One Thing

Ready... Set... Love!

Dear diary,

Today was a annual charity fun fair at my church. So since we had a little some some yesterday at school, I asked Kai to come along with me to have some fun. And so at about 10 in the morning, he was in front of my house, waiting for me. When I came out from my room, I saw papa and Kai was sitting at the dining table without saying a single word. I could feel the intension in the hot summer air. "Hey Kai!" I broke the pin drop silence. In order to get Kai out of the awkward moment, I pulled him out of the house and waved at papa goodbye.

"Sorry about my papa. He's very protective," I apologized. "It's ok," he said gently while linking my arm with his, "So you and your dad stay together alone? Where's your mom?" I told him that my mama passed away when I was little and papa has been both my parents since then.

When we arrived at the church, we went to the room where Chou and Jerry opened their "Maiden Restaurant" together. Simply it was a cosplay restaurant where girls dress up as Maid (Kaichou wa Maid-sama) and guys dress up as Host (Ouran High School Host Club). To be honest, I was pretty surprised to see a lot of girls and guys help out for the restaurant.

"Hey Akira!!!" Chou screamed my name and rushed to my side and gave me a hug. That's just so her and that's one of the things Jerry likes bout her. So I introduced Kai to them and told them that I would show Kai around the school. "Your friends were so nice!" he said with a smile. Aww… those smiles!

We walked around the whole compound of the church and played from the haunted house to the dunking machine then eat all kind of food that were sold there. I had been to tons of fun fair before but none was as enjoyable as this. I guess cause this was for charity, or was it because the one I went with was Kai.

Anyway, when we returned to the restaurant, I saw Xander was talking to a table of girls who I never see in church before. He was wearing a white shirt that was soaked with sweat and a dark blue skinny jeans which was hidden from the front by a long white apron. "He is the cook?" I asked blankly into the thin air and got a "Yes" answer whispered into my ear by Chou.

Kai and I walked towards Xander and I introduced Kai to him, "Hey Xander, this is Kai, my boyfriend." Kai put out his hand for a shake but Xander just nodded at him then walked away. Why was he so cold all of the sudden? What was wrong with him?!? I apologized to Kai on Xander's behalf. Chou served us each a plate of pancakes with lots of syrup and jam and a cup of hot chocolate. Yum!!!

We stayed there until evening. As we were about to leave, the stage located at the car park of the church lighted up and to my biggest surprise, Xander was up there, sitting with his legs crossed on a stool with a black shiny guitar on his lap! The light dimmed down and the only spotlight left was shining on him. We were quite near to the stage hence I could he his sweat glittered under the light.

"I've trying playing it cool. But when I'm looking at you, I can't ever be brave cause you made my heart race." Those lyrics of One Thing escaped from his mouth and his voice was so beautiful! He continued sing and I just stood there rooted to the ground as if my feet had grown roots and implanted them deep into the ground. I didn't know if it was my imagination or Xander was actually looking at me all the time while he was performing.

Right after Xander finished singing the last word, fireworks started to fly across the pitch dark sky. At that beautiful moment, Kai hugged me from the back and leaned in to give me a kiss on my lips. I didn't tell him about this but at that moment, the feeling wasn't the same. It almost felt like he was forcing it. But anyway, under such fantasy scene, everything was so perfect! Perfect night, perfect scene, perfect mood and perfect guy. However, something wasn't right… I don't know what it was but it just didn't feel right.

Love,

Akira.