guy are there to distract while the other steal the bags away. They often use this trick on foreign tourists.

I thanked him for saving me again but he said it was nothing and started to walk away. I caught up with him and asked what is the things that he likes. He gave me a what-are-you-talking-about look and replied, "Holmes" then continued walking.

Holmes? Sherlock Holmes, he meant? I walked into every shop along the street and asked if they sell things about Sherlock Holmes. To my despair, I was still haven't find anything Holmes related things by 7pm. As I made my way home, I found an old book shop. I entered and asked the owner, who is an elderly man, if he is selling any Sherlock Holmes books. I was so relieved that the owner said yes and handed me an limited edition book about Holmes's childhood.

I made my payment and rushed home in joy. Just when I reached the shop entrance, the owner said, "I never seen any youngsters who love Holmes like you." I explained to him that I was buying the book for my friend. "That friend of yours must mean a lot to you to find such an old book for him," he said with a smile then returned to putting the books back to the shelves.

I hugged the book and ran straight home with a wide smile on my face. I told appa that I had already bought a gift for Xander then headed to my room and wrapped it. I had just finished doing my homework and now will go to sleep. Night!

Love,

Akira.