First operation

Ready... Set... Love!

Dear diary,

The doctor said that my condition is getting worse. For the first time, I saw papa cried. Not just tears running from his eyes but cried like how I did after my break up with Kai.

Oh Kai! I wonder what happened back then at the beach. I wonder if they saw me. I wonder if they felt the guilt creeping on them. Where is Xander anyway? I haven't seen him since I came around. "Good morning Mr. Kasumi," the doctor's voice cut my train of thought, "Can you come out for awhile? I need to talk to you." Papa followed him out. I could sense something was wrong.

Just as I expected, I needed to undergo an operation. The doctor said that the tumor in my brain is getting more serious and if it was not removed soon, I might face death. "Papa, can I have something sweet to eat please?" I asked as I wanted him to get some fresh air outside this enclosed room and more than that, I wanted to be alone.

After papa had left for about 5 minutes, Xander appeared at the door. "Hey buddy!" he greeted as cheerful as he could. When he came near to the bed, I saw a bruise on the left side of his lips. "What happened?" I asked, feeling anxious all of the sudden. "Nothing" he said, "Just a small wound by a jerk at the beach." Jerk? Beach? Don't tell me he meant? "Yes, Kai," he replied as though he was able to read the thought in my mind.

He told me that before I passed out, he went over to Kai and Mikki and gave him a punch in the face. I laughed contentedly as soon as I heard that. "Then why did you get that bruise?" I reached out and traced the outline of his bruise. He stunned for awhile then pulled away, "Oh this?" he smiled, "While I was turning around to watch a fool dropped to the floor, that jerk gave me this present."

We both continued to laugh till papa came back. I could see the shock on his face. We had lunch together and played Monopoly for about an hour or so before I wrote this entry. I have to go for the operation now. Wish my good luck!

Love,

Akira.